Coronavirus prep

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Yep, the whole point of masks is to prevent you from infecting others, because like many viruses, you're contagious before you're symptomatic. Viruses are clever like that ;)

@paperpudding I knew Redhead was in NSW! Only because this redhead insisted on taking a photo of the sign whilst driving past on a trip to Aus several years ago :lol:

530033_10151053421414123_406693784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=RSasxrk3GxEAX-NsT6k&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl4-1.fna&oh=2aa5a4291e4bee1523eb222d28deaadf&oe=5EED0BD3&dl=1
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Yep, the whole point of masks is to prevent you from infecting others, because like many viruses, you're contagious before you're symptomatic. Viruses are clever like that ;)

@paperpudding I knew Redhead was in NSW! Only because this redhead insisted on taking a photo of the sign whilst driving past on a trip to Aus several years ago :lol:

530033_10151053421414123_406693784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=RSasxrk3GxEAX-NsT6k&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl4-1.fna&oh=2aa5a4291e4bee1523eb222d28deaadf&oe=5EED0BD3&dl=1

I use to go sunbathing there as a teenager and lived right next to Lake Macquarie before moving north. I miss my lake so much.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    It's a cool name, isnt it.

Would love my husband, who is a redhead, to have a photo with that sign.
  • mockchoc

If you do go there paperpudding also go to Caves Beach. It's fantastic! You can go in the caves right on the beach when the tides are right. Not too far from Redhead.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Oh my... people are losing their minds...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/kentucky-gas-station-owner-who-posted-sign-banning-masks-says-purpose-was-say-government-cant-1505498?amp=1

The original article that hubby pulled up this afternoon didn’t have his commentary toward the end of the article, it was pretty B&W as written.
  • mockchoc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/kentucky-gas-station-owner-who-posted-sign-banning-masks-says-purpose-was-say-government-cant-1505498?amp=1

The original article that hubby pulled up this afternoon didn’t have his commentary toward the end of the article, it was pretty B&W as written.

Far out. Too many dumb people in the world. Guess the virus might fix that so ..
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    mockchoc wrote: »

If you do go there paperpudding also go to Caves Beach. It's fantastic! You can go in the caves right on the beach when the tides are right. Not too far from Redhead.

Thank you.

Will keep that in mind for future travelling.

As you know, SA borders are currently closed - I don't think NSW ones are, so I could go there. But would have to self isolate for 14 days on my return home - so not at the moment ;)

• mockchoc
    mockchoc wrote: »

Thank you.

Will keep that in mind for future travelling.

As you know, SA borders are currently closed - I don't think NSW ones are, so I could go there. But would have to self isolate for 14 days on my return home - so not at the moment ;)

All our family is in NSW. We planned a one month trip down the coast. Not going to happen for now. It's sad.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member

@moonangel12 thanks for the link because the full story does not indicate anyone is losing their mind but we know mental health decline is a concerning side effect of this 2020 Pandemic. I wear a mask when at risk of being within 6 foot of people out in the public out of respect for others and myself. The CDC has confused the public with their Wear a Mask, Don't Wear a Mask, Do Wear a Mask suggestions over the last several months. KY has no law on the books to wear a mask when near others is factual but why not for the mental health for others plus it is common sense a person does not appreciate being coughed on ever.

"We would like to clarify the statement behind our sign, we posted on the front door of our store. First of all, we would never deny any customer access inside our store, that is wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. We are not telling you to not wear a mask, what we are saying is, its your choice to wear one or not, not our governments choice for us. While some got the meaning behind it, alot did not. We didnt mean to offend anyone, but we will not apologize for our beliefs in our freedom to make our own decisions, that our government wants to make for us. We strive to keep our customers safe, and our employees."

One coronavirus prep item I over looked was trickle chargers for the parked vehicles with internal combustion engines now that we use the EV for 99% of travel needs since ICE vehicles require going to the gas station and is not helpful for those with COPD.

• fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    @GaleHawkins, thanks and wow that must have been pretty frightening during that crisis. Most people I've talked to that have had it done recently have had great success so I'm expecting the same.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

@moonangel12 thanks for the link because the full story does not indicate anyone is losing their mind but we know mental health decline is a concerning side effect of this 2020 Pandemic. I wear a mask when at risk of being within 6 foot of people out in the public out of respect for others and myself. The CDC has confused the public with their Wear a Mask, Don't Wear a Mask, Do Wear a Mask suggestions over the last several months. KY has no law on the books to wear a mask when near others is factual but why not for the mental health for others plus it is common sense a person does not appreciate being coughed on ever.

"We would like to clarify the statement behind our sign, we posted on the front door of our store. First of all, we would never deny any customer access inside our store, that is wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. We are not telling you to not wear a mask, what we are saying is, its your choice to wear one or not, not our governments choice for us. While some got the meaning behind it, alot did not. We didnt mean to offend anyone, but we will not apologize for our beliefs in our freedom to make our own decisions, that our government wants to make for us. We strive to keep our customers safe, and our employees."

One coronavirus prep item I over looked was trickle chargers for the parked vehicles with internal combustion engines now that we use the EV for 99% of travel needs since ICE vehicles require going to the gas station and is not helpful for those with COPD.

I've not seen anything inconsistent from the CDC. Has the CDC ever said that it is a bad idea to wear a mask?

As for vehicles, I don't plug mine in and I don't have a way to do that. I would guess that most do not have an EV, but that number is probably larger than those who have an engine heater... something I remember my parents had when growing up in northern Iowa, but not sure very many even in northern climates still have those. Probably if you have a diesel, you have a plug-in heater. Would have to go pretty far north or pretty high in elevation right now to need it in the northern hemisphere.

But, I do drive a Prius (not a plug-in) hybrid. My understanding is that letting it sit too long can be stressful on the hybrid battery. For the last 2 months, I've had it out maybe once every week or so... not good for it, I'm sure. :(
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member

moonangel12-you have my prayers- a lot of things can affect our mental health- this crisis has been tough- will keep you in prayer- good luck-