What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    i would kind of like more summer. can i put in a request? and who can i make a request to?? :)

Good Lord, No.

We've had 8 Days recently hitting 115F or hotter and on-track for 45 days over 110F.

Combine that with zero rainfall and the Covid lockdowns, it's been unrelenting.

The mental health and suicide hotlines have been inundated. (understandably so)

Here locally, I read an article yesterday, that a healthy, 30 year old hiker became disoriented and didn't return from his morning walk; they found his body this morning.

Tempers are short, and people are angry & depressed.

This Summer can't end quick enough.

this is tragic! it's been very hot here too, but we get 8 months of winter of here....extremes of either are not comfortable.... :(
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Well I guess mask aren't all that new to California really...

Last year around this time everyone wore them for a few months because of the fires...

And guess what... States on fire again 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Ushering in the new chapter of 2020... Fire tornadoes 😬
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options

Last year around this time everyone wore them for a few months because of the fires...

isn't "on fire" a season out there?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Usually... We had a pretty spectacular lightning storm last weekend after a miserable heatwave and although it was nice to watch... We all knew what came next...

Seems to be getting worse every year...
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Me: Why don't my friends reach out to me more often?

Also me: Why is she calling me instead of texting? Why so late? Where are my earphones? Meh! I'll text her later
    Options

Usually... We had a pretty spectacular lightning storm last weekend after a miserable heatwave and although it was nice to watch... We all knew what came next...

Seems to be getting worse every year...

I guess everywhere has something. Hope you all stay safe.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    If you are gaining muscle are you more hungry? Is it possible to simultaneously gain muscle and lose fat? Would it be unusual to gain fat while gaining muscle? Had another InBody scan today and it’s on my mind.
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    If you are gaining muscle are you more hungry? Is it possible to simultaneously gain muscle and lose fat? Would it be unusual to gain fat while gaining muscle? Had another InBody scan today and it’s on my mind.

Part 2 is a controversial question and I’m not touching it except to say “recomp.”

Part 1, yes, building muscle requires energy
    Options

I'm just going to say yes, and let someone smarter explain it to you
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

Part 2 is a controversial question and I’m not touching it except to say “recomp.”

What she said.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    I probably should have posted in a more appropriate thread but the people in those threads scare me. I don’t go there any more. Lesson learned, sometimes they’re mean. 😂🙈
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I have a ham and a 7 bone roast out there on my Oklahoma Joe Smoker. People from miles away are pulling into my driveway. Come to find out the perfume from my cookin' is driving them fruitcake nutty. They just can't wait for dinner to be lovingly placed on the table. You see, good food fixes everything. Good food is sharing and caring and love. I'm going to fix all of the other side dishes and I'll be thinking about all of you while I fix them.

You don't know me and we may never ever meet but you're still inside my heart because we're not really strangers after all. <3
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I have a ham and a 7 bone roast out there on my Oklahoma Joe Smoker. People from miles away are pulling into my driveway. Come to find out the perfume from my cookin' is driving them fruitcake nutty. They just can't wait for dinner to be lovingly placed on the table. You see, good food fixes everything. Good food is sharing and caring and love. I'm going to fix all of the other side dishes and I'll be thinking about all of you while I fix them.

You don't know me and we may never ever meet but you're still inside my heart because we're not really strangers after all. <3

so the plates are where?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    You're invited. Bring your appetite. We're going to have dinner tonight out on the picnic table under the pine tree. It's only a crescent moon but I'm going to fix up a mountainbilly light in a bottle with all kinds of twinkly lights. It's Friday, so let's add some libations to the dinner. We'll just shoot the breeze and mill around. You can head on over to the bunkhouse when you're tired or take your sleeping bag and sleep in the top of the barn. That's quite romantic.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I think I was just told to ****off in a polite way.

Eye opening 😏
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options

I've heard different takes on this and it may be different from person to person. But bodybuilders or some fitness people "bulk" to gain that muscle...then "cut" to get rid of fat so you can see muscle...sooo🤷‍♀️

What I've noticed for me is that as long as I'm in a calorie deficit with high enough protein I can lose and build muscle...may just be at a slower rate than a person who works on just 1 area.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @KickTheSky
    Hugs to you, for so many reasons.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

I've heard different takes on this and it may be different from person to person. But bodybuilders or some fitness people "bulk" to gain that muscle...then "cut" to get rid of fat so you can see muscle...sooo🤷‍♀️

What I've noticed for me is that as long as I'm in a calorie deficit with high enough protein I can lose and build muscle...may just be at a slower rate than a person who works on just 1 area.

Yes.