WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    A few of my recent photos. More here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

12htfh3e0v3o.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Lisa - It happened like that in 2007, which is a looooong time ago. I did have some intestinal discomfort while I was running, but I was completely unaware of what happened. I'm hoping it was a one off. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Heather love the cake!

SuzieQ looking great!

M Love the raccoon picture. We have them around here. They come out at night.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I've got my Saga excursion money back into my savings from the credit card company at last. It only took three long waits on the phone. >:)
    Plus the claim form for my easyjet flight was relatively easy to find once they had definitely cancelled next week's flights to Glasgow. I had to keep going through page after page of options for vouchers. :p They say it may take 28 days or more. More, I expect.
    Now all we've got to decide is what to do about DH'S 75th birthday river cruise in October. We have only paid a deposit, but the balance is due at the end of July. Of course, they may cancel. ;):*:| It is to the Douro river in Portugal. Involves a flight, of course. We might be able to take a deferral on the deposit, or just put it down to experience. It's not a huge amount of money.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Margaret > love pictures and handsome son :)

Heather UK > That meal sounds delicious :) and fantastic job working off all those calories!!! Go you!

Katla > What type of books are you interested in? Have you ever read Lesley Pearse? She is now my favourite Author.. amazing writer she is. The book "Never look back" was the best book I ever read. Used to be more into Dean R Koontz and Anne Rice but this author is amazing :)

Beth > Hello, it is nice to meet you :) Can I ask why you fast?

Michele NC > Thank you very much for your comment and i am glad it was not a downer :)
    I think they are going to start to drip feed opening a few things next week here in the UK

Drkatie > Looks great, I have seen people making the masks on facebook with the socks. There were many failed attempts :)

Barbara > your Mama and Papa sound like wonderful people :)

Suzi > You look fantastic!! So pretty x Congratulations on your weightloss and also kicking covid in the *kitten*.. I am doing the same thing :)

Loving all the pictures ladies :) It is a nice day today and although I don't go out a lot it is nice to be able to open all the windows x

Feeling kind of bloated today.. ever since i have started counting my calories I continue to get constipated ( I know TMI ) lol but I eat fruit and veg and everything but it does not work very well. My girlfriend thinks I am not eating enough to have any waste.. I have taken senekot (SP) and it works after awhile but then it just starts again.. annoying but guess I have to deal with it.

Have just ordered a whole bunch of sistema brilliance food storage containers. They are quite expensive but they work very well and are leak-proof/air-proof. Looks so much neater in the fridge as well as they are clear so you see the colourful fruits etc.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day xx

Tonya x

Randie kisses :)

b7qiviqwwg0s.jpg
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Morning. Checking in for the second day in a row :). I walked 4 miles yesterday and drank a lot more water and finally lost some of the water weight I've been carrying around, down 4 pounds this morning so I have a more realistic look at how much I've gained during this time - 6 pounds instead of 10! That's much more manageable and not nearly as difficult to lose. I did better eating yesterday and didn't eat any of my exercise calories. It was hard to ignore the hunger pains, but I managed.

I've had 3 vein ablations and am due for a 4th next Friday, the third on the left leg. I've been wearing my compression stockings when I walk, but that leg is hurting quite a bit again this morning. What concerns me is now that leg it hurting above my knee, not just below. I'm going to walk today, but I think instead of my normal 4 miles I'll only go 2 or 3.

Other plans today are to work on the quilt I'm making that I've not worked on this week. I need to have 272 2 1/2" squares done by next Monday so I need to get in there and work on them and not work on updating my Ancestry.com family tree today.

It's hot here - high is predicted to be 104 today, so I need to get hustling and get walking soon, but I had a late night phone call and slept in a bit this morning.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Suzi Q ~ You look great and I really like your dark hair!

Heather ~ I think Max looks like his father! The cake looks delicious.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have 2 more assignments, due May 18-ish. Both papers.

1 is a Quantitative Analysis.
    1 is about Misinformation as it Pertains to Digital Media in a COVID-19 environment.

I've only just started them.

In other news ...

This is a butternut pumpkin ... one of our butternut pumpkins ... and this photo was taken in mid-March. It was harvested a few days ago, and we had half of it today. It was excellent ... really nice flavour! We have a few more which are about ready to be harvested.

v41uyep9b5u1.png

And regarding weight ... I'm maintaining.

I lost a little in the first couple weeks (stress), but now I'm more or less staying the same ... up 1 kg, same, same, same, down 1 kg, same, same same ... etc.

