WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Machka - driving would certainly give you some to me back. I didn’t mind using the transit system here when I had an express route from home to work, but when we moved and the bus schedule sucked I ended up buying a car to gain some tome back on my life. I am a 20 minute walk to work now, I drive most days because I don’t like being sweaty when I get there.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) The only people who have been inside our house since March are my walking friend who is like part of the family and the cable repair guy. It will be a long time before anyone else comes in.

:) We did our monthly shopping this morning and the cupboards and freezer are full. Jake bought the ingredients for several very ambitious Ninja Foodie projects. He'll do the first one tomorrow and the second one on Friday.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Tracy- Lol love the Christmas decorations post lol 😂 what a hoot! I peed my pants 👖 . I like Your Daughter name more it sounds so elegant.

It’s very common my DR told me to have miscarriage or still birth even if you do everything right. Mine was due to a bad uterus y health issues. Simple stressor like the Face books was banned by my DR due to the fact he felt anything that got a person worked up was dangerous if they had blood pressure issues without knowing. Sure enough he was right so very glad I followed his advice like it was the law of the land.

Amber Tx

My allergies keep flailing up but still haven’t figured out which plants doing it.Pollens out somewhere got itchy eyes y tickle throat
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Amber - Thank you. I like her name too, we got the spelling from the credits of the Kenny Rogers movie Six Pack.

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    This is the wall hanging that I made for our granddaughter, finally finished!
    un8gdqo0wmc2.jpg
    This is our grandson, his fourth birthday! He's wearing a jersey for our local lacrosse team. Our DIL's family is heavily into lacrosse (I like it too!)
    mgd239t5jk25.jpg
    And this is our granddaughter, she's one.
    8buxoivdjwsq.jpg
    Lisa, Levi is such a treasure, he does look like he is truly enjoying his first taste of "real" food! lol
    Machka, sending good thoughts your way for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery. Also, congrats on passing the two courses and only having one more to go!
    Cheri, those blankets are lovely! I may have to try one, I do have some odds and ends of wool hanging around!
    Feeling sad for all of you who have lost children or were unable to have children. My mom had a daughter before me, she died at 2 1/2 years due to a heart problem. Mom then went on to have a few miscarriages, then me, then at least one more miscarriage. I am blessed to have had two pregnancies and two healthy births. And they have turned into fine young men!
    The last two days have gone well, calorically speaking! I have also been moving more and not snacking after dinner! That is huge for me! I have been battling a headache all day today tho, the weather is changing, so I guess that's the problem. Very annoying, but a good excuse to go to bed early, so I think that's where I will head now!
    Hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    From the Princess Diaries ...

mkn3v1w0xbkg.png

Who can we be?
    Can I ever be a long distance cyclist again?
    Can I become a photographer?
    Will I find a career I really, truly love?

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Oh the wonderful Levi, 'enjoying' his food! :D<3

Evie - Your grandchildren are adorable! <3 They look very happy and healthy.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Evie - love the grands! Aren't they fun?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    In my memoir I've been writing about a 'sliding door' moment when I was 15, when I answered a request sent to our school to go to the boy's school youth wing to take part in a play. That small decision opened a door into a different life.
    I found myself wondering if any of you have had such a moment. Not the big decisions that we agonise over, like getting married, taking a job etc, but the tiny acts of chance, unnoticed at the time, that somehow led us down a different path.
    Do tell us. :)<3 Let's keep it positive. :D

I'm going to have a day off writing today and do some telephoning of friends I haven't spoken to for a couple of months.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Turns out if you do 8 minutes of a 30 minute exercise video you feel like a truck has run over you the next day........ word to the wise :)

So just catching up on some of the chat to see who is doing what. And I am possibly looking to move...... nothing like adding stress to life when you want to lose weight...

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Heather - this trip.for me is a big change to a different life..
    We will see how it all works out,its either going to be a big change and interesting, or it will be the same old up here..
    It is going to br oppressive today so will go get Homer and then drop him off and go get my license done finally..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Levi what a Cutie

Evelyn darling!