TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I am going on a long weekend with my hubby to San Antonio..We are leaving on friday and returning on sunday i guess..not sure...lol..My hubby has booked the hotels, so not sure on the days.. Also, not sure how far will i be able to complete the challenges this week...but I will try to burn maximum calories this week... :-) Hopefully my foot wont trouble me more this week...

Have Fun!! I bet the hotel will have a gym so it will be nice for you to change it up.

Yeah... I am going to check on the gym and my hubby is going to check on me...lol... Yday I was checking with him that if we are going to have internet and kitchen in the hotel... So he was like mfp is going to be banned there...hahahhaha
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    hey girls! I just had an NSV moment thati had to share...

A few weeks ago one of my cousins (who also happens tobe one of my very best friends) came into town. She lives in BC so we don't see each other oftne but we are very close and even had babies within 3 weeks of each other! Anyways, she was in town for our grandmother's funeral and she and her 2 daughters ended up spending the night with us before going home. She is a very talented photographer and she wanted to take some pics of my son and I. I was excited because I've seen her work and it's beautiful but also worried because I hate to have my picture taken and I truly believed that as much as I lover every photo she's ever taken, that I would hate the ones she took of me. No reflection on her, just I was sure I would ugly up her work. Well, she sent them to me today and they are beautiful! I never in a million years thought I would see a photo of myself that I loved but i loved all 5 she sent! I know she does work with photoshop but she swore to me that all she did with it was make the sky bluer and the grass greener and that she didn't alter my image at all (and she wouldn't lie to me so I actually believe her). For the first time I really saw the changes I have made to my body. And more than that, for the first time in as long as I can remember I felt beautiful.

I should mention as well that my son is the real star of all the photos. his cuteness is almost unbearable! It wasn't until my 3rd or 4th time going through them that I noticed how much i liked my own appearance.

Anyways, as vain as this sounds, I am SO happy to have a picture of myself that doesn't make me want to cry!!!! one of them is now my profile pic.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

A few weeks ago one of my cousins (who also happens tobe one of my very best friends) came into town. She lives in BC so we don't see each other oftne but we are very close and even had babies within 3 weeks of each other! Anyways, she was in town for our grandmother's funeral and she and her 2 daughters ended up spending the night with us before going home. She is a very talented photographer and she wanted to take some pics of my son and I. I was excited because I've seen her work and it's beautiful but also worried because I hate to have my picture taken and I truly believed that as much as I lover every photo she's ever taken, that I would hate the ones she took of me. No reflection on her, just I was sure I would ugly up her work. Well, she sent them to me today and they are beautiful! I never in a million years thought I would see a photo of myself that I loved but i loved all 5 she sent! I know she does work with photoshop but she swore to me that all she did with it was make the sky bluer and the grass greener and that she didn't alter my image at all (and she wouldn't lie to me so I actually believe her). For the first time I really saw the changes I have made to my body. And more than that, for the first time in as long as I can remember I felt beautiful.

I should mention as well that my son is the real star of all the photos. his cuteness is almost unbearable! It wasn't until my 3rd or 4th time going through them that I noticed how much i liked my own appearance.

Anyways, as vain as this sounds, I am SO happy to have a picture of myself that doesn't make me want to cry!!!! one of them is now my profile pic.

Lynda,
    I am so happy for you!:happy: I love your new profile pic! What a great feeling to love a picture of yourself, I have some old ones like that, I have yet to take many recent ones but I was actually thinking about changing my profile pic today. I read your NSV moment and couldn't help but smile the whole time I was reading it, you have worked so hard and you deserve this moment!

