Rita ~ You are a great photographer! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Karen- Not the worker it’s the silly corporate wahoos who never handles a customer in their life making up rules. At my old job I shad to ask a million Identification questions to pass on to the next person or they couldn’t take you until I directed you to them. Even tho they were right there heard it all they have to ask you a million Identification questions to make sure who I spoke to in front or not of them is the same person. Corporate yahoo’s do this don’t realize how hard it makes it in the worker who gets the customers wrath y frustration trust me the worker feels stupid y terrible having to ask it but since they record calls or a boss walking around even plain clothed like the workers won’t know it’s them write them up or chew them out as a violation of policy for not asking stupid things like “Do you want our company credit card 💳 even tho you say NO every week to me I know your name y probably your grandkids name their watching so here’s the question neither of us want to say or answer. Some customers I managed to tell what the stupid policy was why I had to ask how they could call leave their opinion on the policy with a simple How are we doing questionaire. It worked for a few weeks pamphlets only y no questions asked. Then another corporate wahoo made the other corporate yahoo change it back so once again same dumb questions. If I sold a credit card 💳 it was always the customer asking for it. They actually got on to the cashier for not signing more people up per month. Had to be the cashier who never gets to attend a meeting or notified of new policy until a customer tells them fault...not the high interest rate y fact it was a small town everyone already got a card.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    :) It is very difficult to refrain from making sweeping generalizations about a group when you have been upset by one member of the group. It is a never ending challenge for me.

:) My quiet house is now filled with conversations between Jake and Alexa. It reminds me of an episode of one of my favorite TV shows where one of the characters developed an almost romantic relationship with his "smart refrigerator".

<3 Barbie
  • Schabram
    Schabram Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today has been tough, I felt really hungry all day for some reason. I managed to keep under 1400kcals and 30g net Carbs. No exercise though.
    I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts.
    Letti UK
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Wow slept wonderfully
    I needed it..
    Jean has been in the medical field for over 30 yrs and thinks she knows it all..and most of it she does. But the reality of it is..her mom now needs 24 hr care and with her working full time and escaping up North for the weekends the trust pays for someone to stay with her..
    But these weekends wear me out..so i will agree to do one weekend a month and thats it
    I texted my brother and told him honestly this is when you get Hospice involved..

What a difficult time for you all.

I am curious about who set up the trust, who manages the trust, and why the trust would be explicit that Jean cannot go into long term care. That seems like an odd caveat to me, since anyone, at any age, really, could have a need for long-term care because of age, health, or accident.

Take care of yourself, Allie. We all love you and worry about you and your sweet pup.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) My quiet house is now filled with conversations between Jake and Alexa. It reminds me of an episode of one of my favorite TV shows where one of the characters developed an almost romantic relationship with his "smart refrigerator".

<3 Barbie

That tickles me so much, Barbie. My mother has a dot, too, and while she doesn't use it a lot, her great granddaughter, when she visited, would have so much fun talking to it. I was encouraged that it was a good gift for my mom, when she got the google equivalent for her great granddaughter for Christmas last year.

My mom didn't understand the Christmas, probably four years or more ago now, that we got her a kindle. But it has become her lifeline. She uses it to keep in contact with us, with her friends, with the weather. She uses it all day long. I told her the other day that it is about time for us to upgrade her kindle. She was slightly panicked, but she has used it for so long. I am afraid one day it will just stop.

Funny. I don't think she ever uses it for reading a book, and there are plenty on there because it is associated with our amazon account. I ponder that sometimes, what Amazon has become. Remember when it was just a place you could get books online?

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    Pip, hope you are looking into a bee keeper, and not a pest control guy. Even though bees can bee a pest sometimes, they are so vital.
    💖Rebecca
    (PS) deathly afraid of bees, but love flowers, fruits, honey, nuts and vegetables.👍
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,431 Member
    Options
    Today making french toast, and sausage patties for my birthday dinner. I am not eating it!😁. I have decided to "gift" myself a day of fasting, it might even be longer. The feeling of knowing my body is choosing to use fat as fuel, instead of glucose well it is exhilarating. To realize my body has the capability to heal itself, its an untapped blueprint, that neither the medical community or the pharmaceutical companies want you to know about. I still love my glorious meal between the hours of noon and 4 pm, but today I love myself more.💖
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey

Happy Birthday! <3B)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Perhaps your husband could go to his cricket friend's for lunch without you. Just a thought. :)

Rebecca ~ Happy Birthday Sweet Lady!

I know this sounds petty, but I am bummed out that my one and only soap has no new episodes due to movie sets still quarantined.

Carol in GA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Pip, woot! for a deadline for Kirby's retirement! That's only six weeks away!

Flea, ditto on the "what Amazon has become," marveling. All I do on my Kindle is read, so I'm exactly the opposite of your mom. I do love the fact that all the books are in the cloud, so even if my Kindle bites the big one, my library is still out there.

Barbie, I'd be using the Dot for target practice. I do not want one in my house... to me it's like handing your life to Amazon. I do enough of that already.

Rebecca - Happy birthday!

Letti - Well done on the calorie restriction.

Rita - loved both, but especially the night moon. Very dramatic, great photo.

Got out of the shower just wiped out. Might be a nap in my future... :blush:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Pip, hope you are looking into a bee keeper, and not a pest control guy. Even though bees can bee a pest sometimes, they are so vital.
    💖Rebecca
    (PS) deathly afraid of bees, but love flowers, fruits, honey, nuts and vegetables.👍

they are endangered, that wouldn't happen. even pest control guys could remove them safely and not "destroy" them
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- Happy Birthday and many more...
    Flea- she wrote me a nasty note trying to Bully me into working every other weekend..
    And i told her no.. so now she is pissy with me and my brother,because it is getting down to brass tacks .24/7 care for her mother and if needed a live in caregiver.. Hospice would do a world of good. But she thinks she knows it all.. so we shall just see how it goes..
    I did get quite a bit of things done today so i feel better.. and getting my hair done tomorrow yeha...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Carol - He could still bring back the virus. I'm not ready for him sharing food they have handled and objects being passed around. We both need to stay safe. I'm happy for him to go for a walk and eat his own food, no touching. That's just the stage I'm at. I would prefer to stay like this for ever, but I know I can't, but that is moving too fast.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    <3