The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Another birthday!! My wife's, not mine. :)

Happy Birthday to your wife Tony 🥳 :)

Yes wish her happy happy belated B-day. I still have two months before I hit my next b-day.

39? 😀

Good morning middle-agers 🙂
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member

Yes wish her happy happy belated B-day. I still have two months before I hit my next b-day.

39? 😀

Of course same as the last 19 years :D;)
  • slimgirljo15

39? 😀

😂
    I like the way you think.
  • ShawnT216
    ShawnT216 Posts: 10 Member
    51yrs young feel free to add me so we can encourage each other
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    It's August!!! New month! Hope everyone has a great end of summer
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Restarted MFP after a break, another injury. On the Mens health 10 day challenge to lose weight in 10 days. So far day 7 i'm down 2+. The author went down 6 but his output far greater than mine. Still I wanted to move the needle. . In three more days perhaps a solid three pounds. I need to lose around 15 all together.He cut his cals down, increased walking to 15-20,000 steps a day, which is like 12 miles..... and kept his protein levels around 1 gram per pound of body weight. When working out years ago on p90x macros of 50-30-20 protein carbs fat seemed to work for me. Thats what i'm doing. Ill continue after ten days but wanted to move the needle haha.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Just wanted to get this off my chest you dont need to answer but I have found it's best to not bottle things up for my well being.

A difficult few days my hubby is great and I love him to pieces but he can be volatile and moody which can be quite stressful, I have learned over the years when to keep quite or stay out of the way, it's not physical just verbal or continued silences The other day we got up and I am not sure why but he was moody everything I did was wrong so I stayed out of the way that made matters worse. Today so far it's like walking on egg shells , its physically draining as it used to bo ok when I was working, I know a lots of it is his painful joints and hay fever and frustration due to his age and not being able to do things but hey ho I guess I will just grit my teeth.

Hopefully no-one minds me sharing this I feel better getting it off my chest already!
  • AliNouveau
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Just wanted to get this off my chest you dont need to answer but I have found it's best to not bottle things up for my well being.

A difficult few days my hubby is great and I love him to pieces but he can be volatile and moody which can be quite stressful, I have learned over the years when to keep quite or stay out of the way, it's not physical just verbal or continued silences The other day we got up and I am not sure why but he was moody everything I did was wrong so I stayed out of the way that made matters worse. Today so far it's like walking on egg shells , its physically draining as it used to bo ok when I was working, I know a lots of it is his painful joints and hay fever and frustration due to his age and not being able to do things but hey ho I guess I will just grit my teeth.

Hopefully no-one minds me sharing this I feel better getting it off my chest already!

Have you ever thought of seeking therapy for yourself and him? That is really no way to live. You shouldn't have to basically live in fear of upsetting your husband. I hope you can find some help for this situation
  • annliz23
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Have you ever thought of seeking therapy for yourself and him? That is really no way to live. You shouldn't have to basically live in fear of upsetting your husband. I hope you can find some help for this situation

Thanks he wouldn't go anyway, normally I cope fine it will blow over I just have to find ways to keep occupied when he gets like it and remind myself it's his problem not mine!
  • slimgirljo15

Thanks he wouldn't go anyway, normally I cope fine it will blow over I just have to find ways to keep occupied when he gets like it and remind myself it's his problem not mine!

Life is too short to be miserable, but only you can say what you'll put up with. Big hugs for you 🤗 vent anytime 🙂
  • annliz23

Life is too short to be miserable, but only you can say what you'll put up with. Big hugs for you 🤗 vent anytime 🙂

Thanks!
  • slimgirljo15

Thanks!

🙂

I love your pp..I have poodles too. What's your dogs names?
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    Ugh I guess I’m finally part of the middle agers group.....well...it’s good to be here people!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

39? 😀

Cracked up when I read your comment, Tony. And then flashed on this old Jerry Lee Lewis tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiGDlj4VbW4
  • annliz23

Thanks!

🙂

I love your pp..I have poodles too. What's your dogs names?

Poppy (black one) shecis nearly 6 years old and Alfie (apricot) 3 years old. Thanks
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member

39? 😀

I was 36 for a LONG LONG time. At my last birthday, I decided I probably could let myself be 42. So that's what it is for now. Garmin tells me my fitness age is actually less than that, so woo hoo. I guess I can just be my fitness age and be sub-40 instead of over 50. Nah. I'll just stick with 42.

I have a buddy that started counting backwards at 50.
  • AliNouveau
    I to take a fitness walk today....I differentiate walks. We do adventure walks where we find something to explore, family walks which are slow and fit was walks where I typically go 5km as fast as I can. I added 100m light jogs to it today to test the knee and I managed to get the time under 40 minutes. While walking I decided i will make an August fitness challenge. So I'm challenging myself to do some sort of workout most days and get into shape.by September 1... we'll see how long it lasts