Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    ImChipper wrote: »
    Oh man, I read all these comments and have gotten those!

When I was losing weight with my wedding as a goal, I got A LOT of unwelcome comments.

"If you turn sideways you'll be invisible!"
    "Don't lose TOO much weight." (Don't put those impossible standards on me- you seem to be screwed if you do and screwed if you don't)

"You can stop now."
    "Don't drink too much water."
    "You should live a little." (Because I refused any more truck stop candy bars)

This makes me want to make a thread for snappy comebacks to silly comments! If someone said to me "you should live a little," it would be hard to resist saying "I AM! Do you have any idea how good I feel?"

I love that comeback! I may "borrow it" next time I need it. ;)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    I was talking to my mom earlier, and she was telling me about a woman she knows who has lost A LOT of weight, and of course she made the comment that this woman has lost too much. I tried to make the point that it's just in comparison to what she used to look like. She wasn't having any of that. "Well, she looked better a couple months ago." (Eye roll.) I just can't wait until I get down further; I'm guessing anything below 200 will seem too thin to her.

I'll get those comments too. When my uncle lost a lot of weight to help with health issues he had developed, that was mom's comment then, even though I thought he looked fine - skinnier than I was used to, but not unhealthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!