WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Nancy from TX: Welcome to a great group! :star:

Terri: I love Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. Monte Python at its best! :bigsmile:

Lisa: Enjoy your painting. :bigsmile:

Regarding shopping: I take advantage of Senior Hours in local stores whenever possible. I always wear a mask and gloves, and always bag my own groceries. It seems to be working well enough. :smiley: Our local stores will shop for you and deliver to curbside if you call in advance & ask. We tried it once, but I really like to go in and choose my own selections if possible.

I tried a new vegetable oil for making salad dressing yesterday. We’ve been using canola oil for ages but decided to try avocado oil. It was lovely in flavor and has a better nutrition balance as well. WIN!!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Avocado oil is wonderful! It is also more stable than olive oil when sauteing/cooking with high heat.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Edie said that the quiz that DH set her was great and the "perfect level" . :laugh: It was on gymnastics, which she loves.

No one has worked out my puzzle yet. DH got it straight away the minute I told him. ;) It is a category question.

DH said tonight that he thought nobody could be eating better than us. :D We had veal escalopes, cavalo nero, and tinned (dried) haricots with garlic and olive oil. The veal had a sprinkling of lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and sage from the garden.
    Next is DH'S stewed pears with salted caramel sauce and homemade yogurt.
    Then chocolate. Luckily I have burnt 950 calories today. :p

Then I had a row with DH about where Amazon had left a delivery package. He had put it in the wheely bin because it had been left beside it. Fortunately I looked it up on line saw they had delivered it and got it out of the bin. It is a big pack of oregano.
    I wasn't cross, I just wanted to know where it was. He is super sensitive. Grrrrrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Options
    <3
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Lisa In AR, I too am not fond of surprises, which explains my dislike of the jump cut in suspenseful films. One of the most palpitation-inducing moments of my life was that final scene in “Carrie”, the movie based on the Stephen King book. It also explains why I enjoy suspense and even some horror in books. It doesn’t present the unanticipated image as film does.

Barbara AHMOD! Those were indeed wonderful days. Back then I still believed in the perfectability of mankind, lol. Of course that’s also the era when my coworker and I during slow times would push off in our swivel office chairs from the file cabinets and compete to see who would roll the farthest. I recall the Hof Brau Haus, and I met my second husband at Der Wienerschnitzel. I wore paisley a lot at home, but not bell bottoms. I went for the more discreet minidresses, being of some size even then (170s), but still having great legs.

I don’t recall who mentioned that idealism is for the young and cynicism a province of the old. I still can’t quite think of myself as a cynic. I’m too delusional for that.

Machka, that’s the way my Safeway deliveries work, when I can get a slot. It’s very convenient.

DrKatieBug, including weight loss strategies in the great controversies is so very apt! However, somehow it doesn’t fragment this group as it does my hospital’s Bariatric weight loss group. We’ve all agreed to agree that whatever gets you to your goal and keeps you there is your business and not a topic for discussion unless one hits a dreaded “plateau”! I had one four weeks out from my surgery that lasted three weeks. Just keeping on with what my dietician told me worked best in the long run.

Oh, Rita! Spot on! Dead spot on! Love the pictures of the buildings, by the way!

Heather, if Barbie is our anchor and our rock, which she totally is, then you are our “gossamer wings”!

Barbie! Oh gosh! I winced when I saw the slide, lol! But ain’t it the truth?

Ketone Karen! Somehow the “Promenade” section of “Moussorgski’s (sp?) Pictures At An Exhibition” played inexorably in my mind with the Guinea Pig Gallery. I like Cavies! They always sound cheerful with their whistles the instant they’re aware of your (the food’s!) presence.

Welcome, Nancy! I love this app for the tracking and this group for the insight AND the companionship I feel here. Not to mention the sometimes “awful” (read awe-inspiring!) humor that shows up from time to time.

KJ(Kelly), ”small children and a hungry Miss Kelly”! Oh! The images!

Julie Bananas, I’m glad to hear of your very productive shopping. I had a day like that last Wednesday. I’m still enjoying the bounty.

Hello, LonParTex!

Oh Allie! Owee! I too am of the “grit my teeth! I CAN do this!” school of household activities. Take care, m’dear!

SuziQ, Albertson’s used to have the best pineapple bran muffins. Your ability to swap ingredients at the drop of a hat eludes me. I’ll have to lookup a recipe and hope.

Work is now down to 4 hrs M & F, 5 hrs S. More my speed at 77. I need some walking time badly. And why, oh why are all the Senior times early in the mornings? Some of us ARE night owls, you know!

Sharon Near Seattle
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sharon I miss Albertsons last one near me was bought out by the HEB store chain . They had the best rolls! I also loved their cakes. Anything from their bakery was delicious!

Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,080 Member
    Options
    I too think grocery shopping is hard. I go at six in the morning when it is not so crowded. Another grocery store that is more expensive has a time for seniors first thing in the morning. I don't go to that because it is so crowded. I find it I go 9-10:30 that is a nice store to shop in. I try to keep my trips to a minimum because it is so hard to shop.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Alabaster- So true every area with natural disasters on top of the pandemic is truely the worst.Im surviving a heavy hit area of my state y I survived the 100yr flood of 2002 I would not want both at once! Stay safe.

Grandmallie- ouch hope you heal up fast worst injuries are where you have to use them!

JRs foot still hurts or he enjoying the cuddles time lol. Upping his shoe size if he won’t wear them that’s a sign. Their not long enough when he’s moving. I went ahead bleach/fabuloso/dish liquid mopped the floors extra good y vacuuming it can dry while we cuddle
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I've always been a 50 wpm typer, and that apparently hasn't changed. Took the test: 49 wpm corrected.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Options
    (((((Allie))))) that sounds really painful. As if you don't have enough to worry about!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,650 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

walk 2 Costco n back w/yogi- 44.39min, 111mhr, 2.02mi= 73c
    Apple Watch- 213c
    Zwift bike trainer- 45.12min, 15.7amph, 157mhr, 11.86mi= 488c
    Apple Watch- 510c

total cal 617