I also had a NSV tonight.
    Today was a bit hectic for me, being gone for 4 days with my Husband here made my house look as if it had not been cleaned in months, he is horrible at keeping up with our house. I spent the whole day cleaning, I was able to get a bike ride in to my dad's house this afternoon but I knew it wasn't enough. When my husband got home from work I couldn't help it I WANTED to workout so bad so I told him I was going to go for a walk, it was dark already but I felt I needed and WANTED to go. So I starting walking my normal path and then after 5min decided to jog it, I ended up jogging for 20 min even when it started to rain about 10 min in. It felt so amazing, I feel so different about exercise it is enjoyable to me, it is something I long for and if I don't fit it in my day I just don't feel good about it. So I am proud to say that I accomplished this after a long day, I did this for me!
  • renubhat_82
    Options

Wow..thats amazing Lynda... But this is not fair.. (lol)... you dint post those pics dear..hehehe...I guess all of us would be willing to view those too...:smile:

Congrats on that NSV..Happy for you... I am just waiting for my NSV when someone would comment saying I have reduced or looking better... it takes a lot of time to see the difference i guess... :-)

Keep rocking...:flowerforyou:
  • renubhat_82
    Options

Lynda,
    I am so happy for you!:happy: I love your new profile pic! What a great feeling to love a picture of yourself, I have some old ones like that, I have yet to take many recent ones but I was actually thinking about changing my profile pic today. I read your NSV moment and couldn't help but smile the whole time I was reading it, you have worked so hard and you deserve this moment!

Today was a bit hectic for me, being gone for 4 days with my Husband here made my house look as if it had not been cleaned in months, he is horrible at keeping up with our house. I spent the whole day cleaning, I was able to get a bike ride in to my dad's house this afternoon but I knew it wasn't enough. When my husband got home from work I couldn't help it I WANTED to workout so bad so I told him I was going to go for a walk, it was dark already but I felt I needed and WANTED to go. So I starting walking my normal path and then after 5min decided to jog it, I ended up jogging for 20 min even when it started to rain about 10 min in. It felt so amazing, I feel so different about exercise it is enjoyable to me, it is something I long for and if I don't fit it in my day I just don't feel good about it. So I am proud to say that I accomplished this after a long day, I did this for me!

Yes Karie.. I agree with you.. I couldn't exercise regularly last week due to my foot infection.. I was feeling so bad that I am not able to exercise like hard core cardio... Its nice that we are getting used to this healthy habit.. I should be mentioning one more thing here.. Previously I used to crave for Indian snack mix, sweets etc.. These days, the moment I have one piece I am done and my taste buds too refuse to take more than that..hehhe.. my eating habit has changed so much..
  • losinit_4_good
    Options

Yes Karie.. I agree with you.. I couldn't exercise regularly last week due to my foot infection.. I was feeling so bad that I am not able to exercise like hard core cardio... Its nice that we are getting used to this healthy habit.. I should be mentioning one more thing here.. Previously I used to crave for Indian snack mix, sweets etc.. These days, the moment I have one piece I am done and my taste buds too refuse to take more than that..hehhe.. my eating habit has changed so much..

I'm with you on that one girls! I love my exercise now! If for some reason i actually do go a day without a hard workout, the next morning my body is literally itching to go! lol!

Karie, that's amazing! I know jogging has been a goal of yours and I'm so happy you have reached it! yay you!!!
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gals!! Everyone seems to be having a pretty good last couple of days. I'm going to be heading out of town today until Monday evening. Going to get some hiking and outdoorsy stuff in. I won't have any phone service so I won't be able to log any of my diary while I'm up there. I hope you all have a fabuous long weekend. Talk to you all in a few days.
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Loving all these NSV!! you guys are doing great!!! I'm not as sore today as yesterday! so that's a plus!!!! I gotta get back to the gym reguarly, but it's been so hard cuz I don't always have my car, my dh's truck is still messed up :(
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Good Morning Gals!! Everyone seems to be having a pretty good last couple of days. I'm going to be heading out of town today until Monday evening. Going to get some hiking and outdoorsy stuff in. I won't have any phone service so I won't be able to log any of my diary while I'm up there. I hope you all have a fabuous long weekend. Talk to you all in a few days.

Have a great weekend! I love hiking, it is such a great workout. We will talk to you on Monday.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Loving all these NSV!! you guys are doing great!!! I'm not as sore today as yesterday! so that's a plus!!!! I gotta get back to the gym reguarly, but it's been so hard cuz I don't always have my car, my dh's truck is still messed up :(

I love the NSV's too! Glad your not as sore today, it makes it hard to keep going sometimes. Bummer about not having your car, this week I have not had a carseat, my Husband left it with my mother-in-law so I have had to walk everywhere but I have been getting in extra calorie burns that way. Have a great day!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

We are starting to San Antonio in another half an hour.. Have been cooking for almost 3 hours, packing things.. We wanted to make sure that we dont eat too much outside... Have packed bags full of fruits and healthy stuffs, however my hubby cannot resist few Indian junk food....

