What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @just_Tomek - you certainly have a back-up career plan as a food stylist...or chef for that matter ...that vegetarian grill 'thing' is just too insanely yummy.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Linguini w teline (a very small clam found on the coast (Italy) around the airport Fumicino and a real specialty, not easy to come by), EVOO, red pepper flakes, white wine, and garlic.kuhxkvbrch0w.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Cookies.uteuzxri3tp1.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Quick weeknight meal. Frozen crumbed haddock (I broke one) and oven fries warmed up in the air fryer. Miso butter green beans.

1eltn3lztyjx.jpeg
  • minimiss669
    minimiss669 Posts: 86 Member
    Some of these photos look positively gourmet! Mine, not so much. Here's my mini meal from this evening. I like having small portions more often. I was quite proud of this one. 😀
  • snowflake954
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Bugs... On the balcony 😁

i0rb920uifpi.jpg

Very nice Tomak! Great meal and photo!
  • snowflake954
    7xu5jlsboi6t.jpg

Your photo turned out great! If the photo is good, I always ask myself "would I eat this?" if the answer is "yes" then you're a success. Keep on cookin'.
  • snowflake954
    Tried something new. I found this recipe and it sounded interesting. Tahdig---One small whole wheat wrap, basmatic rice, green beans, saffron, burro, EVOO and salt.

Tahdik with a pita as the crust... interesting but make it the proper way where the rice becomes the crust. Amazing and not easy.

OK-tell me how maestro. B)
  • snowflake954
    edited May 2020
    dzwe4dpmxtrc.jpg
    Tried something new. I found this recipe and it sounded interesting. Tahdig---One small whole wheat wrap, basmatic rice, green beans, saffron, burro, EVOO and salt.

Tahdik with a pita as the crust... interesting but make it the proper way where the rice becomes the crust. Amazing and not easy.

Sorry. I have never tried. But when my friend's Iranian mom made it I was wowed that rice can be this good. All I know it involves a lot of washing the rice then lots of ghee and perfect timing.

I went on internet to look up recipes. They don't look too complicated. Yes, you need to "wash" or rinse the rice 3 times and some say to soak half an hour. The rest is not hard. You, who like burnt stuff should like it. There are recipes using potatoes or bread (like mine). Mine was very good and the crusty wrap gave it a nice crunch. I will definitely try this again and change it up--but I love crunchy rice.
  • snowflake954

Sorry. I have never tried. But when my friend's Iranian mom made it I was wowed that rice can be this good. All I know it involves a lot of washing the rice then lots of ghee and perfect timing.

I went on internet to look up recipes. They don't look too complicated. Yes, you need to "wash" or rinse the rice 3 times and some say to soak half an hour. The rest is not hard. You, who like burnt stuff should like it. There are recipes using potatoes or bread (like mine). Mine was very good and the crusty wrap gave it a nice crunch. I will definitely try this again and change it up--but I love crunchy rice.

Charred yes. Burnt, nope. :)
    The tough part about making tahdik is the timing on the crust, since you cannot see whats happening. This is one of those things our mothers told us "its done, when its done".

I said "burnt" because in Italian burnt or charred are the same word "bruciato" and I've become Italian in my thinking sometimes--as my sons love to tease me. :D