Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    So daily numbers from our gov: IL now has 1285 confirmed cases (9868 tests). 636 of the cases in Chicago, 12 total deaths to date. Cases up about 250 since yesterday, and that was the same the day before.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Even a continuing social distancing will not last for too long, if DT has his ways...

Trump itching to scale back social distancing after 15 day-period, aides say
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/politics/trump-coronavirus-15-days-social-distancing/index.html

I don't think he could do anything to countermand the state governors on this.

That's what I was thinking
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    My company sent every one home. Those set up to work from home, work from home. Other, like me, stay home and wait for updates regarding work. Good thing they did this. I was just going to stop coming into the office. We are not essential and even prime minister is telling everyone to stay the *kitten* home.

Lucky you didn't go to Morocco, they've closed their border, and they've got COV19 too.

Yeah, my sister lucked out and came back before it started there. She was planning to travel to the US next, but that got canceled, and we're thanking our lucky stars it did. Airports at a time like this (before countries started limiting air travel) is a disaster.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    The Excel convention centre in London is also being converted to a field hospital.

There was an announcement today of more stringent social distancing rules but we are not in total lockdown. Non essential retail stores, playgrounds, outdoor gyms, libraries will be close. Social visits are not allowed. We are still allowed outdoors to exercise but groups larger than two that don't live together will be dispersed. Parks will remain open for exercise but clusters of people will be dispersed.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Another state with stay at home order.