April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile sorry about your fall, and troubles with your mom. That's great about your husband striking up a friendship with the son of the restaurant owner.

@SammyC121 welcome - hope you find some motivation in this group! Are you training for anything in particular?

@eleanorhawkins - I'm sure Hal is still proud of you :) Good job on your run. I feel for you being confined to an apartment and having it extended. I wish we knew a definite end date to this whole crisis.

@Faebert nice job on your run, glad you had some lovely weather to enjoy. I'm hoping things don't get locked down further when the weather gets so much nicer and people are losing it with being confined...

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    04/01/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 5.0
    04/02/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 8.0
    04/03/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 11.6
    04/04/20 :::: 10.2 :::: 21.8

My first double digit run since mid-December! I headed out to a park that is a bit farther away but has nice wide - and flat - paved trails this morning for the long run. It was starting to get pretty busy by the time I left, but less-used part of the trail it was very open. My Garmin died one hour in, so I had to do some calculating but ended up with just over 10 miles. The weather was good for running at right around 45 degrees, but I could use some sunshine. Maybe later today.
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Miles
    4/1 1
    4/2 2.9
    4/4 2.65
    @Avidkeo Being away from your family sounds so hard, the right thing to do but I am so sorry you have to do it.

June 13-Helvetia 10K

Abi[/quote]

• sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    April's running challenge 40 miles

April 2 - 3 miles
    April 4 - 4 miles
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    I forgot to post yesterday. Lots of stuff happening here!

Great runs, stressful days, introverts and extroverts living together in harmony.

@rheddmobile That looks painful! Thank god it didn't involve face or teeth...ouch!

@avidkeo Your cat is so big! He or she could totally take my little pup. Nice run too!!!

@quilteryoyo The hatchet swing workout! Love it.

My son never bother to ask to get tested in NYC. The public health website just said stay home and don't come in to a doctor or hospital unless you can't breath. He had very typical flu symptoms, but did have dry cough and tickle in his chest when he breathed deep, which is why I think it was Covid. I would love to get him a seralogic blood test done when they are available to check for antibodies and also see if he can donate plasma.

I did make him do a telemed consult with a doctor before he flew home to make sure he was ok to be out. They confirmed the CDC rules of 10 days without symptoms and no fever not using tylenol. I am keeping him at a distance here for another week and he is not allowed in my kitchen, nor can he exercise in the house - only outside.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend...I am going to try to make a mask. Way less calories than baking dessert B)

4/1 - 14 miles
    4/2 - 18 miles
    4/3 - 17 miles
    4/4 -

Total Bike Mileage: 49 miles

Baking dessert burns calories. Eating dessert, on the other hand...
  • Tramboman
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Today is a rest day for me which is good since there is a thunderstorm happening right now. But tomorrow should be nice for my long run. Yesterday was a very stressful day for us. We had our first positive covid-19 case confirmed. I live in a small town of about 5000 people, so I knew that when the first positive came it would likely be someone that I at least knew of, but it turned out to be someone that we actually know fairly well. He goes to our church and also lives next door to my office. My husband actually sees and talks to this man on a fairly regular basis. But he has been in isolation for over 14 days (almost 3 weeks) and they are saying that if you don't have symptoms yet then you probably weren't exposed to this man. He is elderly, but I am not aware of any health issues (his wife does have health issues) and he is not hospitalized and I think he is starting to feel better already.

My daughter has been working at home for over two weeks. There was someone in her office that they think had it, but he was not tested. He and his wife both had symptoms, but they did not test them at the time because they had not been to China or Europe. They had been to Seattle, but they still did not get tested. But at least it has been a while since my daughter has had any contact with anyone in her office. And my son has been home for 11 days. Although since we are sheltered on place he still won't be able to really see anyone yet even after it has been 14 days.

I am planning to spend this afternoon making some masks. I have the fabric in the washer now. If they turn out I will need to go to the store. I have plenty of fabric, but not a lot of elasic. I just hope that it stops thundering. I hate thunder.

@bearly63 I'm glad your son is home and feeling better.

@rheddmobile That looks painful.

I hope everyone has a great day and y'all are able to get your runs in.

