Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515, I'm glad the extra calories are working for you. Who knew you could lose weight by eating more lol. I'm so used to sticking to 1200 cals that now I feel I have loads of calories, almost too many. I still feel odd when I have a dessert as I have so many calories left to use.

Yes, this! Happy me :mrgreen:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap R 8/6 ~ working from home
    1) Walk dog before work B) 4.76 miles loving these perfect mornings = happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor) / 5 somethings :smiley: 13/14 (concert)
    3) Supper ordered for concert / net cals green / 14c water :) had to guessitmate supper net cals 33 & 12c water
    4) Transfer electronic records (can't wait to get new laptop w/ VPN from work) / GA-ROP updates / webinar 2:00 - 3:00 (pace) / remember to email "working from home" daily update :) x4
    5) GBBG concert (reservation 5:30 & pick up box supper) :) / enjoy (meeting up w/ old high school friend I haven't seen in decades) :smiley: fabulous time just flew by!
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ / floss :s / retainers :s / eye drops :) / set 6:20 alarm (walk dog before work from home) :)

JFT F 8/7 ~ working from home
    1) Walk dog before work B) 4.16 miles on another perfect morning = happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings
    3) Net cals green / 14c water
    4) Finalize GA-ROP / GA-IT progress / Facebook Live noon / submit daily/weekly updates / organize papers & electronics for office on Mon. / system back-up
    5) Laundry (one load hanging outside already) / refill bird feeders :) / meal plan & grocery list / updated bank accts & financial s/s / one other chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / eye drops / set 6:45 alarm (farmers market is getting busier)

Enjoyed another gorgeous morning walking dog. This has been a week of what I consider perfect summer weather: warm, sunny days, cool nights, comfortable humidity, maybe a light breeze. Forecast is for humidity to climb later today, toasty hot & humid over weekend, with possible storms. I am grateful for the perfect days.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday August 6
    1L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - >:)
    No Chips - >:)
    Gratitude journal - :)

JFT - Friday August 7
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    No Chips
    Gratitude journal

We had a baby shower/meeting for our dietitian who is going on maternity leave yesterday. They had some beautiful looking sandwiches but all of them had either mayo, mustard or some cranberry mayo on them and I don't eat any of that stuff, so I ended up eating some veggies, cheese, pepperoni sticks, a fruit kabob and chips. I didn't log all of it, because I wasn't sure how. Then I got home and hubby decided we should order pizza for supper. Yesterday was a bit of a flop.

@Bex953172 - I have painted two sets of cupboards that were laminate, there are kits available that gives you all of the prep instructions, primer and everything. When I did mine I used the Bullseye Primer that @littleblackskirt mentioned one time and the other time I used melamine paint. It is all in the prep work though!

@cesse47 - I think it is probably that you can't use the bedroom set you love that is making you resist wanting to do anything in your room. Can you bring some of your pieces in to your room?

@cschmitz110515 - I think I need to look at my calories too. I do know what I need to do, but I'm just struggling to do it. With all of this Covid stuff and the stress at work it's not easy to not reach for all of the comfort foods I like.

@SERmom3 - I love the colour! That is a lot of work. It's one of those things though that when you get one spot looking good, you'll notice the others that need attention more.

@teigansdad - Your M&M's is my chips. I can't resist them.

@pridesabtch - I have been trying to figure out for a while now what you do? Are you an engineer of some kind?

@mytime6630 - I love cinnamon rolls, I wish I was closer you could get rid of some. I would gladly take some of those calories from you. That is probably one of my favourite sweet treats.

@littleblackskirt - The prime minister should have been more specific. It is a cold dreary day here today too, it was 30 Celsius yesterday and 13 this morning. It's a big drop.

@bex953172 - I feel for you, but it brings back some memories. My girls got hold of a bingo dauber one time and coloured the wallpaper with it. Lauryn "cleaned" my carpet with a big container of Parmesan cheese. I get it, kids are so disrespectful of things and property. I did a couple of things that seemed to help a bit, I made them help clean every single mess. Of course they didn't do it well and I had to do it properly after they left the room (never in front of them) but I would make them anyway so they could see the work involved, it also kept them from their fun so it was a bit of a punishment. Another thing I did was give them an allowance and made them "pay" for their damages. My girls loved to go to yard/garage sales on the weekend and they soon learned that a quarter was a lot of money to lose when they could buy something for a quarter.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    @Faebert, what a coincidence, I was just thinking of you this morning! I was wondering if you were having to teach through the pandemic, sounds like your work has been quite a nightmare!

It's nice to see you back again, glad you're feeling better.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,314 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi lovely JFTers, I’m not sure how many of you will remember me - it’s been so long!

Of course we remember you!! So glad you are back and getting things sorted out.

@Snowflake1968 I’m a Chemist and a quality manager at DuPont. I have responsibility for all technical issues in the lab, and also the quality aspects for the labs.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely JFTers, I’m not sure how many of you will remember me - it’s been so long!

