Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Coronavirus prep

Replies

• TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 8,813 Member Member Posts: 8,813 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/open-america/contact-tracing.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/php/principles-contact-tracing-booklet.pdf

https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/sante/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?archtype=specific&newsletter_service_id=327&newsletter_issue_id=22243&page=1&fullDate=Wed 13 May 2020&lang=default

The guidelines will be complemented by interoperability specifications for cross-border transmission chains between approved apps. This will be supported by structured discussions between Member States through the eHealth Network. The work of Member States to develop and validate the apps will be supported by the New Generation Internet and m-health communities.

What did you just say!!! Amazing how complicated life can get.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 3,770 Member Member Posts: 3,770 Member
    I went to a local chain grocery store early this morning. They had so many masks, so much hand sanitizer, and lots of gloves.
    I hope some of it is on consignment (it looks like it might be). What will they do with all those masks when this is over or slows down? Someone will lose their investment, for sure.
  • mockchocmockchoc Member Posts: 6,326 Member Member Posts: 6,326 Member
    Haven't heard any whining here about that either nonymouse

But I did see TV footage some weeks ago of a person in self isolation in a country town in Victoria, I think, who then went out to her mechanics and then somewhere else and people reported to police.

the other peoples wouldn't of known her test results but they knew she had returned from overseas ( this was before overseas returnees had to do motel supervised quarantine)

Was she apologetic and repentant??

No she was just angry her neighbours had dobbed her in. :o:*:|:s

What a selfish woman. Hope she got a big fine for that.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunnerT1DCarnivoreRunner Member Posts: 10,655 Member Member Posts: 10,655 Member

But I did see TV footage some weeks ago of a person in self isolation in a country town in Victoria, I think, who then went out to her mechanics and then somewhere else and people reported to police.

the other peoples wouldn't of known her test results but they knew she had returned from overseas ( this was before overseas returnees had to do motel supervised quarantine)

Reminds me of a guy in Mar., I believe, who had symptoms, had been tested, and was waiting for his results. Meanwhile, he flew from NY to FL. Turned his phone on when landing and saw his test results were positive. So that plane sat on the runway for awhile before anyone could disembark safely. I am not sure what happened to him besides that JetBlue banned him.
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Member Posts: 5,830 Member Member Posts: 5,830 Member
    mockchoc wrote: »

What a selfish woman. Hope she got a big fine for that.

$1000.

Was from Redhead in Lake Macquarie District in NSW - not Victoria.

sorry, Victorians - when I checked on google it was not in fact a Victorian town.

• Nony_MouseNony_Mouse Member Posts: 5,355 Member Member Posts: 5,355 Member
    Yep, the whole point of masks is to prevent you from infecting others, because like many viruses, you're contagious before you're symptomatic. Viruses are clever like that ;)

@paperpudding I knew Redhead was in NSW! Only because this redhead insisted on taking a photo of the sign whilst driving past on a trip to Aus several years ago :lol:

530033_10151053421414123_406693784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=RSasxrk3GxEAX-NsT6k&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl4-1.fna&oh=2aa5a4291e4bee1523eb222d28deaadf&oe=5EED0BD3&dl=1
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Yep, the whole point of masks is to prevent you from infecting others, because like many viruses, you're contagious before you're symptomatic. Viruses are clever like that ;)

@paperpudding I knew Redhead was in NSW! Only because this redhead insisted on taking a photo of the sign whilst driving past on a trip to Aus several years ago :lol:

530033_10151053421414123_406693784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=RSasxrk3GxEAX-NsT6k&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl4-1.fna&oh=2aa5a4291e4bee1523eb222d28deaadf&oe=5EED0BD3&dl=1

I use to go sunbathing there as a teenager and lived right next to Lake Macquarie before moving north. I miss my lake so much.
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Member Posts: 5,830 Member Member Posts: 5,830 Member
    It's a cool name, isnt it.

Would love my husband, who is a redhead, to have a photo with that sign.
    It's a cool name, isnt it.

Would love my husband, who is a redhead, to have a photo with that sign.

If you do go there paperpudding also go to Caves Beach. It's fantastic! You can go in the caves right on the beach when the tides are right. Not too far from Redhead.
  • moonangel12moonangel12 Member, Premium Posts: 651 Member Member, Premium Posts: 651 Member
    Oh my... people are losing their minds...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/kentucky-gas-station-owner-who-posted-sign-banning-masks-says-purpose-was-say-government-cant-1505498?amp=1

The original article that hubby pulled up this afternoon didn’t have his commentary toward the end of the article, it was pretty B&W as written.