The mask my wife made for me has ties instead of elastic. I think I like the tie ones better, even though untying them can sometimes be a challenge.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I was surprised and am not sore at all. And, yes, cedar trees are very invasive around here. If you don't keep them cleared, they can take over an area in 3 - 4 years. The field I worked in yesterday has been cleared a couple of years ago. I have a couple of other fields that have larger trees because they have been ignored way too long. A chain saw will be needed for most of them. I hope to get them all cleared sometime this spring, if the weather cooperates.

@kgirlhart Glad your friend is getting better and you all didn't get it from him. It's scary when someone you know has it. BTW, I read this morning that ties are better for the masks than elastic because you can adjust them to make it fit better.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Last night, as I was fretting over the really tough week Hal has planned for me next week with a tough interval run on Thursday and then a '5k race simulation on Saturday' at a faster pace than I think I can run for an outdoor 5k let alone a treadmill run, I had one of those lightbulb moments that make you realise how dumb you are.
    I am following a plan, but there isn't going to be an actual race. So it really doesn't matter whether I do what Hal tells me to or not! I get too tied up in wanting that pat on the back for following instructions precisely.
    SO I decided to do them slower. I figure as the app is adaptive (supposedly), if I log slower runs that he's telling me to do and report that they were very tough he might lighten up on me!
    With that in mind, I did this morning's 'long' run at a slow, relatively easy pace which ended up about 22 second per km slower than he had ordered. Yet he still gave me a pat on the back. Hmm. No doubt when I report back on the not so speedy speed work he'll notice lol.

In other news, today is day 1 of my 4th week without leaving our apartment. And our PM is expected to announce another 15 days today (on top of the week left to go, meaning it will b until April 26th at least!). We're going to try to make brownies after I do my yoga. We're gonna get so fat!

01/04: 4.81km tempo run
    02/04: 6.57km base run
    04/04: 9.6km easy 'long' run

April goal: 144km. Run so far: 20.98km

I love reading about you relationship with Hal! Sorry about the extended quarantine.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    4/3 - 3
    4/4 - 3

6 of 40 miles

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the love guys.
    @skippygirlsmom it's a garmin vivoactive 4s. I bought it last year even though I really didn't need to, and I LOVE it. Its slightly smaller than my old watch (vivoactive 3 music) and I find I don't whack it on things like I used to my old watch.

@rheddmobile ouch!

Rest day for me, and the clocks went back overnight (autumn here, though I'm hanging with y'all so much I want to say fall...) so it's nearly 10am body time, but only 9am clock time. Its going to be such a long day, and will be dark early!

I'm a bit achey after yesterday's run, so I'm going to do some strength training and yoga to stretch out. Other than that, a whole lot of nothing. Again.

So um second monthly question if you don't mind me asking: what's your favourite show to binge during lock down!
    I'm on a startrek kick, watching TNG, currently up to season 3. And almost finished Picard. Also catching up on Outlander. Ohhh no kids around, maybe I should finally watch Breaking Bad. What service is it on?
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Avidkeo I love my Garmin 235 but it just looks like a running watch.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Avidkeo I love my Garmin 235 but it just looks like a running watch.

Yeah this is definitely a smart crossed with running watch lol i did not buy it for the smart watch capabilities. When I got my vivoactive 3, it was the steps, HR and music things I wanted (upgraded from a fitbit). Then I discovered the smart featured and I admit, I like them lol
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Running Miles:
    4/1- 8.2
    4/2- 6.4
    4/3- 3.5
    4/4- 4.2

= 22.3/130
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Thanks for the love guys.
    @skippygirlsmom it's a garmin vivoactive 4s. I bought it last year even though I really didn't need to, and I LOVE it. Its slightly smaller than my old watch (vivoactive 3 music) and I find I don't whack it on things like I used to my old watch.

@rheddmobile ouch!

Rest day for me, and the clocks went back overnight (autumn here, though I'm hanging with y'all so much I want to say fall...) so it's nearly 10am body time, but only 9am clock time. Its going to be such a long day, and will be dark early!

I'm a bit achey after yesterday's run, so I'm going to do some strength training and yoga to stretch out. Other than that, a whole lot of nothing. Again.

So um second monthly question if you don't mind me asking: what's your favourite show to binge during lock down!
    I'm on a startrek kick, watching TNG, currently up to season 3. And almost finished Picard. Also catching up on Outlander. Ohhh no kids around, maybe I should finally watch Breaking Bad. What service is it on?

Watched the whole series of "La Femme Nikita."
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

We just watched all 10 episodes of Picard and now, circling back to the Doctor. We are only on season 11 so have some to work through.