What's on your mind?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I still have a dry cough and TBH, it's sorta freaking me out. Could be "the thing", could be allergies, how the *kitten* am I supposed to know?

@KosmosKitten

Are you running a fever ?

I've been sneezing too; the pollen count is wicked high.
    Let's hope it's the same for you.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I still have a dry cough and TBH, it's sorta freaking me out. Could be "the thing", could be allergies, how the *kitten* am I supposed to know?

@KosmosKitten

Are you running a fever ?

I've been sneezing too; the pollen count is wicked high.
    Let's hope it's the same for you.

Thankfully, no. I keep checking when I feel off, but so far, good to go.

I was HOPING allergies would be done since I just went through a nasty bout a couple of weeks before everyone got put on lockdown (and it was definitely allergies with all the sneezing and not being able to breathe out of my nose and my nose constantly draining). Yuck. <3
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Wondering if/when I should venture out to a market? Trying to find a balance between being careful & paranoia.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Wondering if/when I should venture out to a market? Trying to find a balance between being careful & paranoia.

I had no issues with going until last Saturday I had to pick some things up - I kinda felt like was in a video game trying to dodge ppl - it’s a weird feeling as I usually don’t get paranoid about things. Strange times indeed
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I had no issues with going until last Saturday I had to pick some things up - I kinda felt like was in a video game trying to dodge ppl - it’s a weird feeling as I usually don’t get paranoid about things. Strange times indeed

I read this morning that WalMart employees will now be checking shopper's temps before they're allowed in. Unsure if that's local or everywhere? I've also heard there are 6' barriers we're supposed to keep around each other & some stores have enforced only letting a certain # into the store at a time.

I'm confused how I do that in the market? My local markets have narrower than 6' aisles, so does that mean we all go in 1 direction, staying 6' behind the person in front of us & don't pass? I live in an area of mostly very, very, very old retirees, who take ages to walk down an aisle. As a kamikaze, don't-like-to-shop shopper who runs in to grab 4-5 things & leave, I normally sprint down an aisle like a pinball, weaving in & out of carts to reach the end. If I waited for the old folks to move in order, it would take me hours to just grab a few things.

If someone's lingering too long in front of the potatoes, do I have to stand 6' behind them & glare 'til they move, lol? I just want some fresh produce & meat... I don't need to take a pass through the whole store... in & out. I'm unsure of the current Emily Post's Book of Lockdown Social Graces.

giphy.gif
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Will life ever be the same?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member

I read this morning that WalMart employees will now be checking shopper's temps before they're allowed in. Unsure if that's local or everywhere? I've also heard there are 6' barriers we're supposed to keep around each other & some stores have enforced only letting a certain # into the store at a time.

I'm confused how I do that in the market? My local markets have narrower than 6' aisles, so does that mean we all go in 1 direction, staying 6' behind the person in front of us & don't pass? I live in an area of mostly very, very, very old retirees, who take ages to walk down an aisle. As a kamikaze, don't-like-to-shop shopper who runs in to grab 4-5 things & leave, I normally sprint down an aisle like a pinball, weaving in & out of carts to reach the end. If I waited for the old folks to move in order, it would take me hours to just grab a few things.

If someone's lingering too long in front of the potatoes, do I have to stand 6' behind them & glare 'til they move, lol? I just want some fresh produce & meat... I don't need to take a pass through the whole store... in & out. I'm unsure of the current Emily Post's Book of Lockdown Social Graces.

giphy.gif

Walmart is checking EMPLOYEES’ temperatures
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

I hope not.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Life is never the same.

It constantly changes & that's okay.

Will we recover from this? Absolutely.
    It might take a little while for the daily grind to return to normal & the economy will recover too.

Like all thing, both good & bad: This Too Shall Pass

Hang in there.

