What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Mark_C81
    Mark_C81 Posts: 138 Member
    Golf
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Rocketed through an upper body workout. Once again, I was humbled by short rest periods. I never thought I would ever be able to take abs to failure but omg
  • Mark_C81
    Mark_C81 Posts: 138 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    Rocketed through an upper body workout. Once again, I was humbled by short rest periods. I never thought I would ever be able to take abs to failure but omg

I lovw workouts like that
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Videos on amazon prime and youtube! Zumba zumba!
  • gjw5000
    gjw5000 Posts: 86 Member
    Gym rings and abs workout this morning and 45 yoga this afternoon, to stretch out. New to yoga, but loving it.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Was going to try to do 15K fairly hard this morning. Got 1K in and my wife is out there (she never does this) and she's talking to me as I'm just getting in rhythm on the rower.

Turns out my cat was eating her houseplant (not toxic) and decided to throw up about a seven foot stream as she chased him off her new area rug. Since it's Mother's Day, I didn't complain about getting up off the rower and cleaning it up for her! But this was the first thing that went wrong.

Then, I realized 5K in, I needed a fan. Got up, got a small fan on me because it was getting really hot early. Then was going to do two more 5Ks moderately hard. Did another one and then got 1500 through the last one and aborted. No HRM, but was mostly around 170 to 173 or so HR, so a nice HR workout, fairly hard.

Ended up with 12K with two hard 5Ks and another 1.5K moderately hard and another 1K that I aborted, so around 12.5K in less than an hour.

Still waiting to get a strong misting fan. That will make these harder workouts more doable.

Pace today was roughly 2:17.7 for each 5K, so that was 10 seconds faster than my SS (easy) hour sessions. Slowly getting back into form.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    13.1 miles!!!!! And lots of stretching.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Attempted rucking for the first time. 40 mins w 15lb. Not bad. Will run later.

Gurrrl, you did it the smart way: a shorter walk with a heavier weight.

On a whim, I did a 7.5 km ruck with 12lbs. In a life lived with no regrets, this was really close to being the first one. The last 1.5km was overly harsh.

Future MFPers, if you - like me - are looking up "rucking" after having almost blown your back out, then try some stretches involving hinge movements or yoga focusing on lower body movements. You'll feel better, I promise lol
  • alexmose
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Attempted rucking for the first time. 40 mins w 15lb. Not bad. Will run later.

Gurrrl, you did it the smart way: a shorter walk with a heavier weight.

On a whim, I did a 7.5 km ruck with 12lbs. In a life lived with no regrets, this was really close to being the first one. The last 1.5km was overly harsh.

Future MFPers, if you - like me - are looking up "rucking" after having almost blown your back out, then try some stretches involving hinge movements or yoga focusing on lower body movements. You'll feel better, I promise lol

I’ll let you in on a secret: I have a tiny bladder and can probably go max 1 hour without needing the bathroom. So I stayed close to my apartment ;) I would usually pee in the woods or something but this good weather is bringing out the best in people who want to get out and exercise. Curse you, sunny days!!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    SUN 5/10:

33 chin ups, 100 push ups (both in sets to failure)
    35 min spin bike (vigorous)
  • alexmose
    SUN 5/10:

33 chin ups, 100 push ups (both in sets to failure)
    35 min spin bike (vigorous)

I set up my pull up bar this week and I WILL get better at chin-ups so I can post accomplishments like this haha
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited May 2020
    Today's exercise was:
    Morning
    1 hours yoga.

Afternoon
    Hangboarding in the afternoon:
    Dynamic stretches; jump rope and band stuff as generic warm ups.
    Scapular activations, pull ups and easy hangs as more specific warm ups.
    Repeaters with various grips and rung sizes.
    Weighted hangs - + 12.5 kgs was my best, which was slightly disappointing. I got loads of repeaters with +10kgs, though.
    Finger curls.
    Kettle bells (15 goblet squats with the 32 kgs, 100 swings with the 28 kgs.)
    Yoga to warm down

Evening
    90 minutes walk. I mis-calculated, and was in shorts and sandals in the freezing cold. So I got a bit of wriggle on to stay warmer.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Walking jogging walking ... more walking.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Nothing yesterday. Some time yesterday I suddenly got a huge urge for a huge pile of crisps and similar things. Knowing myself I decided to go out and buy a 100gr pack of crisps and be happy. Turned out all 100gr packs of crisps were sold out, as were all 150gr. So I ended up with 220gr, and once that was done kept on eating. *sigh* Oh well... while I'm not dieting I knew I was overdoing sport and being active a bit, thus thus made sense. Decided not to workout yesterday and also keep today fairly quiet. Just walk a few steps every hour, and maaaaybe a bit of stretching tonight. Not a good weather to go out and run anyway. Thus a few quiet days are probably exactly what I need.
  • gjw5000
    gjw5000 Posts: 86 Member
    zea84gcrzb2r.jpg

Dumbell and abs workout, with a stretch out later this evening.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did an hour row this morning again. Did a decent job of keeping the HR down under 150 the whole time while staying fairly consistent on SR (stroke rate) and speed. Just what you want on a SS (steady state) session.

Didn't feel great this morning (self inflicted). I'm likely celiac and ate a "gluten free" pizza from a pizza place. Even if it's gluten free in a pizza joint, there's likely cross contamination. If I get fully glutened, I feel like I got ran over by a truck the next day. This felt more like a minibus had run over me, so not too terrible, but certainly felt bad to start the day.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Just another 3 mile run ;)
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Circuit: 60 sec on, 15 rest / switch
    Repeated each group 4 times; added weight as appropriate.
    Group 1:
    Forearm plank, rowers, step up (left), step up (right), hang from the bar, hip thrust (couch=bench), jumping jacks / rotating jumping jacks.
    Group 2:
    Push up, supine bridge, squat, deadlift, hang from bar and knee raises, bent over row, up & out jacks 30 sec / lunge jacks 30 sec.
    20 + minutes of stretching after ( so I can use my legs tomorrow.)
  • alexmose
    Lots of walking today, perhaps a run later!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    45 minute run (3.7 miles). The new route I found has a massive hill in the middle, my newest goal is to be able to run all the way up!