I’m sorry I’ve been awol. I’ve been on MFP and have kept this group marked as a favourite to try and stay in touch. But I lost my way a bit and just felt that I couldnt keep up with a daily forum. Basically, for those that remember, the mastectomy knocked me for six. It left me completely lacking in physical and emotional strength and it was a battle just to get back to full time work and start to make my way back to fitness. Then came the pandemic!!

Work has been insane (juggling teaching key worker kids then small ‘bubbles’ in school at the same time as planning and assessing work for my own full class who were stuck at home, and trying to juggle my own children who were in smaller bubbles of their own with different start and end times, plus no childcare!! I’m sure others have had the same.

Anyway, I’ve survived it, I’ve worked my way back to running or strength training 6 days a week and am about 8 pounds away from where I want to be weight wise. It’s the summer holidays here in the UK and I think I’ve finally come to a place where I can find a bit more time for me again.

Can I rejoin you guys?? Have missed you all so much xx

I'm so happy to see you back, @Faebert! Just like @littleblackskirt , I was just thinking of you this morning also! I've been MIA a lot since pandemic furlough and then the permanent loss of my job, and I am trying to make this a routine part of my morning because it helps me so much and I really miss everyone when I'm not here catching up. I think of you often! :flowerforyou:

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @SERmom3 I love Dave Ramsey. His baby steps helped me get on track a lot. Now that my job was eliminated, I've been thinking about going back and reading his book again since our monthly income has changed so much! Thanks for the reminder!

@Bex953172 I did much like @Snowflake1968 did. I made the kids clean it up with me and waited until they were done to do it the right way! LOL. They hated it and I had to listen to temper tantrums while I made them do it, but after a few times, they thought about it before doing it again. Kids are so awesome but they're also so draining! I love my grands, but I can only take the for a few hours at a time before I'm exausted! (But I'm old....and I have 18 of them...)

@littleblackskirt Is it you that was talking about being able to paint on laminate? I'm thinking about painting the top of the bar we have in our finished basement. I really dislike the counter top that is on it. But it's a shiny material. Is that something that can be painted? I'm not very handy around the house and not sure if laminate is the shiny material or not...?
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Friday 7th August

Log everything yes, although had to guess the chocolate cake
    Stay in the green surprisingly yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    5 fruit and veg 5
    Walk 40 minutes
    Housework/sort out dining table yes, but not table
    Load car yes

I like the area I live in...today I was going to the shop and a woman I didn't know approached me and said she's seen me walking past her house, sometimes twice a day, and sometimes after dark. She asked if I was all right as she was concerned and told me which house she lived in. Some people might think that's nosy but I like to think of it as friendly. I had to tell her I'm just trying to exercise. So she'll be waving from now on lol.

Busy weekend coming up, so probably won't be logging. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

@littleblackskirt Is it you that was talking about being able to paint on laminate? I'm thinking about painting the top of the bar we have in our finished basement. I really dislike the counter top that is on it. But it's a shiny material. Is that something that can be painted? I'm not very handy around the house and not sure if laminate is the shiny material or not...?

Yes you can paint on laminate, there is lots online giving tips and advice.
    From experience I think the first thing to consider is what kind of use the item you want to paint will get. The more it's used, the more careful you have to be so the paint doesn't chip off. More sanding/primer/extra top coats etc.

Hope you recover from your fall quickly!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - It's so nice to see you back. I didn't think of you this morning, but have thought about you!

@PackerFanInGB - I find my Grands exhausting too, especially the youngest one. She still needs entertained a lot. On the 15-16-17 of August we are keeping them for three nights to give their parents a bit of a break, but I am getting their Aunt to help me out one night!

I have painted three countertops. I haven't found a great solution yet, but the last one I did has lasted the longest without chipping. I used polyurethane to seal the paint and it worked well. I had to let it dry for about 5 days though before it wasn't sticky.

@pridesabtch - that sounds like an interesting job.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ouch!!! Had a bit of a tumble on our coastal walk this afternoon. Scraped the front of my shin. It's developing a fetching multi coloured bruise. No permanent damage, but will hurt for a few days. 😂

🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡🎍🌳🍄 AUGUST🍄🌳🎍🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2
      Phew!!! Weight has dropped below 150 again.

August Daily Goals: Week 1
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅
      Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅
      Weight < 150: ✅
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.3
      Calories < in the green 🦄
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 8708
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 72
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 12
      Activities I got to do
      Meditation🦄 Exercise🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️
      Leg circuits🦄
      Walk along the coastal path🏃‍♀️
      Chores🙄Minimal.
      Writing Journal📝
      Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)
      Crochet 🦄 Puzzles ✅ Watch TV🖥
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
      Options
      @littleblackskirt
      You are now officially the Paint Master.

🤣🤣🤣
    • TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
      edited August 2020
      Options
      @Faebert wrote

Of course I remember you. Glad to see you posting again.
    • cschmitz110515
      Options

Anyway, I’ve survived it, I’ve worked my way back to running or strength training 6 days a week and am about 8 pounds away from where I want to be weight wise. It’s the summer holidays here in the UK and I think I’ve finally come to a place where I can find a bit more time for me again.

