July 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @janejellyroll I am sorry to hear about your uncle. You'd (I'd) think, that loss would be easier to accept; we are all going to leave this place, we are all going to lose each other. Yet, it stings and rips the soul deeply no matter the intellectual acceptance. Embrace the loss, I think that's all we can do. :heart:

You write beautifully, thank you. Thanks everyone.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @janejellyroll So sorry for your loss. I agree with @kgirlhart , you're never ready to lose someone you love, even if you are expecting it.

@kgirlhart
    Excellent run in the humidity. I agree with you - am always glad I ran, even if it was a horrible run.

@katharmonic That sounds like a tough workout. Way to hang in there and get it done. The popsicles sound wonderful!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    I played singles tennis again this morning. When I got home, I really had a hankering to run. The last time I ran was last Wednesday! Since I had already been exercising for two hours and it was hot, I decided to do a quick 2 miles on the treadmill. I was pleased with my pace - 11:06. Not the fastest, but faster than I have been going when I run the hills on my driveway. It really felt good to go for a run.

I'm not sure I know the person that wrote the above paragraph, because she I would have never said that a year ago. :wink:

exercise.png
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll Sorry for the loss of your uncle.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Guys, I just went online to change my registration from a full marathon to the half, and they want to change me for the change, and no refund to the difference.

Is this normal? Wellington let me change for free and will refund the difference.

I'm not expecting a refund of the difference, but an additional charge kinda stinks?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Guys, I just went online to change my registration from a full marathon to the half, and they want to change me for the change, and no refund to the difference.

Is this normal? Wellington let me change for free and will refund the difference.

I'm not expecting a refund of the difference, but an additional charge kinda stinks?

Yeah, unfortunately that is common. In my experience, past a certain date they will charge for changing races.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll Sorry for your loss. It never gets easier, even though we know it will happen for everyone.

@Avidkeo I’ve never changed a race myself, but I have seen where they would not provide a refund for changing. It stinks!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day, but I couldn’t sit still, so I did just half an hour on the stationary bike for something.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

Yeah, unfortunately that is common. In my experience, past a certain date they will charge for changing races.

Yes, that is normal for every race I have had to try a change in.

The reason is often in part because the price of the race itself has gone up since you registered. That and it is an administrative mess if too many people do it, so the charge discourages people from being willy-nilly about it.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    4 miles this morning. Another hot one (81F), but humidity better (66%), and dew point only 70F.

exercise.png
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7-1 7k slow
    7-2 7k slow
    7-3 7k between slow and easy
    7-4 7k ditto
    7-5 7k closer to easy
    7-6 rest
    7-7 7k slow
    7-8 7k easy
    7-9 7k slow
    7-10 7k slow
    7-11 7k easy
    7-12 7k slow
    7-13 rest
    7-14 7k slow
    7-15 rest
    7-16 7k closer to easy than slow

July Total: 91k
    July Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k

2020 Total through June: 1056k / 176k per month

Cloudy, low 70s F, and humid today. If the sun had been out I think it would have been very difficult. Back hurt last night from golf, but it popped during the night and was fine this morning. The first k today was the most enjoyable run I've had in a long time. Niggles started catching up later, but it was still nice to run virtually pain free. I had almost forgotten what that felt like.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    0716-5k, total-40.2k goal-80k

It was hot and sunny. Yep, pretty bad.

@janejellyroll Feeling for you. I don't think we are ever really ready to let go.
    @katharmonic That sounds brutal! Kudos for finishing the workout.
  • I_Want_A_Donut
    I_Want_A_Donut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 3.27 miles
    7/2 - 2.18 miles
    7/5 - 3.08 miles
    7/7 - 2.28 miles
    7/8 - 2.83 miles
    7/9 - 3.00 miles
    7/10 - 2.00 miles
    7/12 - 3.30 miles
    7/13 - 3.00 miles
    7/14 - 3.10 miles
    7/15 - 3.33 miles

exercise.png
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

Yes, that is normal for every race I have had to try a change in.

The reason is often in part because the price of the race itself has gone up since you registered. That and it is an administrative mess if too many people do it, so the charge discourages people from being willy-nilly about it.

Sigh I get that. I'd happily forgo the difference, it's the extra charge that stings.

Adds insult to injury 😉

Exercise bike arrives today, yay.