Women 5'4 - 5"5 with results + Pictures

Replies

• carjean24
    carjean24 Posts: 1 Member
    So many inspiring stories! @Tejaco I am 5’4” and 55 y/o and 167 lbs with a goal of 128-132. Would love to know more about your journey. What was successful for you? How long did it take you?
  • healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member
    Inspiration needed!
  • iamomx2
    iamomx2 Posts: 21 Member
    I think you look "onederful"...
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    @MadDogManor Super cute outfit! You look great. Congrats on quitting smoking!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    garlo12 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m 5’4” and I went from 250 to 150lbs.6ahqd86m6cpn.jpeg
    vx9xzz2enrbg.jpeg
    z1oe2zkhtg8d.jpeg

Great Job!!! You look Amazing. Did you do weights you look really toned, you are an inspiration to me, how long did it take you to reach your goal?

Thank you so much!! I did A LOT of strength training along with my cardio. It took me about 2.5 years to lose the weight. Though that is a long time to get to my goal, it helped minimize loose skin for me.
    I now do only 30 mins of cardio 3 x’s a week and mainly focus on strength training.

Best way to do- well done!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    katyoverby wrote: »
    I am always curious about the number of calories people eat per day. Many people who post say they logged food and that really helped with weight loss but noone says about how many calories per day worked for them. I realize it is different for everyone- I'm just curious. Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Calorie intake depends on activity levels and NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis)....so the more active you are and especially if you do heavy weight lifting or resistance training, then potentially the more calories you can eat per day....here is my story in numbers...my goal weight is 140 lbs. I started out at 195.4 lbs in 2012. I am five foot five. I am 46 years old. I am a strongwoman athlete and do mainly heavy compound lifts (barbell), mixed with bodybuilding accessories and conditioning circuit finishers. I train three/four times per week in the gym. Sessions are 60 mins long. I cycle 15 miles a day on an electric bicycle (not on full power, set between quarter and half) to and from work. I cycle 10 miles when I commute to and from the gym. At the moment I eat 2002 calories per day, I weigh in at 155.4 lbs. I started off on 1945 calories per day when I was 173 lbs last year in June. Lowest calories per day was 1700. And I was miserable and feeling hungry.

It is variable and different for everyone. We all have different diets, exercise programmes and macro splits. And I am assuming our personal metabolisms play a part?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!