Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Wow @higginsl1969 fantastic progress you are awesome!
  • higginsl1969
    higginsl1969 Posts: 20 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Wow @higginsl1969 fantastic progress you are awesome!

Thank you so much!! ☺️
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    @sardelsa drop that pic
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,324 Member
    And highlighting the importance of lighting and angles , here’s a recent shot which looks like I have no muscles at all 🤣
  • sutralotus
    sutralotus Posts: 12 Member
    I started a strength training regime for the same reasons. Upperbody being weak. I focused all my energy on upper body and made huge strength gains. Took a year off and started again a few weeks ago. Thankfully because of my job being so strenuous, I didnt lose any gains, I actually gained some. Id love to have some ladies that lift send me a friend request so we can inspire each other. Right now I'm trying to figure out whether I should start cutting or keep working on these gains right now. Love this thread.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Awesome photos ladies! Here's my back so far after 2 years lifting...ybdjllus8bgs.jpg
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Not in the realm of you serious weight lifters - y'all are glorious! - but I feel OK for a 126-pound li'l ol' lady who turns 65 in the middle of next month. I admit, whatever granny muscles I have come more from rowing (really *lots*, for over a decade), less from lifting (about which I'm suboptimally lackadaisical, but on again at this point). (Maybe some "cardio" is strength-y-er than others . . . ? 😆 And rowing's mostly a leg exercise, anyway, eh? 😉)
    s8czhm7phyi6.jpg

:o
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    @AnnPT77 You've got more bicep than I do at 20yrs younger. You are always an inspiration.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    @AnnPT77 You've got more bicep than I do at 20yrs younger. You are always an inspiration.

Right?!? Super jealous! My biceps just don’t have a ton of definition.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    WOW @AnnPT77, looking awesome !!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,965 Member
    Aw, thank you - y'all are super-sweet! I think the ability to move the big iron like you three (@mom23mangos, @quiksylver296, @sardelsa) do is the really major, admirable thing.

I'll strive to keep chunking along with my slow, idiosyncratic, injury-avoiding, rehab-oriented kind of routine, and see where it gets me. These days, strength is of course a goal, but injury avoidance is key for me, because recovering is slower and detraining faster at this age/stage for me, so injury costs more in terms of progress. I've stumbled over that a few times already. A consequence of so many years of rowing volume - though overall a great thing for me - is that some muscle groups (and the related connective tissues) are more developed/conditioned than others. So far - knock wood - I haven't had any injuries purely from imbalance . . . more that some muscle groups can write checks that their neighbors can't cash. 😆
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    edited October 2020
    psychod787 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Not in the realm of you serious weight lifters - y'all are glorious! - but I feel OK for a 126-pound li'l ol' lady who turns 65 in the middle of next month. I admit, whatever granny muscles I have come more from rowing (really *lots*, for over a decade), less from lifting (about which I'm suboptimally lackadaisical, but on again at this point). (Maybe some "cardio" is strength-y-er than others . . . ? 😆 And rowing's mostly a leg exercise, anyway, eh? 😉)
    s8czhm7phyi6.jpg

:o

This is awesome!! @AnnPT77