What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2020
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @Mike Pfirrman - Looks like you hammered it with HR that high. If I"m reading the chart correctly, the work periods were about 8-9 minutes. How long are the recovery intervals? Looks like your HR recovered very well in a short time, a mark of true cardio fitness.

Maybe you could have done a few more rounds? :) Kidding!!

Thanks! They were from 8:29 to 8:54 -- all 2Ks with my second rep being the fastest. The HRM wasn't on for that first one. The recoveries were 3 and a half minutes. Felt really good with that rest moving to the next one. Steep drops in HR despite the heat, a great sign.

The C/D looked like a fifth rep, though hardly at the speed.

I do believe I'm pretty close on my Max HR estimates. They normally say your HR should hit 95% of max on this workout if you're pushing hard (and I certainly felt like I was), so it looks like my Zones are based on relatively good HR metric estimates now, which is good to know.

I think my cardio is getting sound. It's my strength endurance and peak strength, along with the lactate tolerance and reuse that are lacking. But according to Stephen Seiler, this is the workout that best addresses that (or at least an 8' X 4 workout).

Anyway, onward and forward.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,382 Member
    Poor planning today. I'd not run yesterday because it was too windy. So I moved it for today, and forgot that it's my live music dancing evening as well. Thus I started running much earlier than I'm used to, got a new 5k record for 2020, jumped under the shower for a very short moment, then went to dance in my livingroom for an hour and got all sweaty again :D Btw, it was much more windy that I'd hoped for as well.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    20 min yoga, 30 min full body dumbbells.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yesterday ran a 5K.

Today was yoga day. Hadn't done any decent amount in a while, was a good morning!
  • camillasmith1987
    camillasmith1987 Posts: 21 Member
    Body pump 111 in the sunshine 😀.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    After a week of deload, first upper was really tough. Drank 3 Gatorades. I will take it down a couple notches next time and increase cals.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    5,000m indoor rowing & 8 km easy run
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hmmm, not sure about that ^.... same volume, perhaps not same intensity? Depends? Good question.

Back to work!... therapeutic massage for 5 hrs. I’m gonna be wiped out, haven’t done it for two months. I should and will do some stretches later today but that’s it!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,382 Member
    I walked close to 20km through woods, with a big d'oh at the end. When I felt I was done I checked for a bus to the nearest station. Meh, still 30 minutes. Walking those last 2km will be faster. So I did. Once I arrived at the station I checked for the best connection back home - and found it was a bus driving in the direction I came from, which will be arriving in 4 minutes. Great. I might as well have sat down in the shade for a few minutes instead of walking those last 2km through a small town. Oh well.. it was still a great day.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited May 2020
    Fri 5/29

17.7 miles on mountain bike trails. (bit it hard at the 10 mile mark. gave myself a black eye and big knot on my cheek, hurt my shoulder and took lots of skin off my right knee and leg. Got up and did 7 more miles...probably from adrenaline. I sure felt it immediately an hour after and through the night!)

Sat 5/30

MORNING
    30 chin ups (in sets to failure)
    Glutton for punishment. 14.4 miles on trails in the rain.

NOON
    100 push ups (sets to failure)
    5 sets of bicep curls (sets to failure)
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    this is offtopic but I have a quick question...

If you do 4 sets of these much reps:

Is it the same quality workout as doing 3 sets of 10 reps?

Depends. Same volume, sure. Are you resting the same amount between the 4 vs 3 sets?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Today was a 26 mile bike ride. Beautiful day for it... and I’m reminded why we should always use sunscreen before rides. Lol!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Yesterday was an hour's climbing. My hands barely bled at the end, so hopefully they are starting to toughen up again. But I did have a lot of tape on.

I fell off a lot, as the holds tended to go loose if I jumped for them. So a fair chunk of time was with a step ladder and an Allen key.

Today, I felt drained. All I had the energy for was a walk. I got 20,000 steps in, so at least I avoided begging sedentary.
  • beastier
    beastier Posts: 1,908 Member
    Legs day....:

Half to full barbell squats
    TRX barbell reverse suspended lunges (weights)
    Supaset: seated stand ups, TRX leg extensions
    Supaset: barbell bench stand ups, resistance band leg reverse standing squats
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    CX ride and christening the new Drivetrain..rides silky smooth, just need to get some better wheels and then this bby will be complete! Like 5 seconds of scoring another KOM too 😭!!

w40ugei1s1r2.jpeg

89v6d3q5s76b.png
    55zdgy0u9rp3.png
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    20 Min AMRAP

5 Pull Ups

10 Press Ups

15 Air Squat
  • HaFrMaZo
    HaFrMaZo Posts: 315 Member
    Pull ups