What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    That I think I'm on ball 9ish and still no closer to being done? This is driving me nuts. I'm bored of working on this, but I've come so far that I want to finish it... however, it keeps eating up yarn and I can't keep driving out to Michael's to get one ball of thread at a time to finish it anymore.

myg4tich50ax.jpg

That is beautiful. ❤

Thank you. My hope is that ONE DAY it will adorn my actual table. I had another (quite different than this), but my cats ate it and it unraveled and fell apart. :(

So lovely! I am impressed!

It reminds me of a doily I once made for my roommate's mother for Christmas. Well, I thought it was going to be a doily, it just got kept getting bigger and bigger... I should have looked at the photo of the doily closer and noticed the bowl of fruit sitting in the middle of it! LOL
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    That I think I'm on ball 9ish and still no closer to being done? This is driving me nuts. I'm bored of working on this, but I've come so far that I want to finish it... however, it keeps eating up yarn and I can't keep driving out to Michael's to get one ball of thread at a time to finish it anymore.

myg4tich50ax.jpg

It’s beautiful!
    I wish I knew how to crochet or knit.

+1
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    50 First Dates vs Memento
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    50 First Dates vs Memento

Memento was so good
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should put a shirt on before I join this zoom call with all of the Ops staff 😬😂...

I hella did a test run before the meeting to see if I could get on and several of my coworkers were already on 🙈😂
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    This is a great time to pick up insecure women. Stuck at home, they are bloated, lonely, have lost their tan and have hair growing out of everywhere. >:)
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    This is a great time to pick up insecure women. Stuck at home, they are bloated, lonely, have lost their tan and have hair growing out of everywhere. >:)

Lucky... you 😁
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

Lucky... you 😁

haha it's an investment
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My heart goes out to each and every direct care provider, that doesn’t have proper PPE still providing care. I will say, after using the SAME disposable “standard mask”, inserted into a fabric mask for EVERY patients room, I could no longer place myself at risk. I couldn’t allow myself, to continue to take my inserted mask out, at the end of shift and placing it into a paper bag that hung up in our employee lounge. I couldn’t continue to wear that same mask, that before this pandemic would be thrown away MULTIPLE times, throughout a shift and especially changed after entering an isolation room.

I have a child with an autoimmune disorder and a special needs son. I have a diabetic mother that I live with and elderly parents that no longer wanted to provide childcare.

Why do you think, 24 residents with 3 employees at a Tucson nursing facility tested positive?! Every facility is on lockdown, only patients out are patients on dialysis. There are NO visitors. “WE” those giving direct care, are being used as Guinea pigs on how to stretch out supplies that wouldn’t even protect from COVID-19.

I can’t protect you and neither can healthcare, if they’re not properly supplied.

:heart: to you
    I wish you and your family good health
    Kudos to you for having stuck it out in such a situation as long as you did - take care💕

This is a problem, nevermind TP hoarding...front line workers need to feel "safe", to be able to care for us.

I'm in a veterinary field, we are open to business and down to 1 box of surgical masks we are re-using...
    I don't mean any comparison to human health care workers - but I sympathize with the lack of proper hygienic equipment.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My heart goes out to each and every direct care provider, that doesn’t have proper PPE still providing care. I will say, after using the SAME disposable “standard mask”, inserted into a fabric mask for EVERY patients room, I could no longer place myself at risk. I couldn’t allow myself, to continue to take my inserted mask out, at the end of shift and placing it into a paper bag that hung up in our employee lounge. I couldn’t continue to wear that same mask, that before this pandemic would be thrown away MULTIPLE times, throughout a shift and especially changed after entering an isolation room.

I have a child with an autoimmune disorder and a special needs son. I have a diabetic mother that I live with and elderly parents that no longer wanted to provide childcare.

Why do you think, 24 residents with 3 employees at a Tucson nursing facility tested positive?! Every facility is on lockdown, only patients out are patients on dialysis. There are NO visitors. “WE” those giving direct care, are being used as Guinea pigs on how to stretch out supplies that wouldn’t even protect from COVID-19.

I can’t protect you and neither can healthcare, if they’re not properly supplied.

:heart: to you
    I wish you and your family good health
    Kudos to you for having stuck it out in such a situation as long as you did - take care💕

This is a problem, nevermind TP hoarding...front line workers need to feel "safe", to be able to care for us.

I'm in a veterinary field, we are open to business and down to 1 box of surgical masks we are re-using...
    I don't mean any comparison to human health care workers - but I sympathize with the lack of proper hygienic equipment.

This also was a post shared from a Facebook friend, last night

Flagstaff AZ

09862kd0lijp.jpeg

People need to be aware of the true crisis 😢 it’s a shame, as healthcare people feel silenced and forced to go to work. When I placed my resignation, I was threatened to be blacklisted if I didn’t carry out 2wks noticed, I was threatened with having my license reported.

Thats *kitten*
    Here (Ontario, Canada) we are encouraged that if we feel "un safe" in our work environment (any job), to stay home - with no repercussions (ya right) but anyway...nice sentiment.

The numbers being reported are days late, people need to realize too - I was talking to a human health pathologist the other day and the #'s reported are 4 days ago due to the lag in processing...

You take care lady...peace and good health to you, and yours

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    cvyvyv5vi5fj.jpg
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    cvyvyv5vi5fj.jpg

:D
    This is how I prank people.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    i hate this
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    cvyvyv5vi5fj.jpg

:D
    This is how I prank people.

I imagine so.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    i hate this

Me too. I'm not sure what you hate in particular, but I hate it for you. It could be nuts, it could be the weather or a situation...it could be a personal struggle or just the way the blanket is draping over you, or that your coffee is just too cold right now. Whatever it is, I'm feeling it for you.

Edit - NVM, you don't care about my grammar mistakes
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I still have a dry cough and TBH, it's sorta freaking me out. Could be "the thing", could be allergies, how the *kitten* am I supposed to know?