WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,602 Member
    edited April 2020
    The credit card company I rang last week has failed on its promise to transfer the Saga excursions credit back to my bank account. :#:#:# They promised me last week. Soooooo I'll have to ring them AGAIN. GRRRRRRRR!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Just ordered loads of tea bags from Amazon. We have enough now for about 5 months. We only drink PG Tips pyramid bags.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    HEATHER I loved the A word saw it when it was on originally. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime courtesy of my daughter. We have a digital box and an Amazon Firestick so we have more choice thank goodness

Kate
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    The banking problem is already fixed. They may have caught without my calling. I do think having the extra info sped up the process. Nice to have that fixed. Tomorrow we get the outside faucet done! :smiley:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did Barry's bootcamp DVD. After I got ¾ of the way thru it, we lost power. It’s just me, but I need someone there telling me what to do and counting. So I’ll probably do this DVD again another day. The plan for tomorrow is to do Patrick Godeaux Metabolic Training DVD.

Took all 6 boxes that I had of papers to be recycled to the recycling center. Since they only pick up once every two weeks, it would take months to get everything into the recycling bin. Then stopped at WalMart to get Vince his milk. Also got some for me to make more yogurt. Then took a Christmas tree skirt that I made about 20 years ago and which has yellowed to the cleaners. If they can get the yellow out – wonderful. Personally, I doubt it. I’ll probably just wind up making another one.

Vince was saying that last night Lexi peed on him. That is so not like her. She’s VERY meticulous. When we got her, she had been severely abused. She had a dislocated hip among other things. Well, they bandaged her up. When we took off the bandage there was all this really sticky stuff. One of the ways she was probably abused was she was kept under water. For the longest time she wouldn’t go near running water (she’s over that now). I thought “oh, how are we ever going to bathe her and get this off?”. We never once had to bath her, she got it all off herself. You should see when she uses the litter box! You’d never know she’d gone, she covers it so much. I’m afraid this might be another sign of her aging. We know that she’s hard of hearing. But she’s happy so that’s what matters.

Have to go to the dentist tomorrow at 11 to have him put the bridge back in, so that means no soup kitchen. Fortunately, it’s not hurting, just more of a PITN. After the dentist will probably stop at Food Lion. I really like their frozen peaches and I’m about out. Last time I was there they had very little frozen fruits. Come to think of it, WalMart didn’t have much either

The other day the WalMart by me was totally out of flour. The WalMart I went to today was also totally out. What’s with flour? Guess a lot of people are baking.

Tina – the last time we went to the condo, I remember I froze the milk just to see how it was. Vince wasn’t real crazy about it, but it worked.

Kylia – wouldn’t surprise me one bit if your MIL was waiting to see her baby. I firmly believe my father waited to pass on until I got there.

Heather – ((HUG)) More PITA about that cruise

As soon as I can figure out how to save a pic of Lexi that Jess forwarded to me, I'l post it here. It breaks my heart, but I feel good knowing that she's happy now

Michele NC
    Who has yogurt being made in the IP now.
  • spikeyhair
    edited April 2020
    HEATHER Have you ever watched Ch 91 lots of historical stuff Watching a prog at the moment about a lost Egyptian city Later on one about the Mayans

Kate
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 967 Member
    edited April 2020
    exermom wrote: »
    Tina – the last time we went to the condo, I remember I froze the milk just to see how it was. Vince wasn’t real crazy about it, but it worked.

It seems to work better with less fat in the milk. It's not as good as not frozen, but it works well enough to avoid a trip to the store JUST for milk.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    Poor baby Lexi....
    Hope she heals fast...
    I'm watching the Waltons... nostalgia is always a welcome thing
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Michelle: Lexie is a VERY cute kitty. I hope she heals quickly. :star:

I ran errands this morning to buy coffee, canned dogfood and cutie oranges. I just spent 30 minutes riding my terra-tryke in the garage. I had a book with me so I was able to read and burn calories all at once. I feel like I had a good work out. :bigsmile:

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,602 Member
    Kate UK - I don't know Ch 91. I'm too mean to pay anything out for internet service on the tv, so we only have freeview. I don't pay for anything except the BBC licence. Plus the main tv can't get any streaming apart from itv, it's too old, and DH doesn't care enough to buy a new one. If I really wanted to I could sit in his study to watch stuff on his Firestick, but he never uses it and I watch nearly everything streamed on my tablet. We have a recorder for most free to air stuff. The gravity programme was excellent. I'm extremely fussy about the voice overs and can't stand most of them. Hate all all that breathy, 'incredible', nonsense. Also hate intrusive music. And too much slomo. I am a 'grumpy old woman' when it comes to tv and radio and spend a lot of time grumbling about stupid presenters, poor grammar, sloppy statistics. gratuitous music etc etc. And yet I do love good tv and I'm a die hard Radio 4 listener.
    I have got quite a few foreign language films reserved on my Amazon Prime, but rarely have time to watch them. I have always preferred to watch films on my own in my own private space, so need to secrete myself away with my tablet. When I lived in London I used to go to midday showings of foreign films on my own. Loved to have a very spicy Curry Laksa before or after. Heaven!
    I think we've seen most of the good stuff two or three times over! Vera etc.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    MICHELE ~ Lexi is a beautiful cat! :)

DH couldn't take his nap this afternoon because the phone kept ringing and now he became one grumpy person. :s But, he finally decided to try to lay down again so hope it improves his outlook.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Poor Lexi she looks miserable. She’s so pretty

Amber Tx
  • spikeyhair
    HEATHER CH91 is freeview its PBS America
    I'm the same with music and voiceovers

Kate
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,805 Member
    ☘️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Michele Poor Lexi! She's a pretty kitty.

Lanette Funny braided doggie. Love it.

Heather is the answer to the math problem 50 x 102 = 5100 ?

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,133 Member
    :)Heather, 50 x 101= 5050
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    Sophie - I sent that to my SIL and brother.. they have a Westie named Buddy I thought I was hysterical