WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    I'd booked the pizza for 6.30, so sent DH off to collect from a block away. He came back with it, and after handwashing before and after, we got it on our plates. I had made a heavenly green salad, lots of garlic. Previously we had had corn on the cob.It was very good. First time we've shared one, but calories dictate. :o
    Then I asked for my identity bus pass back. You should take it to prove it's you. I had prepaid. He couldn't find it. Consternation!!! You have to pay for a replacement. :# Off he went to replace his steps! :o He found it ten yards from the front gate. He must have flipped it out of his pocket when he took his keys out to get back in. Hooray! All is forgiven. :D

We had my new fave with it - Primitivo from Puglia, Italy. Just squeaking in on calories, with 950 exercise calories. I have just enough for a small piece of strong cheddar with the last glass of wine. No stewed fruit or chocolate truffles tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I lack your level of ambition & drive to do more than the day before. I admire you for it. You are amazing. :star:

SuziQ: Flowers and godiva chocolate are lovely gifts from Smokey. He is a thoughtful kitty. :wink:

I spent the morning trying to update my dog’s license. FRUSTRATING! They were not willing for me to come in and do the paper work in person. They required that I mail it in. Their reasoning is that the Corona Virus made it necessary to do everything by mail. I put it in an envelope and mailed it. Done.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Husband wanted to pick out a frozen pizza, so we went out today. Needed to drop off the form to get a yard waste bin set up with the City Hall, buy Athenas card, then buy pizza, and cabbage for my salmon tacos I am having today. I bought some dried smoked salmon because it was only $5. Good on crackers! Husband bought Tillamook chocolate ice cream. Not mine! I bought a Kit Kat Duos bar. It has mint and dark chocolate..💖d
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,116 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Barbie: Agree on the tenets of Atomic Habits. My daily goals tend to focus on the processes I use to maintain progress. I have an overall aim then break down how I can achieve it.
    Heather: 👍🏻 on the refund
    @spikeyhair the flower moon woke me up several nights ago. It was massive.
    Machka: 🥰 new trainers.

I had a much longer post typed out but I lost it and typing on my phone is too fiddly to redo it.

Having a ‘rest’ day as it’s a national holiday in UK. 75th Anniversary of VE Day in 1945. I was born roughly 9 months after VE Day so I think my parents must have had a good celebration. 😂

Love to all 💕💖💕

(((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 to those in extremis

☘️ Terri
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Got Daughter footlockers ordered she doesn’t trust the post office more terrified of being bullied again luckily one of her guy pals will accept it for her in his name again. They have a male minded nickname for her they all have one too. Swear none see her as a girl never have..the lucky guy who belches back says so when do I pick you up for a date will be her husband someday lol. Her nickname your wondering is as crude as theirs F-word then attach boy to it. Theirs are worse. Men are so odd- Daughter a guy lol 😂..no the other girls don’t get the nicknames or belching contests.Only mine ,but they’ll protect her tooth y nail a special guy honor bond thing. When a hurricane hits they grab her y go as a group of guys. One stopped a rapist when she was attacked in the dark on the job. I trust these men with her life on y off the battle field.

Got her an 8 pack of screen protectors think it comes with 2 stylus pens not sure IPhone XS http://www.walmart.com/ip/8-Pack-For-iPhone-XS-SuperGuardZ-Anti-Glare-Matte-Screen-Protector-Anti-Fingerprint-Anti-Scratch-2-Stylus-Pen/837867076

They sold out of the footlockers but got lucky found more same http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-Footlocker-Titanium-Case-of-2/55555840

Found out you use a school 🏫 was padlock on them so got her 1 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Master-Lock-Padlock-1500D-Combination-Dial-1-7-8in-48mm-Wide/21802129

Off brand box of cereal http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Crunchy-Honey-Oats-Cereal-18-oz/189560836

Used up her birthday gift card on it all

Amber Tx

The cereal a great buy ships to home 1-3 boxes can be ordered at once if anyone needs it
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up. Was busy this week. Sitting here now, freezing. Was wondering why I have been so tired last couple of days, then the chills, then the funny bladder feelings and I trotted in and took one of the Azo strip tests and looks like my old friend UTI. Luckily, before shut down, I filled standing prescription I have for them so I have two courses of it here. Started one. If it doesn't knock it out, I may check with doctor, but prefer to try myself.

Found discussions regarding fathers interesting. Mine died when I was 6 months old, so I never knew him. Don't know what it would have been like. No doubt, my life would have been different but that is not to say it would have been better or worse. My husband made peace with his father, although not until after his father committed suicide. He had gone through WWII in a German work camp. He had a life none of us could imagine. For a long time my husband and his siblings focused on all the things their father did wrong. I asked my husband a question a friend asked me years ago when I was bitter about my mother: "Are you sure you would have done any better in her place?" My husband came to realize that his father did the best he could and once he accepted that he could recognize some of the good that was there, forgive him, and let go of the bitterness.

