June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ OMG Running with an ice cream cone sounds awesome!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »

I highly doubt I could pull that off! :o
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

Try it! If you can drink from a cup at an aid station, why not eat ice cream. What can go wrong?
    Worst that can happen is that you end up wearing sticky ice cream for the rest of the run. ....actually, that sounds pretty bad. I'm glad that didn't happen to me :D
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Try it! If you can drink from a cup at an aid station, why not eat ice cream. What can go wrong?
    Worst that can happen is that you end up wearing sticky ice cream for the rest of the run. ....actually, that sounds pretty bad. I'm glad that didn't happen to me :D

Getting rid of sticky is exactly why I stopped using Gu. :smiley:
  • kgirlhart
    Options

Yeah, I might end up wearing some of it. But I still think it would be awesome! I'm going to shower when I get home any way.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    @rheddmobile Sorry you still aren't really able to run at your park. I don't know why people are always so inconsiderate.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo You just made my husband’s day! We are now signed up for the space station race. Normally he thinks virtual races just to get cool medals are kinda lame, but we are agreed that given the current circumstances, anything counts!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    03/06 2.55 miles
    04/06 2.02 miles
    08/06 2.34 miles
    11/06 2.05 miles
    12/06 2.06 miles
    16/06 2.58 miles
    18/06/2.30 miles

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I hate hearing that you have to give up a prime running spot. Would it be possible to consider putting a mask around your neck and pulling it up within 15feet of others and eyeball them suspiciously as they pass? There's no such mask wearing here, least that I know of, unless the clinics insist upon it. But I get some people need to protect themselves. Make a T shirt that says "move over fruit loop, I don't want your c-cooties"
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Wait.....doesn't everyone run with ice cream? Am I the only one? Looks good @_nikkiwolf_

@eleanorhawkins Hal sounds like a slave driver! Glad I am not the only one in a love-hate relationship with their chosen exercise tools....I find myself regularly cursing out my Peloton Instructors.

@skippygirlsmom Love those shoes!

@avidkeo glad your back to running again!

@rheddmobile sorry to hear that your trail is overrun. Ours is too. You used to be able to go early on most days and not be crowded out but I think people have taking to running more due to Covid so the trails are packed and no one is masked up. I just try to run around them and avoid the closeness. And I hold my breath when I pass which I know is silly.

Running/walking on the books for tomorrow.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I can barely drink and run at the same time. I'm impressed!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I can barely drink and run at the same time. I'm impressed!

Seriously. When I need to take a cup at races, I pull over and stop. :D Unless it is a 5k or something in the summer, then I just dump on my head and keep going. :D
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart and @bearly63 thanks they are comfy. While I’m home in either running or barefoot ha ha, I’m really casual even at work, I tend to wear sandals (they are sketchers) in the summer and some ugly closed in toe shoe when my feet start to freeze.

@_nikkiwolf_ and @Avidkeo I’m really thinking Hal is rude. Yeah for ice cream cones! I’ll have to try that, some new virtual run.

@rheddmobile we are going up again here in Alabama too. I went out on Saturday morning on the trails all kinds of people.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile The entire south is increasing in cases rapidly, so is the west. Midwest and northeast are declining in numbers of new cases... but good that Memphis requires masks. Nobody here wears them and won't unless/until they are forced to do so. Even having an ordinance requiring it won't work as I have observed at work where the company requires it. People in the office are the worst and fortunately the director sent a very clear email out about the mask usage here in the office specifically. Similarly, even if the city or county required it, people would still violate unless it is enforced. I'm certain that cops around here wouldn't enforce it either.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I usually wear Sketchers sandals with yogamat. They are pretty comfy. Unfortunately one pair is really getting old so now my feet slip around on them and the other pair is white and they are looking pretty dirty.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    @Faebert Glad your quad is feeling better.

@skippygirlsmom I think it is cool that you have friends that work on the ISS. I love space stuff. In my younger days, I really wanted to be an astronaut. Since I realized I have mild claustrophobia, I don't think I could...and the fact that I'm 60 years old. LOL (Claustrophobia is diagnosed. So they diagnose those things, or do we just know from experience?) That's one reason why I REALLY loved my stint in the AF at Cape Canaveral AFS. I got to work with the GPS satellites, participate in several launches, and tour the Space Shuttle crawler.