I found this inspiring - and this inspired da hell outta of it
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    “It feels unnatural to not be in motion, for the city built on four wheels(Detroit) to stand still.
    But these vacant streets, empty stadiums are not signs of our retreat, but of our resolve.
    This is not us sitting out the fight. This is us winning it.
    Our fist doesn’t need to move to have strength. If he were alive today, even Henry himself would have put it in park. So take this isolation as a sign of our togetherness as we take care of ourselves and the ones close.
    Because although it’s time for America’s motor to stop, we are coming back with all 8 cylinders.
    Because here, we don't stop in the name of fear. Here, we stop in the name of love.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZG3-9IPJLs
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »

I believe those who lose loved ones during this time, their lives change as this time is going to be a bitter memory. For those who are working through it such as healthcare workers, it may be like a soldier remembering back on war, a time where their job seemed impossible, and lives including their own, many times hung in the balance. For most others its scary, but its just a moment in time. There will be a time in the not so distant future where most are gonna sit back and say, what the hell just happened?!. And a few years later it will be like remember back in 2020 when that virus made us sit home for a month.....wow that was crazy. Life will go on, as it always does, it may be redundant, but basically its not comfortable to be uncomfortable. A couple of weeks, a couple of months of life outside the norm, it drives people crazy. This time next year i have a feeling the memory of it wont be terrible to most.

You made me feel better, thanks. 😊
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »

I believe those who lose loved ones during this time, their lives change as this time is going to be a bitter memory. For those who are working through it such as healthcare workers, it may be like a soldier remembering back on war, a time where their job seemed impossible, and lives including their own, many times hung in the balance. For most others its scary, but its just a moment in time. There will be a time in the not so distant future where most are gonna sit back and say, what the hell just happened?!. And a few years later it will be like remember back in 2020 when that virus made us sit home for a month.....wow that was crazy. Life will go on, as it always does, it may be redundant, but basically its not comfortable to be uncomfortable. A couple of weeks, a couple of months of life outside the norm, it drives people crazy. This time next year i have a feeling the memory of it wont be terrible to most.

Beautifully put.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

giphy.gif

Ours have taped out 6' spaces so you know. It's... interesting, but keeps everyone apart while they shop. They also (keep in mind this is on base), aren't allowing people to shop in groups anymore. Will sometimes make a concession for a parent with kids, but not a whole family and not a whole group of students.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    I’m wondering if the small number of people posting these days represents mostly all single people.
    🤔
    Take notice ladies, lol.

i’m letting boredom get to me,
    kinda mean i know,
    but it looks true.

Probably
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    I’m wondering if the small number of people posting these days represents mostly all single people.
    🤔
    Take notice ladies, lol.

i’m letting boredom get to me,
    kinda mean i know,
    but it looks true.

Most likely - good observation
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    edited April 2020

KK, I read this morning that WalMart employees will now be checking shopper's temps before they're allowed in. Unsure if that's local or everywhere? I've also heard there are 6' barriers we're supposed to keep around each other & some stores have enforced only letting a certain # into the store at a time.

giphy.gif

Ours have taped out 6' spaces so you know. It's... interesting, but keeps everyone apart while they shop. They also (keep in mind this is on base), aren't allowing people to shop in groups anymore. Will sometimes make a concession for a parent with kids, but not a whole family and not a whole group of students.

Okay, TY for the info. The FL gov just announced a mandatory state-wide stay-at-home order beginning at midnight tomorrow, so I'd imagine our stores will be crowded until then. I'll just go out tomorrow morning to see what's going on & if I can't get into a market with ease or if they have no food, I'll stop at a drive-thru... I think some fast food places are still open.

I wonder if I can still go out for a walk on the sidewalks, if there's a stay-at-home order? People with dogs have to walk them & no one is out walking whenever I'm out, so I'm guessing the answer is yes?

I'm a bit lost & annoyed cuz I just relocated here, so don't know anyone to ask local q's & haven't had the time to learn my way around... I have to find everything via GPS & hope it's right... it often isn't, given the new stores that have gone up here recently.

Thanks again.

@TwitchyMacGee ... TY for the correction.