March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    For those who are not fortunate enough to own gym equipment and are living in regions where gyms are closed, here are some options for weights:

10 Things You Can Lift Instead of Dumbbells at Home
    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/620830/what-to-lift-instead-of-dumbbells

Also, I hear the Zombies Run! app has a home workout.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    My Marathon is still on for June, no cancellation as of yet 🤞.
  • LoveyChar
    @rheddmobile Having spent most of my life around military, being married to a veteran, working in a military community and volunteering there as well I can assure you usually the whiny be - otches with impulse control problems don't usually make it very long one way or the other. Unfortunately I'm probably as uptight and obnoxious as your husband 😬 sounds.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @rheddmobile Having spent most of my life around military, being married to a veteran, working in a military community and volunteering there as well I can assure you usually the whiny be - otches with impulse control problems don't usually make it very long one way or the other. Unfortunately I'm probably as uptight and obnoxious as your husband 😬 sounds.

My entire family is military, including my sister who’s a (retired) Marine Colonel. Believe it or not, my husband was a Ranger Pathfinder in Panama. He does come through when the stakes are high enough!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar wrote: »

My entire family is military, including my sister who’s a (retired) Marine Colonel. Believe it or not, my husband was a Ranger Pathfinder in Panama. He does come through when the stakes are high enough!

That is awesome, truly awesome! I don't know what a Ranger Pathfinder is but my ex-husband was an 82nd Airborne Ranger, completely crazy but driven. They're all amazing and I don't even like my ex-husband but he still sacrificed as did they all. I appreciate all of them...the land of the free because of the brave...
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,352 Member
    @Elise4270 Glad you got out for a walk. No idea about the toes.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Not joking nor being sarcastic. This is not an "introverts rule during quarantine" post, just a very real observation.

The longer we live under this "lockdown" the more I realize that my regular lifestyle is considered "hard" and "oppressive" and "unrealistic" to most. In fact thanks to required "zoom video meetings" - I am being forced to GREATER levels of interactivity with others than before this lockdown.

Seriously, y'all are strange. :)

THIS!!!!! For me, the only big difference is my husband is here. ALL the time. And I wanna kill him. Other than that, not much changed.

We should have quarantined all the husband's together... Mines driving me mad too.

My husband has many fine qualities but stoicism is not one of them. We both work from home so we are fairly used to a high dose of each other’s company but the added stress is not bringing out the best in either of us. You know how in war movies there’s always that one recruit who complains all the time so much that the others secretly pray he’s going to cop it? And then he either catches a bullet early in the movie to show the stakes are real, or ends up getting his stuff together and becoming an unexpected hero. Or sometimes both. That would be my husband. Yesterday on our cool down walk he was melodramatically carrying on because someone was walking on the far side of the street from us at almost exactly our pace, with a set of jingling keys. After asking him to please stop talking about it for the fifth time I straight up told him that it would be a miracle if we both lived through this. Which bought me some silence, for about half a block.

LOL! Mines ADD and I am just beginning to understand that he isn’t intentionally being obnoxious. It still feels like it though. He won’t listen to me at all, when he just asked me what I thought ? And I’m not the boss of him... well. No I’m not. We’re not use to this much time together. If I asked mine to please stop talking about the keys... I’d be accused of not caring about his feelings and being unsupportive, maybe even secretly sleeping with, liking, plotting with, the key jangler! Haha! No not really. But maybe. Gotta love them, I know they try.

@quilteryoyo I think the toes ate just tightness really. No pain but since my gait is poor, maybe it’s just tired and overworked. Thanks for thinking on it though.
  • LoveyChar
    4 fantastic miles tonight! My heart goes out to all people, most likely everyone, affected by this. I saw a boy and grandpa (or dad) with metal detectors out doing their thing, saw cyclists, walkers, runners, saw a food truck and people waiting in line. I ran up to the middle school track and unlike my daughter's track at her school, this one is wide open. I ran laps around it while this buff man used all the bar equipment and was flipping the humongous tire that football players use to practice tackling with. People are trying to remain optimistic and positive. Smile and keep on keeping on.

Nice job to all of you that are pushing on and pushing through.

@Scott6255 It's a hot one out there! I was "glistening" as well... You got it done, my friend, nice job!

@quilteryoyo I like that show, most anything crime drama is my interest. Nice way to enjoy a run!