Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited July 2020
    Good morning everyone!
    Not caught up on all the messages. Took a week off from everything including technology. Left my phone plugged in the camper and only checked for phone/text. Was great to do! But now back to reality. Work - sigh, HOT HUMID Wisconsin weather that brings out the bugs. Yippeee! But it is summer - so no whining right?
    I did not do too bad eating - the hot weather helped that - too hot to feel stuffed and bloated :wink:
    Greatest thing was no news, no concern about riots, COVID and all else crapping out in this world right now.
    Blissful.
    Unfortunately was self conscious in my swim suit and most things I wear for summer again. I try to tell myself to do this for me and now what I look like, but in the end...that is what I do to myself. So here we go again! Tracking and weight loss in my goals!
    Glad to see you are all well.

CW 193.2
    HW 207
    GW 180

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,836 Member

Hi there Sara - thanks for the coffee!

Tracy - Of all of the things you've got going now, focus on your daughter. Depression is horrible as most of us know.
    As for you, how about you put yourself on the side burner, not all the way on the back burner. Big hugs~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Mrs Monster gave me an email - when I signed up to take another day off I accidentally asked for today off - I responded that I was reversing the request but if she wanted me to take the day off....... Could not believe it, I am showing up for work and all I get is a rude email?? I am at lunch.

Lynn - glad you took a retreat from our impossible year.

Steak salad day#2 less dressing more greens.

Will fly by before lights out.
  • LanaCabana537

Hi there Lynn - I did not see your post earlier - I save a page and then refresh it. That's fine until MFP rolls us onto another page. Sorry!

How blissful to leave the bulk of technology behind.....We all should do that if/when we can. How wonderful and healthy for you that you got away for a while!

I thought that bugs were only in North Carolina! You have bugs in Wisconsin? 😂🤣😂

Oh Sara - Mrs. Monster will not ever be anything except a miserable woman, will she? It must be pitiful to be her. Just remember that.
    You are a sweet, generous person, and you rock! Them's the facts.

*Philippe rushing to Sara's lounge chair to administer pillow fluffing, fanning, and a foot massage~~*

Lana
  • FatGirlOnaDate
    FatGirlOnaDate Posts: 10 Member
    How do I know this time will be “for real”? I’m committed to getting down to a healthy weight this time. But I was also committed last time when I lost it all and then regained it plus more.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    So incredibly irritated with DH...he re scheduled his re check....GRRR...his back is hurting...now, 3 weeks...3 weeks before he can get in...I just wanna scream...why go thru all the steps, to not cross the finish line ASAP?!

Not feeling well, today. I really, really think it’s nerves..there was lack of communication about appt, today. Which meant, I was 20 minutes late to work. I HATE being late...spent a lot of time in bathroom...only snacked for lunch, because I didn’t feel like eating...couldn’t eat much dinner, cuz I was nauseous and my stomach is burning...ugh...

Hope for a better tomorrow...meeting in AM...which means, I can’t be extra lazy...blah

Have a good night...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn how can you comfort yourself tonight?

FGOaD - we never know if we will succeed - but not trying is a big 0 . Sometimes the first step is the hardest -
  • LanaCabana537
    j4f0v7w4dyku.jpeg
    *** Tuesday July 7th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2020
    Dawn - Oh, I know what it is like to have an exasperating husband, especially when medical care is involved.
    You can't push a string.
    For your own sake, you must change your thinking and your reactions to what is happening, so that you can lessen your own suffering.

Big, big hugs to you~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Hit snooze button which at the time was wonderful, but I am trying to multi task and it is not pretty.

Thank you Lana for getting us started. I no longer have the 4am dog meds feeding time - so I just zzzzz right past it.

Need to increase the steps but when it is so hot outside - I will do what I can.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hi, all. Dawn I am sorry you have 3 weeks to wait now. Is there a project you can tackle that can distract you? Maybe you can start a book: The Many Ways My Husband Exasperates Me.

We are having WIFI issues and I know my son will trouble-shoot things after work. Such a pain; I have to use my phone to post and I hate it. I’m a very fast typist and love my computer keyboard. Maybe I should get one that plugs into my phone. What’s weird is I can’t even set up a hotspot for my phone and computer connect, nor could my son. Well I have errands and tasks to complete so I guess I won’t go crazy bored.

