Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Coronavirus prep

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunnerT1DCarnivoreRunner Member Posts: 10,799 Member Member Posts: 10,799 Member
    Haven't heard any whining here about that either nonymouse

But I did see TV footage some weeks ago of a person in self isolation in a country town in Victoria, I think, who then went out to her mechanics and then somewhere else and people reported to police.

the other peoples wouldn't of known her test results but they knew she had returned from overseas ( this was before overseas returnees had to do motel supervised quarantine)

Was she apologetic and repentant??

No she was just angry her neighbours had dobbed her in. :o:*:|:s

Reminds me of a guy in Mar., I believe, who had symptoms, had been tested, and was waiting for his results. Meanwhile, he flew from NY to FL. Turned his phone on when landing and saw his test results were positive. So that plane sat on the runway for awhile before anyone could disembark safely. I am not sure what happened to him besides that JetBlue banned him.
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Member Posts: 5,908 Member Member Posts: 5,908 Member
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Haven't heard any whining here about that either nonymouse

But I did see TV footage some weeks ago of a person in self isolation in a country town in Victoria, I think, who then went out to her mechanics and then somewhere else and people reported to police.

the other peoples wouldn't of known her test results but they knew she had returned from overseas ( this was before overseas returnees had to do motel supervised quarantine)

Was she apologetic and repentant??

No she was just angry her neighbours had dobbed her in. :o:*:|:s

What a selfish woman. Hope she got a big fine for that.

$1000.

Was from Redhead in Lake Macquarie District in NSW - not Victoria.

sorry, Victorians - when I checked on google it was not in fact a Victorian town.

• Nony_MouseNony_Mouse Member Posts: 5,355 Member Member Posts: 5,355 Member
    Yep, the whole point of masks is to prevent you from infecting others, because like many viruses, you're contagious before you're symptomatic. Viruses are clever like that ;)

@paperpudding I knew Redhead was in NSW! Only because this redhead insisted on taking a photo of the sign whilst driving past on a trip to Aus several years ago :lol:

530033_10151053421414123_406693784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=RSasxrk3GxEAX-NsT6k&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl4-1.fna&oh=2aa5a4291e4bee1523eb222d28deaadf&oe=5EED0BD3&dl=1
  • mockchocmockchoc Member Posts: 6,370 Member Member Posts: 6,370 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Yep, the whole point of masks is to prevent you from infecting others, because like many viruses, you're contagious before you're symptomatic. Viruses are clever like that ;)

@paperpudding I knew Redhead was in NSW! Only because this redhead insisted on taking a photo of the sign whilst driving past on a trip to Aus several years ago :lol:

530033_10151053421414123_406693784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=RSasxrk3GxEAX-NsT6k&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl4-1.fna&oh=2aa5a4291e4bee1523eb222d28deaadf&oe=5EED0BD3&dl=1

I use to go sunbathing there as a teenager and lived right next to Lake Macquarie before moving north. I miss my lake so much.
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Member Posts: 5,908 Member Member Posts: 5,908 Member
    It's a cool name, isnt it.

Would love my husband, who is a redhead, to have a photo with that sign.

If you do go there paperpudding also go to Caves Beach. It's fantastic! You can go in the caves right on the beach when the tides are right. Not too far from Redhead.
  • moonangel12moonangel12 Member, Premium Posts: 732 Member Member, Premium Posts: 732 Member
    Oh my... people are losing their minds...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/kentucky-gas-station-owner-who-posted-sign-banning-masks-says-purpose-was-say-government-cant-1505498?amp=1

The original article that hubby pulled up this afternoon didn’t have his commentary toward the end of the article, it was pretty B&W as written.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/kentucky-gas-station-owner-who-posted-sign-banning-masks-says-purpose-was-say-government-cant-1505498?amp=1

The original article that hubby pulled up this afternoon didn’t have his commentary toward the end of the article, it was pretty B&W as written.

Far out. Too many dumb people in the world. Guess the virus might fix that so ..

If you do go there paperpudding also go to Caves Beach. It's fantastic! You can go in the caves right on the beach when the tides are right. Not too far from Redhead.

Thank you.

Will keep that in mind for future travelling.

As you know, SA borders are currently closed - I don't think NSW ones are, so I could go there. But would have to self isolate for 14 days on my return home - so not at the moment ;)

Thank you.

Will keep that in mind for future travelling.

As you know, SA borders are currently closed - I don't think NSW ones are, so I could go there. But would have to self isolate for 14 days on my return home - so not at the moment ;)

All our family is in NSW. We planned a one month trip down the coast. Not going to happen for now. It's sad.
  • GaleHawkinsGaleHawkins Member Posts: 7,887 Member Member Posts: 7,887 Member

@moonangel12 thanks for the link because the full story does not indicate anyone is losing their mind but we know mental health decline is a concerning side effect of this 2020 Pandemic. I wear a mask when at risk of being within 6 foot of people out in the public out of respect for others and myself. The CDC has confused the public with their Wear a Mask, Don't Wear a Mask, Do Wear a Mask suggestions over the last several months. KY has no law on the books to wear a mask when near others is factual but why not for the mental health for others plus it is common sense a person does not appreciate being coughed on ever.

"We would like to clarify the statement behind our sign, we posted on the front door of our store. First of all, we would never deny any customer access inside our store, that is wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. We are not telling you to not wear a mask, what we are saying is, its your choice to wear one or not, not our governments choice for us. While some got the meaning behind it, alot did not. We didnt mean to offend anyone, but we will not apologize for our beliefs in our freedom to make our own decisions, that our government wants to make for us. We strive to keep our customers safe, and our employees."

One coronavirus prep item I over looked was trickle chargers for the parked vehicles with internal combustion engines now that we use the EV for 99% of travel needs since ICE vehicles require going to the gas station and is not helpful for those with COPD.