WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

1105106107108109111»

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member

This morning is another “Bright, bright, sunshiney day.” DH is still sleeping & the dog is asleep beside me as I write. I tried a Chocolate Mint experiment yesterday. I put a fresh chocolate mint leaf into my coffee. Not much to crow about. The dried chocolate mint leaf was/is more potent & I like it MUCH better in my coffee. I bet it will be fabulous in a cup of hot chocolate. I’ll test that theory next winter. I've spent the ast hour or so getting my login straightened out. NOT FUN. The good news is that I finally made it here via laptop.

Katla in Beauftiful NW Oregon
    [/quote]

It is very good in a cup of tea(or as the tea for an herbal tea/no caffeine)
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Faye, Barbie starts us off, you will see the link later today.
    At work, but using my phone so will be brief. I was .4 lb less at the end of July than the beginning. I know I was retaining water so not going to sweat it. I'm lower this morning than the last few days, have managed to get more fluid in me to try to flush the system.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    well I had a nap and feel refreshed thank goodness.. going down to the local winery to meet my old coworkers,,im driving so I can leave when I want..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    My computer is working the way I want it to work. I feel better about it. I contacted apple support and had someone walk me through what needed to be done. It is now doing what I want it to do. YAY! That said, the first person I talked to at apple didn't seem to know anything about apple computers. He wanted to sell me an ipad. I didn't want to buy something different. I wanted MY computer to work and now it is working just fine. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,329 Member
    Reached the end of another month working from home. There are parts of it I like better than being in the office, but I do move around more when I am in the office. Even the trips to the printer help with movement. I am making myself move more often during the day instead of just planting myself in front of computer.

Met with trainer at gym this afternoon. Changed up what she has me doing. Still focusing on core strength, balance and arm strength. Will take a couple of visits to get used to new routine. Muscles are pleasantly sore, if you know what I mean-I know I exercised them but not painful. The real test will be tomorrow morning.

Weekend plans are to continue working on painting window frames and hopefully get a couple of the new curtain rods ups.

Tired tonight-going to watch some tv and maybe go into bed early.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,818 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good morning,

Looking for insight....I have a friend that has lost a lot of weight in only 4 months. Last night she said they (her and husband) are 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carbs. Not calorie counting. Just macros. This just doesn't seem healthy to me and am concerned. I undertand that lots of bloodwork has come back better due to weight loss, but is this really a healthy lifestyle change? Not judging, just concerned. Insights appreciated.

Kylia in Ohio really not wanting to go to work, yet thankful I have a job

That is almost Keto. I’ve been doing that for almost 2 years now and never felt better. Those macros eliminate sugar and flour. Just those two gone will amaze you. There are lots of thing to replace them with. Very healthy diet. It is what my doctor has my DH and me on. Check out dietdoctor.com for research and mor info on those macros.

RV Rita
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💛🌛
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    👋🌻🍉