Down 2 lbs today from yesterday. Wow, I lost 2 lbs in 24 hours, haha. It’ll be back in part or whole tomorrow of course. But I’m still on a steady, downward trend.

Hoping you all have a lovely day.

ETA: WiFi just came back on. Weird. Holding for service and killing time online as I wait. :) Adding a pic of our weekend fun for your viewing pleasure.

1c7uar03nt98.jpg
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Good morning, lovelies!

We swapped our weeks at home and office. I ended up in the office for two straight weeks due to some visitors last week (Visitors are my responsibility.) So, to make things less complicated, my direct supervisor swapped our whole teams. Back at home this week, office next week, and so on and so on, Scooby Dooby Dooby.

My challenge at the moment, work-wise, is getting a shipment released from customs in India. Do you know how hard that is? I have tried every way to work it from this end and it is not helping. I intend to be up at midnight tonight to call India directly. Yuck.

On a personal note, I give up. Right now, struggling with the work schedule, attempting to learn my new duties as USBC Association Manager for bowling, attempting to learn my new duties as Recorder for the Moose, and handling my daughter's depression (she broke up with her drug-addict/criminal cheater of a boyfriend) is taking all my focus. For the time being, I have put myself on the back burner.

But, you know what? It will be ok. Eventually, things will even out and I can turn some focus back to me. If not, that's ok too.

Everyone have a wonderful day! Stay cool when you can and do the best you can. That's all anyone can ask.

Tracy in Tennessee

• Tilliesmommy1
    heard on radio- took a survey and average weight gain with the covid and stay at home is on the average 16 pounds - wow that is a lot.
  • LanaCabana537

Hey......who's the lady with the cute puppy!? Congrats on your downward trend Maureen!

Waving to Holly~~

Sara - I heard that also about the 16 pounds! Oy!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    all the fresh vegetables just go bad in the fridge unlike the frozen pizza in the freezer!!!!!
  • mkculs13
    all the fresh vegetables just go bad in the fridge unlike the frozen pizza in the freezer!!!!!

OMG, isn't that the truth, Sara? WI produce goes bad so quickly; it's worse in the winter but not good in the summer. I've noticed lately that even my organic spring mix faded quickly from fresh to . . . inedible.
  • mkculs13
    Hey......who's the lady with the cute puppy!? Congrats on your downward trend Maureen!

Lana

Thanks, Lana. I'm encouraged. I feel really healthy and love the endurance and flexibility I'm regaining. I need to add some strength training, though, for multiple reasons, and I dread it. I hate lifting. I'm thinking of getting a farm to keep sheep to work with Skye *and* so I have to lift stuff a lot, and get stronger that way. Maybe I'm dreaming, but maybe I'm not.

• LanaCabana537
    l9a6z8t3wsuq.jpeg
    *** WEDNESDAY July 8th ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Maureen, I hope that you are only dreaming about that farm. That is a lot to take on, unless you have serious resources, both human and financial. Better to go for the strength training in a safe environment.

Keeping Fresh Vegetables Fresh 🍎:
    Think outside of the Vegetable Drawer design limits. Give them more room in the fridge, and keep them in their produce bags up in the main area. Or, trim and chop them when you buy them, and keep them in plastic containers up top, so you can easily grab and eat/cook.

As for the mixed greens in the big clamshells - open them up, take half and put into a twin container (that you saved and washed), and before closing back up, put in a sheet or two of paper towel on the bottom, top, and in the middle, if it's a big load. This will extend the life of the greens. Excess moisture is bad for them.

Now, where is Pierre with the pot of half-caf?

Lana
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Is there, like, some reward for the most times you've started again? Cos I'm in with a chance if so..... here we go again......... heavier than last time again. Sigh. But I am trying.

I have changed what I eat a lot already to make myself healthier, about 90% veggie now and often eat a vegan diet. But no movement, I am a slug in life, so the weight piles on.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Happy Wednesday!
    16 lbs during COVID. I am up to 9. Getting closer.
    Have a great one!