May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 13.6 miles with a couple of friends in a nearby city (Johnson City) for a change of scenery. I walked outside at 6 am this morning and couldn’t resist getting out in the beautiful weather so I ran 4.6 miles. Part of it included doing a couple of errands for my mom. I delivered a bag of seed beans to my neighbor about a half mile from me (left them hanging in a bag on her mailbox) and then some genealogy papers to my dad’s cousin about a mile further down the road (left them in an envelope in the paper box). Heading out for a bike ride after lunch. Hope everyone has a great Sunday (or Monday for some)!

@PastorVincent - cute baby!
    @quilteryoyo - I read your post yesterday about Brooks and was surprised they were open on a Saturday- guess not! Hope your order goes through today.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    5/1 – 3
    5/2 – 3
    5/3 – 3
    5/4 – 3
    5/5 – 0
    5/6 – 2
    5/7 – 4
    5/8 – 4
    5/9 – 3
    5/10 – 10K Mother’s Day virtual
    5/11 - 2
    5/12 – 3
    5/13 – 2
    5/14 – 5
    5/15 – 4
    5/16 – 5
    5/17 - 5

57 of 50 miles

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June - Sept
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    01/05 1.54 miles
    05/05 2.35 miles
    06/05 2.51 miles
    07/05 1.52 miles
    13/05 2.51 miles
    16/05 2.65 miles
    17/05 2.12 miles

url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wOsvmJW/]
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @noblsheep What is AQ?

@Teresa502 Did you do the Tweetsie Trail? I thought I heard they opened it back up. I'd like to run that someday.

@katharmonic Yeah for getting in over 10 miles!

@_nikkiwolf_ Cute youtube song. Thanks for sharing. Great running for the week. Good luck with editing your running logs.

@bearly63 Happy Birthday!!!!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @bearly63!

@quilteryoyo I hope it doesn't take too long to get your shoes!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    May Goal: 100 Miles

5/3: 11.07 miles
    5/5: 6.25 miles
    5/6: 5.71 miles
    5/7: 5.16 miles
    5/10: 13.2 miles
    5/12: 5.35 miles
    5/13: 6.40 miles
    5/14: 5.31 miles
    5/17: 10.02 miles

68.47/100 miles completed for May

504.63/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I had a great 10 mile run this morning. It was hot, 64°F at the start and 73°F at the end, but pretty typical for May in Texas. I could have gotten up earlier, but it would have just been around 60-62°F at the start and 64° at the end, so the extra sleep was worth it.  It was still a really pretty day. And even though the last mile was tough,  sometimes hot and sweaty is good. I was glad I ran my virtual half last weekend though. It was cooler and not as humid and was just perfect running weather.
    Today's run was the "Dreams Un-Canceled" 15K. I was really just planning to run 9.4 miles, but I don't do math well while running and when I got home I was at 9.89 and I  couldn't stop there so I went a little past my house to get to 10 miles and it made me think of @Mobycarp

Not only did I get the 15K bib for the Un-Canceled project,  but I got the individual 500 Mile bib for Run the Year and @Tramboman and I got the 1000 Mile bib for our Run the Year team. 

@Tramboman I also think of lots of good things to write about during my runs, but when I get ready to write up my report all those good things have vanished and my reports are pretty dull.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

Mine are infinitely more dull than yours!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, @bearly63 !!!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Teresa502 Did you do the Tweetsie Trail? I thought I heard they opened it back up. I'd like to run that someday.
    I’ve run on the Tweetsie a few times but yesterday we ran the “tree” streets (a residential area with mostly well maintained older homes - a couple of the streets we ran were Locust and Pine.). We ran on the ETSU campus, around the soccer fields and then on the VA hospital grounds. I think the last time I ran on the Tweetsie was when I met @workaholic_nurse (Jeremy) when he was visiting his parents. Remember him? He has not been around in a while. Hope he is still running. If you ever want company on the Tweetsie let me know and we can meet up!

Glad you got some shoes ordered even if they aren’t the bargain ones. They never seem to have my size when they are on clearance. After yesterday’s run we stopped by the Fleet Feet store and one of my friends got fitted for new shoes. They have a cool machine that you stand on and it analyzes your foot. She normally wears Brooks but bought a pair of New Balance yesterday. I hope they serve her well!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ thanks!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great @hanlonsk .

Thanks @Teresa502 . I'll keep that in mind when I decided to run the Tweetsie. I'd love to meet up for a run. I do remember @workaholic_nurse. I hope he is okay. You never know why people disappear off of the the internet. My dad goes to the VA there. It is a beautiful campus. Sounds like a pretty run. I wasn't sure if Fleet Feet was open or not. I really need to get fitted and see what they think is best.