We are planning to have only one dinner outside, otherwise have taken ready to eat things, whcih we can just make it in micro oven..

Have a nice weekend and enjoy!

Catch you all later...
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Had my doctor's appointment today and I'm trying really hard to focus ont he positive.

Good side: She was super proud of me for taking control of my weight. She's been my doc for 12 years so she has watched me steadily gain so it was nice to know she was impressed. Also, very impressed with my dedication and 31lb loss so far. Her suggestion was for me to eat more as she fears I amy not be getting enough nutrients on my 1200 calrie diet. She was very supportive in my efforts for long term ,steady weightloss and maintainence.

Not so good side: "Long term, steady weight loss". I can't deny it - I want to lose weight FAST! THey way my loss has slowed for the last month has really scraed me and she explained all things I already knew but didn't want to belive: that I lost fastin the beginning b/c my body was so unused to healthy decsions, that plateaus are normal, that this is going to be a long, hard journey with no quick, easy solution. I wanted to cry! I want a quick easy solution~!!!!!! :sad:

Anywas, focusing ont he positive. I've lost .7lbs so far this week and that's a step in the right direction. I'm going to take her suggestion and steadly increase my calorie intake a little bit at a time (watching the scale like a hawk) and we'll see how that helps. Slow and steady wins the race and I know that in then end it will be worth the pain and sacrifice. Just right now, All I can think of is how my bikin dreams for next summer have just drowned in a buckey of lard :grumble:

Doesn't change the fact that my goal for this weekend was to eat healthy and workout twice as hard. I figure since I have 3 days off from work, I have no excuse not to burn baby burn!!! :smile:
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Had my doctor's appointment today and I'm trying really hard to focus ont he positive.

Good side: She was super proud of me for taking control of my weight. She's been my doc for 12 years so she has watched me steadily gain so it was nice to know she was impressed. Also, very impressed with my dedication and 31lb loss so far. Her suggestion was for me to eat more as she fears I amy not be getting enough nutrients on my 1200 calrie diet. She was very supportive in my efforts for long term ,steady weightloss and maintainence.

Not so good side: "Long term, steady weight loss". I can't deny it - I want to lose weight FAST! THey way my loss has slowed for the last month has really scraed me and she explained all things I already knew but didn't want to belive: that I lost fastin the beginning b/c my body was so unused to healthy decsions, that plateaus are normal, that this is going to be a long, hard journey with no quick, easy solution. I wanted to cry! I want a quick easy solution~!!!!!! :sad:

Anywas, focusing ont he positive. I've lost .7lbs so far this week and that's a step in the right direction. I'm going to take her suggestion and steadly increase my calorie intake a little bit at a time (watching the scale like a hawk) and we'll see how that helps. Slow and steady wins the race and I know that in then end it will be worth the pain and sacrifice. Just right now, All I can think of is how my bikin dreams for next summer have just drowned in a buckey of lard :grumble:

Doesn't change the fact that my goal for this weekend was to eat healthy and workout twice as hard. I figure since I have 3 days off from work, I have no excuse not to burn baby burn!!! :smile:

I love your attitude today. I want to lose this weight fast too but I know I will in time. The worst is when I start thinking "why didn't I start this when I was 30 lbs lighter than I am now, look were I would be" that tends to get me down so I try not to think that way. When you said "All I can think of is how my bikin dreams for next summer have just drowned in a buckey of lard :grumble: " I couldn't help but laugh, I understand. I love that you are such a funny girl. Have a great weekend.

As for me those stairs kicked my butt today!! Thank you Lynda!
    I was over Calcium too! Yay!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    lol! glad I could make you smile Karie! I tend to use humor to push myself out of a funk and it seems to have done the trick for me today. phew! I'm very excited for 2 reasons:

1) I bought a new workout dvd! Jillian Micheals No More Trouble Zones. I hear it is intense but I really like her style and motivation. Also, having complete the 30DS which is a 27 min workout start to finish, i wanted to get something that had the option of going a bit longer. So this one has 6 - 6minute circuits. So I keep my 530 am workouts to under half an hour but my evening weekend workouts, when time isn't such a factor can be a bit longer.

