Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• ZenDreamZenDream Member Posts: 187 Member Member Posts: 187 Member
    Happy almost the weekend everyone.
  • jamilwilliamsjamilwilliams Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member
    Hello -- 47 years old, born & raised in Louisiana (land of phenomenal -- and fattening -- food). Feel free to add me! I am a type 2 diabetic and have lost 46 pounds so far. Off my diabetes meds, by doctor's order, and enjoying a new way of eating. Always looking for great exercise ideas!
  • RandJ6280RandJ6280 Member Posts: 1,111 Member Member Posts: 1,111 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm not a newbie but I've been absent for quite some time. I want to get back on the fitness wagon and I feel really excited to get going; especially having the MFP community interaction, which is pretty powerful. <3

Welcome Siouxsie - there is enough room in this old wagon for you to come back lol.
    ZenDream wrote: »
    Happy almost the weekend everyone.

It IS Friday Eve ~ and that is a good place to start.
    Hello -- 47 years old, born & raised in Louisiana (land of phenomenal -- and fattening -- food). Feel free to add me! I am a type 2 diabetic and have lost 46 pounds so far. Off my diabetes meds, by doctor's order, and enjoying a new way of eating. Always looking for great exercise ideas!

Well hi there ~ and greetings from Alabama ~
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 9,033 Member Member Posts: 9,033 Member
    Another birthday!! My wife's, not mine. :)
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 246,986 Member Member Posts: 246,986 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Happy Birthday to your wife Tony 🥳 :)
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 9,033 Member Member Posts: 9,033 Member

Thank you. When is yours?
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 246,986 Member Member Posts: 246,986 Member

Thank you. When is yours?

Mine was a couple of weeks ago 🙂
  • JDavid007JDavid007 Member Posts: 335 Member Member Posts: 335 Member
    My name is Dave, I have been here a long time and had lots of success when active in the community and with my friends. But as many I have fallen again. I think I sat over 2 years feeling sorry for myself...lol. I just could not push myself back. I feel ashamed I have over 3000 days of logging in but that has always been my life line to keep hope that I would do what I am doing now and get back. I had a lot of friends and I was very active with most. But since I fell off I removed most of them. It was not fair to them. So I am reluctant to ask for more friends but if I commit I probably will get back at it. If I return to my old self you will not be disappointed with my activity and support. Add me and lets get healthy.
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member Posts: 213 Member Member Posts: 213 Member
    JDavid007 wrote: »
    My name is Dave, I have been here a long time and had lots of success when active in the community and with my friends. But as many I have fallen again. I think I sat over 2 years feeling sorry for myself...lol. I just could not push myself back. I feel ashamed I have over 3000 days of logging in but that has always been my life line to keep hope that I would do what I am doing now and get back. I had a lot of friends and I was very active with most. But since I fell off I removed most of them. It was not fair to them. So I am reluctant to ask for more friends but if I commit I probably will get back at it. If I return to my old self you will not be disappointed with my activity and support. Add me and lets get healthy.

We've been friends for most of those 3000 days. I know you can do this! 2020 has been tough, but we're going to finish it strong. 🤗
  • LyallatronLyallatron Member Posts: 32 Member Member Posts: 32 Member
    37 here. Feel free to add me! Happy to cheer you on and receive it back! 👍
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 35,714 Member Member Posts: 35,714 Member
    JDavid007 wrote: »

We all fall off from time to time but it's getting back on that counts.
  • HeyitsJustAlyHeyitsJustAly Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Hiya! 49 year old mom here, looking to lose some weight that I regained after an 80 lb weight loss. Would love new friends :)
  • ginny_t_is_meginny_t_is_me Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    37 here! Been a member since forever but need to get back in a groove. I'm great at working out 5 days a week, not so good at facing my food demons.
    37 here! Been a member since forever but need to get back in a groove. I'm great at working out 5 days a week, not so good at facing my food demons.

I feel the same way ~ first of all welcome. I can workout and I'll do good on my food... then... that demon comes out in the form of bad food choices.... yikes.
    Hiya! 49 year old mom here, looking to lose some weight that I regained after an 80 lb weight loss. Would love new friends :)

Hey there Aly ~ welcome to the group. We are a great bunch of people here... .so come on in, slip your shoes off and enjoy the craziness of us older folks lol.
    Lyallatron wrote: »
    37 here. Feel free to add me! Happy to cheer you on and receive it back! 👍

Welcome brother ~

Yes wish her happy happy belated B-day. I still have two months before I hit my next b-day.
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

Yes wish her happy happy belated B-day. I still have two months before I hit my next b-day.

39? 😀

Good morning middle-agers 🙂

39? 😀

Of course same as the last 19 years :D;)

39? 😀

Of course same as the last 19 years :D;)

😂
    I like the way you think.