Suzi-love the presents Smokey got you. Not sure what my two cats may get me--but son and dil in AZ sent me box with 4 sirloins and 4 pork chops from Omaha steaks. They are in my freezer so I am set on meat for a while!

Going in to make bed (did get laundry done today), put on pajamas and get some rest. Son and gf coming over tomorrow to grill steaks I got from local butcher shop (son and I have done this last several years to celebrate his bday on May 7 and Mother's Day). Since it is going to be cool tomorrow, will stay at my perch in dining area (which now has my work computer on it) and kick them over to the far end of couch. Will be socially distanced still (he works in a factory) and we can have a nice visit.

And did we really need a Polar Vortex here this year at this time? 2020 just seems to have all sorts of surprises.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did a Cardio Core Dynamic Core DVD. This was quite good. The plan for tomorrow is to do a YRG DVD which I know is yoga.

Amber – I always put my meat into one of those plastic vegetable-type bags even before I put it in my cart. Has JR had a bubble machine?

Tracey – my father was cremated and they had the ashes at the ceremony. Vince couldn’t understand why I needed to bury the ashes ASAP. I told him that I needed to do it for me, I’d like him to attend the service with me but if he didn’t, that’s OK. *I* needed closure. In the end, he did come with me, but to him “they’re just ashes”. I’m so sorry for your friend

M – applesauce. Apple bread/cake. Pork Chops with apples. Remember that as long as you have the room, you can freeze the applesauce

SuziQ – thanks for that link. Looks like they aren’t doing that bad

The gym where I take the extremepump class has posted on facebook that they’re going to open on May 26. I’m thinking that I’ll wait a bit just so they can get the “bugs” worked out. Not quite sure how they’re going to address the issue of a certain number of people in the building at any one time. It just seems to me that they are rushing things and not have thought things out.

Went to the soup kitchen. They had pizza today – didn’t look particularly appetizing with a salad and cookies. If it were up to me, I’d give them 2 desserts. It looks like we have a lot of dessert. But I don’t make the call. They were giving out flower to the ladies and they gave me one. I know our church used to give out a flower to every mother for Mother’s Day, so I’m guessing the flowers were donated by a church. I noticed that they had, must have been 12 cases of Dove candy.

Allie – that’s wonderful that you got something, even if it is only parttime

Karen VA – stupid or not, what a wonderful life your parents had. Happy birthday to Mabel

Evelyn – I usually have over 100oz of water a day, so I know that’s not the problem with my hard poops. It’s that I love fruits and veges so much. Also, other high fiber foods like popcorn (unbuttered) and the chocolate bran muffins

Anne DE – I can so relate to weight during this time. I find that I have to try so so hard not to overindulge

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,116 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

new personal best riding to work!

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 53.36min, 154mhr, 18.8amph, 13.22mi= 526c
    apple watch- 528c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.37min, 147mhr, 9.07min mi, .50mi= 56c
    apple watch- 62c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.18min, 9.33min mi, 149mhr, .45mi= 72c
    apple watch- 93c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 15.52min, 9.7amph, 149mhr, 2.57mi= 167c
    apple watch- 153c

total cal 654
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Michele - We has an open casket for the viewings and it was closed right before the funeral. When the service was over instead of going to the gravesite the funeral director took the casket outside and around to a side door. He was then take to be cremated. When we got the ashes back a few days later we planned a graveside service and his urn was buried. We ended up getting a wooden urn because it reminded my SIL and I of the jewelry boxes he had made for us. We buried him as there were already plots purchased when my parents lost a baby at birth. She was buried to be at their feet. I understand your need to do it right away. My Brother was adamant that I didn’t have to come back to Alberta without Dad being properly buried

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele- I should get him a bubble machine..instead my asthmatic self blows it huffing y pudding with him wanting more lol.

I should have gotten a bag before I started like you do. I walked down then over 10 isles long before noticing! I’m sure they were upset over it but the old ma wouldn’t show me that. He was so sweet tried to down play it. 70+ yrs old sure it wasn’t easy to clean it up for him he wouldn’t let me help. I didn’t think of that. Half the issue is they put the meat in semi cool freezers so it’s melted y bloody watery instead of frozen! Walmart started doing that awhile back I hate it (a truck to save money 💴 but instead ruins meat faster).

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif

:) This week I am listening to " Stillness is the Key" by Ryan Holliday--the title says it all

<3 Barbie from NW WA