Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Which weight loss method is the most successful?

threewins
threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
I thought that we'd do a comparison of the stats of various weight loss methods. I've never seen a proper comparison done. Let's change that.

First for comparison is Noom, the weight loss app where you get to chat with a 'coach' who will chat with you. Read a review here https://www.nbcnews.com/better/lifestyle/what-you-need-know-about-weight-loss-app-noom-according-ncna996026

Almost 80% lost weight.

Any other weight loss methods you know about?

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Like others have said, it really varies based on person. That's why I think understanding that it's calories in/calories out is so great. Once you know that's all it is, then you can figure out what works for your personality and lifestyle and so will be enjoyable and sustainable. Or if really not sure you can try different things to see if they work for you and not worry if it turns out some approach is not a good fit.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I agree with everyone here; the one you can personally stick to and that you enjoy.

Currently, I am set to lose 1 lb a week and eat 1500 calories a day. I struggle to stay at 1500 without exercising. So I eat what I want (weigh it and track it) in sensible portion sizes and exercise (weights and cardio) to help me lose weight. For me, it is sustainable for life because I did not remove foods that I enjoy. For someone else, they might hate my diet/exercise plan.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,958 Member
    Like @CharlielCURN
    I lost ~35 lbs on my own...then I joined NOOM and lost the final 36-43lbs.

I’m still a member as I’ve got a fantastic coach who is a great help with maintenance.

Note: I also like to do things my own way, so I have logged my food in MyNetDiary for most of the 3 years I’ve been on NOOM. I like the data that gives me.

The UAC & Building Healthy Habit groups + the Maintenance discussion strands + the monthly exercise tracking discussions by @JDMac82 Have all contributed to my 2 year 1 month maintenance after a lifetime of obesity.

I just keep tackling the next thing I need to focus upon & find the resources to help me. Currently Insight Timer (guided meditations) & looking into how carbs effect my glucose adversely.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    The one you can stick to is best for you.