June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    It's tipping with rain here. After about six months of fabulous weather (we're in drought. In winter!) the wet has finally come. I'm supposed to run today. I'm not mentally prepared. I'm procrastinating. Someone give me a poke.

Yay for rain! Hope the water tanks get a bit fuller! And it's perfect running weather, if you haven't already gone out lol

Nope. Slacked off royally. Haven’t done that in a while!

Good for you! Sometimes that is what exactly what we need. :)

Thank you @PastorVincent, I do think it was for the best. The pile of chocolate I ate instead, however...

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I think it is cool that you have friends that work on the ISS. I love space stuff. In my younger days, I really wanted to be an astronaut. Since I realized I have mild claustrophobia, I don't think I could...and the fact that I'm 60 years old. LOL (Claustrophobia is diagnosed. So they diagnose those things, or do we just know from experience?) That's one reason why I REALLY loved my stint in the AF at Cape Canaveral AFS. I got to work with the GPS satellites, participate in several launches, and tour the Space Shuttle crawler.

Many years ago now, I got to see the ISS in person. I mean it was still on the ground at the time, but I saw several sections in Alabama. Probably never see them again though! LOL. I will try to find the pics I took and post them later.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    It's tipping with rain here. After about six months of fabulous weather (we're in drought. In winter!) the wet has finally come. I'm supposed to run today. I'm not mentally prepared. I'm procrastinating. Someone give me a poke.

Yay for rain! Hope the water tanks get a bit fuller! And it's perfect running weather, if you haven't already gone out lol

Nope. Slacked off royally. Haven’t done that in a while!

Good for you! Sometimes that is what exactly what we need. :)

Thank you @PastorVincent, I do think it was for the best. The pile of chocolate I ate was absolutely necessary and very therapeutic.

Fixed that for you ;)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Love your new shoes.

@Camaramandy648 Yeah for all the new running clothes. If preparation got a medal, I think you'd win. :wink: Good luck with the binge.

@kgirlhart Yeah for the great run! When I work at the daycare, I usually wear my older running or tennis shoes. Gotta be able to get around quick with those kids.

@_nikkiwolf_ Strawberry ice cream sounds like a great substitute for water to me. Not sure how you ran with a cone in your hand. It wouldn't have turned out pretty had I tried that. :lol:

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @rheddmobile I'm glad you got to run on the trail today. Sorry it was too crowded for you to feel safe to go back anytime soon. I still have my fingers crossed that things will get back to normal sooner rather than later. I'm glad you signed up for the race and I made your husband happy. I still haven't signed up. Guess I'd better get to it. :smile: Which distance are you going to do?

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Wait what!? Running with ice cream? Oh yeah, not sure I could manage but I would love to!
    Ugh @rheddmobile sux for sure. Case spiking here as well, and yeah not many are wearing masks out and about. Sigh
    Hal is a monster! Lol. Just kidding. Might have tor try the app and see what he says about me.
    @skippygirlsmom nice shoes!!
    @kgirlhart at home I wear flip flops and mostly every where else I go in the summer lol. Winter I wear uggs or boots. At work I have danskin clogs, not great looking but super comfy, and sandals in the warmer weather.
    5 miles today with interval speed work 1minx10.
    Oh! Ordered aftershokz for my birthday present to myself! It’s not until the 29th but I could not wait. And sale.

I really need shoes too
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @hamsterwheel6 What? There's a sale on Aftershokz? Need to go check it out. I just signed up for the ISS virtual race and got the t-shirt just because.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @hamsterwheel6 What? There's a sale on Aftershokz? Need to go check it out. I just signed up for the ISS virtual race and got the t-shirt just because.

Yes 20% off! Until June 21st!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Goal: 130 miles
    06/01/20 - 7.16
    06/02/20 - 4.02
    06/03/20 - 7.02
    06/04/20 - 3.71
    06/06/20 – 15.35
    06/08/20 – 5.28
    06/09/20 – 5.13
    06/11/20 – 5.51
    06/13/20 – 13.23
    06/15/20 – 5.17
    06/16/20 – 3.21
    06/18/20 – 8.02
    Total – 82.81 miles

It was a nice cool 64F run this morning and a little foggy starting out. I did my normal loop and then added another mile for 8 miles. I then met some friends to kayak again on a different river. It was a beautiful day and the rain held off mercifully!
  • quilteryoyo
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Teresa502 Sounds like a really nice day!

@hamsterwheel6 Ordered mine. I got the titanium's, in blue. I am probably one of the few people left in the world that doesn't have unlimited data on my phone. If I am going to listen to music or podcasts, I'm going to have to change that. I'll wait until I try them out before I upgrade my phone plan.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @Teresa502 Sounds like a really nice day!

@hamsterwheel6 Ordered mine. I got the titanium's, in blue. I am probably one of the few people left in the world that doesn't have unlimited data on my phone. If I am going to listen to music or podcasts, I'm going to have to change that. I'll wait until I try them out before I upgrade my phone plan.

Cool! I ordered the mini in the green, sure to,stand out that way haha. I also don’t have unlimited- we have a family plan with roll over and never have had an issue. Though my son would beg to differ.
    I listen to most my music off line, so it works out for me.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - if you use Spotify you can create playlists and download them to your phone so you don't have to use any data to listen to your music. I do the same with my podcasts and also the free Peloton workouts.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo - if you use Spotify you can create playlists and download them to your phone so you don't have to use any data to listen to your music. I do the same with my podcasts and also the free Peloton workouts.

Yeah, this. You will want to do this anyway otherwise you risk losing connection, bad single, and other issues while you are running. Downloading all things in advance will save you from having to upgrade your plan, and prevent all those issues.

Also, I do not have unlimited data either. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    For my fellow Dr. Who fans, and those that love a good laugh, you need to watch this when you can. Totally off topic, but IMO laughter is always on topic. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65FUgIcuLTI
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 Big hugs. You have every right in the world to be stressed over all of this. Don't add guilt on top of it. One thing I figured out a long time ago is that my feelings DO matter, regardless of whether or not someone else is worse off than me. Try to keep that in mind. I do hope that your mom and husband are able to be with you during labor. If she can't be physically present, check to see if maybe you can face time with her or something. At least that way you could hear her voice. Bless you and your husband for choosing law enforcement. I, for one, appreciate all you do and think it is horrible that people are hating all police based on the actions of a few. Stay safe.