July 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

marisap2010 I want those shoes! I did a couple of their races but didn’t want to spend the money on the medals…. I know, now I’m spending money on Aravaipa. It was a different time when I felt that way, lol. Good job on getting such a deal! How do they fit?

Oh, I didn’t buy any of their medals either.
    I actually haven’t tried on the shoes yet. I already wear a pair of Launch, so I am sure they will fit the same. I didn’t want to get them dirty on last night’s run, and tonight was cross-training.
    [/quote]

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    07/01-07/13: 16.8
    07/14: 3

exercise.png
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Same here on the equipment @Avidkeo - I am just waiting for the mass sell off once gyms reopen and people want their lounges back from the exercise equipment they bought in lock down. Not sure if your area is the same?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Also, what's the likely hood of running 10k after 4 weeks off? With cross training? I'm still doing HIIT, swimming, cycling and strength. Was up to 26k only a month ago. Sigh.

Very high. If you keep up your cardio running should come back pretty quick.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    We dropped off furniture and a few other belongings at the assisted living today for my cousin. He will be moving there on Thursday. It really is a lovely place and the people are so nice. We haven't been allowed inside, but we peeped through the windows today. All of the residents just waved and smiled at us. I really think this is the place he needs to be and will be happy there. It all worked out for the best. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. Still working on the financial changes in order for him to be able to stay there. I am confident that it will come through and not a whole lot I can do about that at the moment. Just waiting for the VA and state of TN to do their thing.

I had planned to do a treadmill run this afternoon, but we didn't get home until 2:00 and then ate Kentucky Fried Chicken, so a lot of food. I'm tired. I think I'll just take this as a rest day. I have a feeling I am not going to make my running goal this month, but I'm not stressing about it. I should have less extra things to do next week, so hope I can get back in the swing then.

Running does have a hard time competing with fried chicken! :D

Glad to hear you found a place for your cousin.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo So sorry you are injured. I hope it heals quickly and you can get back to running in 4 weeks.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Also, what's the likely hood of running 10k after 4 weeks off? With cross training? I'm still doing HIIT, swimming, cycling and strength. Was up to 26k only a month ago. Sigh.

Very high. If you keep up your cardio running should come back pretty quick.

I agree! You can do it!
  • I_Want_A_Donut
    I_Want_A_Donut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 3.27 miles
    7/2 - 2.18 miles
    7/5 - 3.08 miles
    7/7 - 2.28 miles
    7/8 - 2.83 miles
    7/9 - 3.00 miles
    7/10 - 2.00 miles
    7/12 - 3.30 miles
    7/13 - 3.00 miles
    7/14 - 3.10 miles

exercise.png
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Same here on the equipment @Avidkeo - I am just waiting for the mass sell off once gyms reopen and people want their lounges back from the exercise equipment they bought in lock down. Not sure if your area is the same?

In NZ so been out of lockdown for a while now. No real signs of a sell off but will keep an eye out
  • PastorVincent
    Options

In NZ so been out of lockdown for a while now. No real signs of a sell off but will keep an eye out

I am not sure you were in lockdown long enough for the heavy buys we saw here. So you might not have the sell off we are expecting.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll I am sorry to hear about your uncle. You'd (I'd) think, that loss would be easier to accept; we are all going to leave this place, we are all going to lose each other. Yet, it stings and rips the soul deeply no matter the intellectual acceptance. Embrace the loss, I think that's all we can do. :heart:
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @janejellyrollI sorry for your loss <3
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 100 Miles

7/1: 6.51 miles
    7/2: 6.02 miles
    7/5: 10.10 miles
    7/7: 6.22 miles
    7/8: 6.05 miles
    7/9: 6.08 miles
    7/12: 10.03 miles
    7/14: 6.21 miles
    7/15: 6.02 miles

63.24/100 miles completed for July

751.06/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

It was another hot one this morning. I ran 6 miles and could only keep a pace of 11:15. It was around 82°F feels like 85°F for my run, which was similar to yesterday, but yesterday the humidity was 50% and the dew point around 63° and today the humidity was about 75% and the dew point was 72°. You wouldn't think it would make that much difference, but OMG it did. Yesterday's run felt pretty tough, but today's run felt even tougher. I did manage to run though a water sprinkler which was nice, but then a few blocks later a pit bull came running and barking at me. I yelled at him to go away, and he did. But it still scared me. That was actually the only mile that I managed to run under 11 min. I don't think he was a mean dog since he stopped when I yelled at him and he stayed right in front of his house. A lady was watering her flowers a couple of houses down and she didn't seem too worried but did say he wasn't supposed to be out. But it was still pretty nerve racking. All in all it was an ok run. There were lots of gnats and one flew into my eye but I did manage not to swallow any. And after the run was over I felt pretty good about it. It's funny how that happens sometimes. No matter how hard a run is I am almost always glad I ran.

@quilteryoyo I'm glad your injury doesn't seem too bad and glad things seem to be working out for your cousin.

@Avidkeo I'm sorry about your injury, but I'm sure you'll be back to running again.

@janejellyroll I'm so sorry about your uncle. I don't care how "expected" the loss of a loved one is, you are never really ready for it.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    J
    @janejellyroll I'm so sorry about your uncle. I don't care how "expected" the loss of a loved one is, you are never really ready for it.

This. :(