I'm eating almost the same as I was before shutdown and trying to exercise almost as much although that has, surprisingly, been slightly more difficult because I feel a tiny bit guilty going off and exercising in the middle of the day. So I'm attempting to do a full hour later in the day.

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊😊🙂
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well here I am hanging with my 2 pups..
    Watching Little House
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: The sun is shining here as I read the morning posts-and it is shining right in my eyes. I’ve resorted to closing the curtains. It is a waste of a pretty morning, but in a little while the sun will rise high enough to ease my peripheral vision woes. :ohwell: So sorry about your rough morning and tummy gollywobbles. I hope you’re feeling better by now. :flowerforyou:

Viv: Our dog is an old boy who doesn’t dig, but puppies love digging. :star:

Barbara: I’m planning to plant green beans in the next few days. I don’t have garden space for more veggies, but I have blueberries and some herbs. Parsley does well for me in pots. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Love the racoon! :smiley:

SuziQ: You look fabulous!!! :bigsmile:

Tere in RVA: Good to see you posting again!!! I like your gratitudes—no virus so far, full freezer, and TP. :star:

BeUncommon/Tonya x: I like to read romances. I’m addicted to happily ever after. I like contemporary westerns, werewolf comedies, and vampire romance stories that fit the basic Happily Ever After. :wink: I’ve also read every time travel book by Diana Gabaldon. Most of them are on my bookshelf. :bigsmile:

Carol in GA: I agree with your comment about Heather’s grandson, Max, looking like his father. :smiley:

AZ Teri: Love the photos!!! :star:

Rita: Congrats on hearing from your best friend from High School. What a treat! I looked mine up before our 50th HS reunion. She didn’t want to go. We met for dinner once after the reunion was over with but haven’t been in touch since then. :ohwell:

The dog and I both have upcoming visits with our doctors. The dog is lucky—it is no big deal. I have to have a colonoscopy. YUK!!!!! Been there, done that, and it wasn’t any fun at all. That was several years ago. I am over due and my primary care doctor insists I need it. I respect her and will follow her advice. :ohwell: :grumble:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Traci Long Step Forward. I’m not going to keep this one. I don’t think she’s a step instructor because at times it seemed she was reading from a cue card. She’d say “left” and mean “right”. At other times she didn’t. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cardio Core Dynamic Core DVD.

Amber – what a wonderful thing that teacher is doing. Thanks for sharing.

Vince has a MD appointment so I might go to Aldi while he’s gone. I know he wants to cut the grass today.

Heather – it concerns me greatly that you didn’t know it was happening. Be careful exercising. I know whenever I exercise on the treadmill, I usually have to go to the bathroom (BM) soon after I start. I think it’s because the pounding pushes the “stuff” down. But I can tell when I need to go, go, and then no problem. I don’t like that you didn’t know it was happening. Maybe the running caused the “stuff” to be pushed down? Yea for you getting your money back

SuziQ – lookin good lady, lookin good

Tonya – Heather’s dishes ALWAYS sound amazing. Vince thinks my poops are as hard as they are because I don’t have enough fat in my diet. Well, I love fruits and veges and they have high fiber content

Went to Aldi early this morning. Thought I remembered they had the meat I wanted but they don’t carry it so went to WalMart to see if they do. They don’t, either, so I just got another piece of meat for Vince. I don’t think Food Lion carries it and I don’t want to go all the way to Publix or Lowes Foods only to find out that they don’t carry it. I do find that I’m really keeping to the one-way walking down the aisles, tho. Maybe it has to do with the fact that deep down inside I know that if I go down one aisle in order to get to the one I want, I’m burning (yes, only a little) more calories.

The MD just talked to Vince about his going to the hosp., nothing real serious. I suspect the MD just wanted to see him to make sure everything’s OK

Ordered a birthday card for Denise from Hallmark mainly because I had a $4 off coupon. The card cost $3.99 so I got it for free. Plus, they ship it for free. I’m sure this isn’t what they’re wanting people to do with the coupons, but I do anyway.

Made some stuffed clams for me since I’m the only one who’ll eat them. The only way I can get sliced strawberries is to get this big bag so I got one and divided them up, put them in the freezer. Also put the grapes I had in a big bag in the freezer into a smaller bag. Noticed that the prices at WalMart are getting cheaper or competitive with Aldi. Only sometimes Aldi has something in stock that WalMart doesn’t. I think Aldi is raising the prices on things and sending the stores only the more expensive things (like the applesauce). Also had to buy gas

Question for you ladies : how do you clean the skin on a kiwi?

Michele NC