Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I pulled out the bean pants and they’re on their way to becoming compost elsewhere. That is the good news. The bad news is that we still have the tiny ants outside on our windows trying to get hummingbird food. At least they are not in the house again, so far. I spray them with poison, but they don’t seem to disappear. I also have bait traps under the windows. AAARRRGGGHHH! :grumble: I wonder whether we’ll have any cold weather this winter.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    bean plants 🙈
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Need a cite, final 2, wkp4ccq1tz0o.jpeg
    h7cb3ad3to7g.jpeg
    1st
  • pipcd34
    Options
    2nd
    Kirby likes this way or the original way
    jhv2tet41koz.jpeg
    7s3k29eyrp77.jpeg
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Pip Who did that pencil drawing on the wall? I love that kind of art.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Go back to the original way! Loved the chest in front of the window.
  • Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    NEED ADVISE My bestie has decided to try once again to lose weight after her visit to the heart doc. She wants a folding treadmill suitable for walking. She has one knee replaced and is over by 80-100 lbs. I used to keep her thinner with biking and walking, but neither she nor I can bike and she cannot walk far because of lung damage from last year having double pneumonia. She also cannot stand the heat or much cold, so indoors it is for her. She refuses to do my leg lifts or my sashay walk. "After all what does a skinny butt broad know about weight loss?" Her words! She has had 20 different walking exercise machines and she wants something small and foldable that doesn't take up much room. We are headed out to look at one local sports store. Any and all input is appreciated. Stair steppers bother her fake knee, so they are out. She asked my advice and I told her I know nothing as I don't and never have used machines except in physical therapy, however, I do know some ladies that are a gold mine of info on walking machines for weight loss.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip Who did that pencil drawing on the wall? I love that kind of art.
    An old girlfriend of Kirbys. He said she didn’t do it often but when she did she was good at it. She knew kirby loved Einstein so that’s why she did it for him. Said it was done about 30 years ago

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Edie gave us a waist level hug. I think she is finding it all a bit hard. Plus the new au pair. She is very sensitive. <3

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks Pip It looks like watercolor and I love that style. I have done that style using acrylic wash.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    I've been using a kettleball on the ground lately. I just pick up my foot and touch my toes to it, then the other foot. It's a really gentle way to start, depending on how fast you go. You could use a paint can, or anything that won't go flying if you kick it a little. Then to increase the challenge, touch a little higher or faster.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: Our TV is above the fireplace mantle. We can see the fire and watch favorite shows at the same time. We consider it a win/win. I love the photo of your DH and Edie. It is heart-warming. :heart:

Faye: If your friend wants a treadmill, she should be sure that it has a grab bar at the front or on each side. Hopefully it will help protect her from falls. :star:

I’ve shopped already and don’t want to go out again any time soon. I would like to walk the dog in our neighborhood or ride my terra-tryke on its trainer in the garage. I can ride for as long as I want and read a book at the same time. Win-win. :bigsmile: We decided to bring one of them inside in the past. It took up way too much space in the living room. The garage is a good place to ride.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Walked on the treadmill today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kari Anderson Center Floor (this is pilates) DVD

You know, I was looking for a Medicare provider who had a supplement (NOT Advantage) that included Silver Sneakers since I can use SS at any of the gyms I went to. Now I’m thinking that one of the gyms I probably won’t go back to. I was never impressed with their cleanliness. If they weren’t real clean before all this, do I REALLY think they will suddenly be super clean? I think not. Same for the Y. I didn’t like touching the floor. But the one gym I have been going to was ultra-clean before all this so I expected it to continue and it is. The only thing is when we go to FL. But last year the Silver & Fit told me that they can transfer my S&F to another gym. But I wonder how many times you can transfer your membership? I’ll have to find that out.

Rebecca
    – those are lovely lovely pics. I bet they would make a nice gift for newlyweds, the sheet music of “their” song with a picture

Sourdough starter update: still no activity, ordered it from King Arthur yesterday. I’m really looking forward to it getting here. I’m just getting so frustrated. I called them yesterday because I couldn’t find anywhere it told you the directions. Since I had to go to the store, if I needed anything specific (like a certain type of flour), I’d get it; but they said I only needed unbleached AP flour, which I have.

Marg
    – welcome back! I’m so very sorry about your husband

Stopped at Lynette’s. She was saying that Ken is depressed. Unfortunately, we knew that already. So I invited them here Sunday for dinner. We’ll just have hamburgers, maybe coleslaw, chips. She asked to bring something (first time ever!) so I suggested a fruit salad. I’ll make one of the chocolate pies. Last time I didn’t realize it but all I had was instant chocolate pudding. The instant is more “runny” so this time I’ll use the cook & serve.

Can hardly wait for 2 weeks from now when, hopefully, we can go see PJ. He’s walking now! I saw a little girl at the gym today and it pained me to realize how much I’ve missed. But I also know that I have no desire whatsoever to move back north

After seeing Lynette, went to the soup kitchen, then WalMart to get a prescription then Vince and I went to another pharmacy for a prescription for Lexi.

Anne DE
    – how wonderful that you’re having that date! Have a great time. You can ask Steve right before the kiss if he’d feel more comfortable if you’d disinfect with a drink….lol Bet he'd get a kick out of that!

Faye – what a lovely picture! You are so talented

Barbie
    – I remember when the kids were little and wanted to rearrange their rooms, Vince wouldn’t do anything until they had measured. Being kids, of course they didn’t. Can you make cutouts of your furniture to scale and see how things will fit into the room. Sometimes we think something will fit but then realize it really wouldn’t because of a door opening, etc.

Faye
    – I checked on uTube and saw some videos that might help your friend. It’s the Sit and be Fit. Maybe she can check this out. That’s a lot of what I used to have my seniors do. What about a mini-trampoline? I know they make them with the grab bar.

Michele NC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    So looking forward to having a 3 day weekend. I will stop in Sunday after church and do payroll so we all get paid . Everyone take care and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3