Can I rejoin you guys?? Have missed you all so much xx

Hi @Faebert welcome back! So happy to see you again!
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      Options
      JFT Saturday
      1. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
      2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run: 3 miles
      3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. PACK LUNCHES FOR SUNDAY. CV?
      4. Lunch: bibimbap. Write a blog post - album? Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort
      5. Write a letter. Dinner: leftovers. Set up extra credit letter project.
      6. Color! 1 hr reading. WRITE STORY. Breathe. SHOW TONIGHT!
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
      8. Writing: Album post. Message Z. Need to work on unit plan for research.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? Friday visit parents - take photos. MH Monday check-in; Whatever Wednesday AMA. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Meet with Z&M Sun Aug 9 Stone Fort.

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      End of June: 192.2
      End of July: 188.6
      Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
      7. Theater: 1984.
      8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
      12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      Options
      FRIDAY:
      - log everything and stay green🔴
      - Clean fish tank (poor fish!)🟢
      - Budget update🟢
      - Dining room🟢
      - Paint🔴

I skipped painting yesterday, but it was for a good reason. I had a last minute visit from the little boy I used to take care of. His mom and brother all came for the afternoon and it was great to see them all. My girls were so excited!

JFT SATURDAY:
      - log everything / stay green
      - Paint (if the weather is good enough)
      - Practice music for church and wedding

Have a great weekend!
    • PackerFanInGB
      Options

Just for Today (8/7/2020)
      • Fill out NoBS 24H Plan :smile:
      • 64+ oz H2O :smile:
      • 30 minutes activity - break into segments to avoid hurting myself :naughty:
      • Readings for the Day :smile:
      • Continue working on my space in basement. Watch some YouTube videos on painting bar counter top. Ask T to move his mounts into his space in the workshop so I can girly it up more. :naughty:
      • Log everything :smile:
      • Research Apple watch :smile: Ongoing. Still can't figure out the problem.
      • Evening Routine. Start by 8 pm so you can be in bed by 9, sleeping by 10:30 or 11:00. :smile:

Dang! I had this all typed out and it disappeared. Starting over.

Hoping to get more done in the Lady's Lair today. Trying to think of a different fun name for my new space but right now Lady's Lair it is... Any ideas of paint colors to brighten up a darker space that only has one small window and a few fluorescent lights in the ceiling? I have to paint over paneling on one wall, and the walls are poured cement. Suggestions welcome!

Just for Today (8/8/2020)
      • Fill out NoBS 24H Plan
      • 64+ oz H2O
      • 30 minutes activity - break into segments to avoid hurting myself
      • Readings for the Day
      • Continue working on my new Lady's Lair downstairs. Watch some YouTube videos on painting bar counter top. Ask T to move his mounts into his space in the workshop so I can girly it up more.
      • Log everything I eat. Pay attention to my +2 hunger scale
      • Research Apple watch
      • Evening Routine. Start by 9 pm so you can be sleeping by 10:30 or 11:00.

WOTY 2020: Persistence

• Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
      Options

Just for Today (8/7/2020)
      • Fill out NoBS 24H Plan :smile:
      • 64+ oz H2O :smile:
      • 30 minutes activity - break into segments to avoid hurting myself :naughty:
      • Readings for the Day :smile:
      • Continue working on my space in basement. Watch some YouTube videos on painting bar counter top. Ask T to move his mounts into his space in the workshop so I can girly it up more. :naughty:
      • Log everything :smile:
      • Research Apple watch :smile: Ongoing. Still can't figure out the problem.
      • Evening Routine. Start by 8 pm so you can be in bed by 9, sleeping by 10:30 or 11:00. :smile:

Dang! I had this all typed out and it disappeared. Starting over.

Hoping to get more done in the Lady's Lair today. Trying to think of a different fun name for my new space but right now Lady's Lair it is... Any ideas of paint colors to brighten up a darker space that only has one small window and a few fluorescent lights in the ceiling? I have to paint over paneling on one wall, and the walls are poured cement. Suggestions welcome!

Just for Today (8/8/2020)
      • Fill out NoBS 24H Plan
      • 64+ oz H2O
      • 30 minutes activity - break into segments to avoid hurting myself
      • Readings for the Day
      • Continue working on my new Lady's Lair downstairs. Watch some YouTube videos on painting bar counter top. Ask T to move his mounts into his space in the workshop so I can girly it up more.
      • Log everything I eat. Pay attention to my +2 hunger scale
      • Research Apple watch
      • Evening Routine. Start by 9 pm so you can be sleeping by 10:30 or 11:00.

WOTY 2020: Persistence

do you have a pic of the room you need to paint?
      I usually have better ideas when i can visualise something haha.
      I'm loving Lady Lair haha
      I bet a Google would come up with some funny ones though haha x