2) I've decided to do a cleanse. i've thought about it for awhile but have been scared of how... umm... explosive... I've heard they can be. I got some advice from a friend and spoke to the girl at my health store and she recommended a gentle one. I was going to start tomorrow but it's a seven day thing and I have a big 2day meeting with our board of directors mid week so I don;t want to be in a position wherein I am constantly excusing myself to use the ladies room. AWKWARD!! :noway: lol

Anyways, I feel really motivated for the weekend. And I'm super pumped to have 3 days home with my baby. Who incidentally is not such a baby anymore. 13 months old and we had to buy him size 5.5 shoes! His feet are enormous!!

Hope things are going well with you!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

We have reached San Antonio and had 45 mins river walk and a chariot ride which was awesome.. The horse was cute too, clicked few snaps with the horse.. The hotel has stairs and im going to do stair climbing tomorrow morning as it is too late today..lol... On our way back, was telling my hubby abt the walk and i would have burned the cals we had for dinner.. he was like its not abt the cals, its about the scenic beauty he said...hahha... so i have started talking only in terms of calories and exercises and nothing more...

Catch you all tomorrow...
  • babydbones
    Options
    struggling to get back into full workout gear. I know i'm emotional right now due to TOM coming soon (or i think it is) but man i'm just not happy with myself and can't seem to get into the mood to workout again. I know if i go to the gym i will be good, but been hard with the car situation and trying to force myself to do it at home just hasn't been working :( grrrr. i WILL Go to the gym Monday morning! We are having a cookout Monday afternoon so I WILL go!! Hold me to it ladies!!!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    All,

I just typed a whole story and when i clicked on post, it all vanished...lol.. I am exhausted to type once again.. in short, I had a fantastic day at Sea world.. I walked, walked and walked and burned more than 1000 calories in a single day... Yippee.. For the first, my dream of burning more than 1000 cals has come true..heheh

Foodwise, i was ok..not too bad... but couldnt eat much of healthy food..yes will have a healthy dinner...

Catch you all tomorrow...
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Hi girls. My long wknd is off to a crappy start. Last night I fell down our patio stairs (wet from rain) and my left leg twisted around behind me at the most ungodly angle. I was in so much pain, I thought for sure my ankle was broken. Luckily, my mother in law was over for dinner so she stayed with Caleb and Scott took me to the urgent care centre. They saw me quickly and took xrays, no break thank god! But my left ankle and foot is severely twisted. So Im on crutches for a few days. Anyways, this means I will not be able to complete this weeks challenge. Ill still do as much of the arm stuff as I can, although I will have to modify some moves. I hope to back in fighting form within a week, but I understand if my spot needs to be filled. I'll still check in and chat as well as pic what I can for calories but I think its safe to say I will not make my 4000 burn goal this week! Lol!

Luckliy, with it being the long wknd, my hubby is home and taking care of me and my son. My only job is to keep my foot up and wait for the swelling to decrease

All this being said, I'm super worried about the inability to work out. Yes, I can and will do strength training on my arms, but we all know that this doesn't burn as many as calories as a hard workout does. sigh... I'm officially super scared to weigh in on Wednesday. Anyways, I'm going to do my best to make healthy food choices. Super grateful to my hubby for supporting me on this point because as always, my inclination is to eat when I'm upset. But he made a healthy breakfast of whole grain pancakes and is offering to make me a nice lunch now, so I guess I better go.

I'll check in with you all later. Hope everyone else enjoys a fun and injury free weekend!

Lynda
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    oh...am so sorry to hear that... Get well soon..will pray for you... Do not starin too much on your ankle... I know how it feels when u r not exercising, but take it easy on your ankle...

Had a nice walk in the san antonio zoo today.. planning for a river walk in the evening...

Catch you all later...
  • babydbones
    Options
    O no! I hope you feel better asap!
    didn't get a workout in today but was busy and on my feet from 830am till 845pm! i'm pooped!