WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Barbara - that is it! Thank you! Happy to read that Joe’s eyes are improving!

Machka - sorry to read your tooth broke. I had to get a crown last year and even with the incredible benefits I have through work I had to pay 400+ out of pocket.

M

Tracey in Edmonton

I have a top of the line dental plan and I still pay around $700 for a crown.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    Sdddds
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    mafery wrote: »
    Hello and Good Morning,

Here I am trying it again. Although I have not stopped, I just lose motivation after 3-5 days and find I do not enjoy things I used to. I was at 155 and then I stopped caring so much and went up to 185 (today's weight). I go from 180-175 lately but this weekend I just ate in excess.

I am now 50 and hope to start caring again and being more focused. I just find I am not as motivated as I once was. My highest weight was 298. I was holding at 160-165 and then my soul dog passed away last May 2019, broken fingers happened trail running in August 2019 and then COVID. I am trying to find my joy again in running or anything.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Hope someone has gone through whatever it is I am going through and has thoughts and maybe ...this too shall pass.

mary

Mary Maybe learn some basic Tai Chi moves. It helped me and still helps me. I do it first thing after rising and helps talk myself out of skipping my workout. It gives me a feeling of self-empowerment and helps my balance both physical and mental for the day ahead. I know it sounds silly, but it helps me see myself as a warrior woman. Helen breaks it down. Don't let the slow moves fool you, they have great benefit. Faye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apIffYvzuS0

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    (((((((((((((((((((((allie)))))))))))))))))))
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    52t2x0w9qfx9.jpeg
    How I feel today! Seldom rains and seldom overcast here but both off and on today! DH been depressed over his Birthday affecting me now. Blah....

Allie—- New England and family always made my depression/anxiety worse. Getting away worked wonders for me but still have to take my anti anxiety/depression meds or get anxiety attacks. Take the meds and resign yourself to needing them. They won’t help to change anything or anybody but make thing more tolerable for you. Please don’t take offense. Just how I feel today and my experience. Do what’s best for you!

RV Rita
  • Faetta
    Options
    PIP You make me want to ride a bike again so bad and regretting selling my old Muddy Fox. I do love that wooden frame bike.
  • Faetta
    Options
    Katla I love your halting stress routine. Such great advice to address issues and never procrastinate.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette- I’m sure you’ll figure out what you want to try for coffee brewing, but one cheap hack is coffee cup - funnel - coffee filter - ground coffee - hot water - sip.

I prefer my French press to other methods so far. Heather’s method is my second favorite.

I’ve been watching French press videos (yawn) and found out that if I use a baster to remove the foam on top before lowering the plunger, and put one or two salt crystals in the brew, it is supposed to make a very smooth, nonbitter, full bodied, clear brew.

lol I think I’m becoming a coffee snob.

Karen in Virginia

>>>
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I had this custom made for kirby for one of his birthday’s when we lived in Tacoma. I had them make the bike green for his Klein bike that he still rides (built 1993). I thought I packed it well enough for the move over here, but it was broken in multiple places. Found a neon sign shop here in Clovis and they were able to repair it!!!!

I love that! What a great idea for a very personal gift.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Pip: I am happy you were able to get Kirby’s Bicyclist light repaired. :bigsmile:

I got my flu shot. It wasn't bad at all. On the way home I bought two small containers of gluten free ice cream. They are my treat for being a good girl & taking the shot. I bought chocolate and lime. I had a taste of the chocolate which was yummy & the lime was great, too. YUM!!! This ice-cream is made by a local vodka distillery. It is gluten free, but is NOT alcohol free. It is also not calorie free. The label says 5% alcohol. It doesn't reveal calorie information. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk/jog w/family- 54.25min, 3.6ap, 3.80mi= 516c
    Apple Watch- 377c
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Barbara – S. Oregon Coastie The naked lady bulbs like dry sunny conditions.. the drier the summer spot and the more full sun the better. I know you have some summer rain/fog, so on a mound that drains well is good.

Kim from N. California