What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Clive_1963
    Clive_1963 Posts: 52 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Nobody told me I'd get sore shoulders from wearing my camera backpack while hiking. Seriously, it's day two of my holiday and I don't know how my shoulders will get through the next 5 days :anguished:

I know that feeling, if I take my backpack when I go hiking with my camera I end up taking too much gear. Camera and battery pack plus 100mm-400mm lens and a 150mm-600mm lens and extra batteries and filters oh and a 90mm macro lens and tripod.
    Then my camel-bag with 2 liters of water.
    I need to buy a donkey.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,090 Member
    Clive_1963 wrote: »
    Nobody told me I'd get sore shoulders from wearing my camera backpack while hiking. Seriously, it's day two of my holiday and I don't know how my shoulders will get through the next 5 days :anguished:

I know that feeling, if I take my backpack when I go hiking with my camera I end up taking too much gear. Camera and battery pack plus 100mm-400mm lens and a 150mm-600mm lens and extra batteries and filters oh and a 90mm macro lens and tripod.
    I need to buy a donkey.

I don't have enough willpower to lug all my equipment around, lol, and my BF doesn't like me to spend too much time taking pictures anyway. My pack yesterday was only 4kg! Stupid 'bony' shoulders!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    My pack yesterday was only 4kg! Stupid 'bony' shoulders!

Could you pad the straps? That is what I tend to do. Wrap a t-shirt round them, perhaps?
  • Lietchi
    charmmeth wrote: »

Could you pad the straps? That is what I tend to do. Wrap a t-shirt round them, perhaps?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look around to see if I have anything usable.
  • Lietchi
    edited July 2020
    Double post.
  • Clive_1963
    Clive_1963 Posts: 52 Member
    charmmeth wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look around to see if I have anything usable.

If I just take the camera and lens attached I hook it to a belt I got from Aliexpress. I grabbed a small belt clip to hold it which allows me to grab it when needed otherwise it hangs from my waste. Having a lot of problems with a 30 year old whiplash anything straining my neck hurts.rdu7jsznounw.jpg
  • Lietchi

I need to buy a donkey.

I don't have enough willpower to lug all my equipment around, lol, and my BF doesn't like me to spend too much time taking pictures anyway. My pack yesterday was only 4kg! Stupid 'bony' shoulders!

Time to trade your BF in then. My wife does not object when I go walk abouts for 3-4 hours with my camera. She's probably happy for the peace and quiet lol.

We're hiking together :wink: He doesn't like it when we stop too often, breaks the rhythm. Especially if I want to do macro photography, 20 or 30 shots of the same butterfly to make sure I have a decent picture :lol:
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member

I need to buy a donkey.

Time to trade your BF in then. My wife does not object when I go walk abouts for 3-4 hours with my camera. She's probably happy for the peace and quiet lol.

We're hiking together :wink: He doesn't like it when we stop too often, breaks the rhythm. Especially if I want to do macro photography, 20 or 30 shots of the same butterfly to make sure I have a decent picture :lol:

This is so me. XD My husband has gotten used to me stopping to take a million pictures. On the bright side, I have some amazing pictures that I will someday get printed on metal to hang.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Right back at you, @TheLastMrBig. <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!