The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Good morning middle agers. :) Hump day is looking good so far, the rain has finally stopped and it's looking like we might even get some sun.
    I hope you are all having a great day and take it easy on the tacos eh, it is Tuesday for you guys after all 😄🌮🌮

Good day Jo ~ as the rain ends there ~ so it begins here.... down deep South of Alabama. While I don't mind walking in the rain, in fact I find it refreshing, calming and down right fun.... I don't want to get struck by lightning. So today's physical work shall be done inside. lol.

I actually quite like some rainy days, especially if I have no chores and can huddle up on the lounge with a blanket, some popcorn and a good movie.. blisssss

Yeah, don't get struck by lightning, I hear that's no fun 😄
    Good morning middle-agers HHD 🐪🐫

Now you're talking my kind of day.... while I don't get many days like that, where there is nothing to do, and raining. lol. Yes... bonus points if it's mid-afternoon, dark clouds and rain falling - popcorn (butter and light salt lol) have it cool in the house so that you can be under a blanket and not be hot.... a good movie.... and perhaps.... drift off to sleep.... awwww sheer bliss indeed
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    Morning all.
    I normally do yoga before breakfast on a Thursday morning, through a Zoom class. I logged on two minutes late, and 15 minutes later I was still waiting in the virtual lobby. So I gave up on the yoga, and went for a walk instead. So I got to 10,000 steps before breakfast - it's something I may do more frequently, as I quite enjoyed it.

A young buck wandered across the path at one point.t5vf7v52e2r3.jpg

That's beautiful I think the wall would trump yoga if you get to see animals.

I gave up on a step counter because I'd almost always have 10k steps before lunch. I realized I'm more active than I thought
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Happy almost the weekend everyone.
  • jamilwilliams
    jamilwilliams Posts: 41 Member
    Hello -- 47 years old, born & raised in Louisiana (land of phenomenal -- and fattening -- food). Feel free to add me! I am a type 2 diabetic and have lost 46 pounds so far. Off my diabetes meds, by doctor's order, and enjoying a new way of eating. Always looking for great exercise ideas!
  • RandJ6280
    Hi everyone! I'm not a newbie but I've been absent for quite some time. I want to get back on the fitness wagon and I feel really excited to get going; especially having the MFP community interaction, which is pretty powerful. <3

Welcome Siouxsie - there is enough room in this old wagon for you to come back lol.
    ZenDream wrote: »
    Happy almost the weekend everyone.

It IS Friday Eve ~ and that is a good place to start.
    Hello -- 47 years old, born & raised in Louisiana (land of phenomenal -- and fattening -- food). Feel free to add me! I am a type 2 diabetic and have lost 46 pounds so far. Off my diabetes meds, by doctor's order, and enjoying a new way of eating. Always looking for great exercise ideas!

Well hi there ~ and greetings from Alabama ~
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Another birthday!! My wife's, not mine. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Happy Birthday to your wife Tony 🥳 :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

Thank you. When is yours?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Thank you. When is yours?

Mine was a couple of weeks ago 🙂
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    My name is Dave, I have been here a long time and had lots of success when active in the community and with my friends. But as many I have fallen again. I think I sat over 2 years feeling sorry for myself...lol. I just could not push myself back. I feel ashamed I have over 3000 days of logging in but that has always been my life line to keep hope that I would do what I am doing now and get back. I had a lot of friends and I was very active with most. But since I fell off I removed most of them. It was not fair to them. So I am reluctant to ask for more friends but if I commit I probably will get back at it. If I return to my old self you will not be disappointed with my activity and support. Add me and lets get healthy.
  • Lyallatron
    Lyallatron Posts: 32 Member
    37 here. Feel free to add me! Happy to cheer you on and receive it back! 👍
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    JDavid007 wrote: »
    My name is Dave, I have been here a long time and had lots of success when active in the community and with my friends. But as many I have fallen again. I think I sat over 2 years feeling sorry for myself...lol. I just could not push myself back. I feel ashamed I have over 3000 days of logging in but that has always been my life line to keep hope that I would do what I am doing now and get back. I had a lot of friends and I was very active with most. But since I fell off I removed most of them. It was not fair to them. So I am reluctant to ask for more friends but if I commit I probably will get back at it. If I return to my old self you will not be disappointed with my activity and support. Add me and lets get healthy.

We all fall off from time to time but it's getting back on that counts.
  • HeyitsJustAly
    HeyitsJustAly Posts: 15 Member
    Hiya! 49 year old mom here, looking to lose some weight that I regained after an 80 lb weight loss. Would love new friends :)
  • ginny_t_is_me
    ginny_t_is_me Posts: 4 Member
    37 here! Been a member since forever but need to get back in a groove. I'm great at working out 5 days a week, not so good at facing my food demons.
  • RandJ6280
    37 here! Been a member since forever but need to get back in a groove. I'm great at working out 5 days a week, not so good at facing my food demons.

I feel the same way ~ first of all welcome. I can workout and I'll do good on my food... then... that demon comes out in the form of bad food choices.... yikes.
  • RandJ6280
    Hiya! 49 year old mom here, looking to lose some weight that I regained after an 80 lb weight loss. Would love new friends :)

Hey there Aly ~ welcome to the group. We are a great bunch of people here... .so come on in, slip your shoes off and enjoy the craziness of us older folks lol.
  • RandJ6280
    Lyallatron wrote: »
    37 here. Feel free to add me! Happy to cheer you on and receive it back! 👍

Welcome brother ~
  • RandJ6280

Yes wish her happy happy belated B-day. I still have two months before I hit my next b-day.