19/05 2.61 miles
    25/05 2.21 miles
    26/05 2.60 miles

exercise.png

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems with their Garmin not vibrating for notifications and alarms? Apparently my alarm did go off this morning, but since it was set to vibrate only it did not vibrate and that is why I overslept. I am also not getting any notifications and when my move bar "alerts" I am not getting that. I've played with it a little and if I set an alarm with "tone" it does work, but if I set "vibration" nothing, although if I am looking at it I see that it is going off and I have the option to snooze or dismiss. And if I set "tone and vibration" it chirps, but does not vibrate. This is really frustrating because I love having the alarm on my wrist in the morning, but I don't want it to make noise and wake my husband up. I have a FR35 and it is a couple of years old, so maybe it is time for a new one. I hope not though, because I really can't afford a new watch right now especially since I just ordered a pair of aftershokz titanium headphones (which were cheaper than a watch) on Friday.

Hmm if it's not working at all, not even when you play with the settings, I wonder if the vibration motor has somehow stopped working. I can see how occasionally it would drop out if the notifications stopped, but to not do anything at all...

Id say mesaage/call garmin, see what they say. It might be a couple of years old but I hear their aftercare support is really good. I can't comment on out of warranty, but the support I had was pretty good.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems with their Garmin not vibrating for notifications and alarms? Apparently my alarm did go off this morning, but since it was set to vibrate only it did not vibrate and that is why I overslept. I am also not getting any notifications and when my move bar "alerts" I am not getting that. I've played with it a little and if I set an alarm with "tone" it does work, but if I set "vibration" nothing, although if I am looking at it I see that it is going off and I have the option to snooze or dismiss. And if I set "tone and vibration" it chirps, but does not vibrate. This is really frustrating because I love having the alarm on my wrist in the morning, but I don't want it to make noise and wake my husband up. I have a FR35 and it is a couple of years old, so maybe it is time for a new one. I hope not though, because I really can't afford a new watch right now especially since I just ordered a pair of aftershokz titanium headphones (which were cheaper than a watch) on Friday.

Hmm if it's not working at all, not even when you play with the settings, I wonder if the vibration motor has somehow stopped working. I can see how occasionally it would drop out if the notifications stopped, but to not do anything at all...

Id say mesaage/call garmin, see what they say. It might be a couple of years old but I hear their aftercare support is really good. I can't comment on out of warranty, but the support I had was pretty good.

Is it an iPhone? There is a known issue where you very occasionally just have to completely turn both phone and watch OFF, then turn them back on, then do a sync, to get them talking again. It used to happen all the time but with more patches by Garmin it has gotten way better.

Also, if it is an iPhone, check to make sure your privacy settings are all good. An IOS update not long ago changed the default settings to be more secure (a good thing) and that broke some apps so you have to loosen them up.

If i is not an iPhone, toss it in the river and buy one? Joking... but yeah, contact Garmin.

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Well the Rock N Roll Marathon has been moved to Nov 20, 2020 OR I can defer it to 2021.

At first I was super excited to still get to run this year but then I realized I will be in Nashville only a week later for Thanksgiving, depending on the virus situation. So it may make the most sense to just defer to 2021.

And I just got word that my 50K is cancelled. Deferred to next year.

So now what. I feel like ugly crying.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. It’s awful I know. Big running hugs
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    And something else FANTASTIC....my wife's aunt tested NEGATIVE!!! Finally after 4 tests and 8 weeks!!!

Yay!!!

What about you? Have you beat it yet?

Yes, yay! Hope you are well?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Well the Rock N Roll Marathon has been moved to Nov 20, 2020 OR I can defer it to 2021.

At first I was super excited to still get to run this year but then I realized I will be in Nashville only a week later for Thanksgiving, depending on the virus situation. So it may make the most sense to just defer to 2021.

And I just got word that my 50K is cancelled. Deferred to next year.

So now what. I feel like ugly crying.

Yeah sorry. :( That stinks. :(

I was just telling my coach it feels like we are in the last stanzas of 99 bottles of beer on the wall. :(
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @mbaker566 Scooby is adorable! I'd be a challenge too, if I had been locked up in a small space for half of my life. You are doing a great thing. The corset looks great on you! Love the other pictures too. You've had a busy week.
    I would have to try the Samo! Sounds yummy.

Love the pictures @skippysmom . Georgous place to run/hike. Hahaha about your running partner. Snapping turtles are so prehistoric looking.

Yeah for getting out there @MegaMooseEsq ! It's hard after 2 months off.

Great news @Scott6255 ! I was just wondering how she was doing this morning.

@Elise4270 Hahaha Looking forward to after pictures to see what you decided to do.

@Camaramandy648 Glad you were able to have such a great weekend. I'm not sure, but I think you can go into some of the MFB settings and reset your streak, if you so desire. Sorry to hear about your races being cancelled. I haven't heard about the AF HM yet. It's supposed to be in Sept.

@T1DCarnivoreRunner Glad you are feeling better. Wish they could have been more specific, but hopefully you won't encounter the bad food again.

@hamsterwheel6 Great run!!!

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    I did NOT get to run today. I knew I was going to have to go to my cousin's apartment, do an errand for Relay For Life, and get groceries. I decided to take out early (8:45 am) thinking I would get back around 1 and have time to run this afternoon. Humm. No! For some reason, I didn't get home until 4pm. Not sure where the time went.

I had forgotten to take water with me. Every store I went into, I would think, "You need to buy you a bottle of water." Every time I got back in the car I would think, "Shoot. I meant to buy a bottle of water." :lol: I finally got one at my last stop, but by then I was dehydrated and hadn't had anything to eat. So, I felt it was prudent to call today a rest day, drink some water, eat some food, and try again tomorrow.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 in-line skates are the devil. I fell one time going off a curb, it hurt so bad but I was acting too cool, I got up headed on my way. I got around the corner and sat down and cried ha ha

@janejellyroll I talked to my boss this afternoon he said 25% of the project was the start to come back, it'll be a few more weeks until we add more people. I'm like cool I like have half the building to myself since everyone coming back sits downstairs and I'm upstairs LOL
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 , @skippygirlsmom , @Avidkeo , & @PastorVincent Thanks for the advice on the watch. I may contact Garmin. I have a Samsung so it isn't the iphone issue.  And I don't think it is the phone. I first noticed it when my alarm didn't go off and that is set on the watch and not through the phone. It's not a huge deal,  but I use the alarm feature a lot. So far the alarm works with sound, but I want the alarm to be silent. They probably won't do anything, since it is out if warranty but it won't hurt to ask.

Great news @Scott6255 !
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I had forgotten to take water with me. Every store I went into, I would think, "You need to buy you a bottle of water." Every time I got back in the car I would think, "Shoot. I meant to buy a bottle of water." :lol:

I wish I did not fully understand how this could happen. :D
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo It wasn't bad food... I literally eat the same thing all the time. It is only a question of what cut of beef. Even then, it is often ground beef anyway. The food was just a vector for whatever bacteria or virus I ended up with.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo the shoe photos is actually after my 30 minute, 1 mile walk. There is a smudge of mud but I’m still happy. The shoes are comfy. I may try to get away with making them my clinical shoes next semester, (they aren’t technically one color... so, I may get corrected).

@skippygirlsmom aw! I understand crying after the in-line skate fall. That spot is a low spot, obviously with the mud, and it’s a corner with a rocky creek on one side and trees on the other. I ditched in to the grass before it to stop and landed on my left kitten so hard, I’d swear I broke it. I got up, like nothing and skated right back to the car and talked myself out of needing medical attention. I can’t say that I’ve been on them since but refuse to part with them. Maybe next time I hurt myself on them I will.

@kgirlhart Garmin has an online contact. I just shoot them an email and they get back. Be great if they have a fix for you!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Another 5K this morning putting me at 85/100km for May. Only 3 more runs!! 😁.

exercise.png
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    So this morning I got out a squash ball and really took to the knots in my leg. The pain is only low level, about a 2 or 3,but still really niggly. Went for a 5k run. Then attacked it with the squash ball. Omg.

The pain levels when you hit the knots, ahhhh. Shot up to labour levels! And the feeling of the muscle twanging over the ball.... And it was tender for most of the morning.

As the day went on, the pain eased to the point I didn't really notice it at the end of the day. So hopefully it's helped! I'm going to do strength training tomorrow, so will attack again.

But there you go, if you have knots, get out the squash ball.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good news, the magnesium supplement worked! I still get mild muscle cramps in my calves at night, but they don't hurt to the point that its waking me up anymore :)
    The knot in my quad is still there, though, despite my efforts to massage it out. I can run and walk just fine and I hardly feel it, but I went to the gym yesterday (its finally open!!) and I could definitely feel it when I went to squat. @Avidkeo I'll have to look into your squash ball. Although I'm probably gonna hate it because I'm a huge baby and would rather deal with knots and cramps and such than the pain of working them out :D

It's been super hot and humid here the last week, so I've been running late at night. It wasn't quite dark the last outdoor run I did, and the first half mile was miserable, and then the heavens answered my prayers with a torrential downpour that lasted through the rest of my run. I was feeling great and was going to run 3 miles instead of my planned 2...but right around mile 2, it started lightning pretty bad so I headed home. Still a good run! My dogs didn't enjoy it as much. They're both princesses and don't like the rain.

I took advantage of the gym being open and did my 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday, in the air conditioning. I forgot how much I hate treadmills. Why are they so much harder? I even added a minute onto my pace and I still got off completely drenched in sweat. Ugh!

Also, sorry to hear about your headphones, @PastorVincent ! I cannot tell you how many pairs I go through because I set them down and forget where I left them, only to give up and buy another pair. Putting them through the wash definitely sucks, though.