WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Katla She had a stationary bike and said it bothered her knee. She recently bought an assortment of bands and paid for online instructions. That lasted a week. I am ready to throw up my hands trying to help her. I don't think they make the magic machine she needs.

I must get out and do lawn chores again before the heat. Sitting here listening to an Elvis show. His songs bring back so many memories. His "Little Sister" just really reminded me of going to the movies with the oldest neighbor boy and ended up watching the show with the younger brother. "I went to get some candy and along came Jill Dandy and they walked right out the door. Little brother don't you do what your big brother done."

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Katla: Over the pond is how we refer to the whole of the Americas. At this time of the year, prevailing winds often sweep across the Atlantic Ocean to Ireland, bringing storms and rain aplenty. Eg, Our current long spell of storms and rain are probably connected to Hurricane Laura.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Machka: Thanks for the weather link. I only saw it after I had posted my last comment.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Faye: Some people do not want to be helped because they enjoy feeling sorry for themselves. Others are happy with the status quo. You gave it a good try as a good neighbor. :star:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Iiiii
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oooo
  • Katla49
    Options
    Rebecca: The term “snail mail friends” is causing me to think. The last snailmail letter I wrote was to my grand daughter. I think I’ll do it again, and one for her younger brother, too. I’ll chat with my daughter about the idea. Thank you!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: The term “snail mail friends” is causing me to think. The last snailmail letter I wrote was to my grand daughter. I think I’ll do it again, and one for her younger brother, too. I’ll chat with my daughter about the idea. Thank you!

Awesome! Its definitely a mode of communication not utilized much anymore. I think situations, your thoughts, are easily conveyed in letters. Words chosen more carefully, and thought out. Your grandchildren will appreciate them!💖 Plus kids can practice their handwriting skills.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Options
    Faye: It sounds like your neighbor wants things to stay the same. I've found if I keep doing the same things, I get the same results. Perhaps she is happy as is, and doesn't want to be stronger and healthier. :ohwell:

The good news is that you are getting healthier and doing very well. WTG!!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk /w/family- 1hr 18 min 47sec, 3.0ap, 152mhr, = 615c
    Apple Watch- 435c
    Zwift ride on bike trainer- 43.03min, 142ahr, 155mhr, 14.7amph, 10.53mi= 544c
    Apple Watch- 434c

Total cal 1159
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Kari Anderson’s Center Floor DVD. This seems to be mostly ballet, but it does have a lot of balance which is what I could use. The plan for tomorrow is to do some training games on the Wii.

Drkatie
    – personally, I like the orange pillows. Gives a shot of color to the room

Katla
    – I’m like you, I don’t watch the political news. I figure if there’s something important, Vince will tell me

Starter: I fed it last night figuring that, like always, nothing would happen so this time I used whole wheat flour. Well, when I got up this morning, I was so happy. It had doubled almost in size. For the first time, a little bit of activity. It sill didn’t pass the float test. I fed it again, and if it rises tomorrow even if it doesn’t pass the float test, maybe I’ll try making a loaf

Barbara
    – no, he doesn’t have a UTI. Sometimes he’ll decide that he wants to pee (especially on the bed – not ours). There are also times when something gets into him and he goes after Bonnie. We just don’t know what it is. I just get sick and tired of finding places where he pees. Thanks for the site. Do they have more songs than what is on the front page? I couldn’t find another page, but I would think they’d have more. Only good thoughts for Joe. Poor guy!

Went to WalMart then Food Lion to get milk to make more yogurt. Made the yogurt, will have it drain overnight. Cut the grass then went in the pool, now here

So nice out tonight maybe I’ll take a walk to Food Lion. I forgot to get a tomato for tomorrow.

Rita – how wonderful that you heard from your kids, especially that one daughter

Anne DE
    – you sound really up. So happy for you

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    ☘️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    RV Rita.... Your post about your husband not welcoming being 68 hit close to what my husband and I are dealing with right now. My DH will be 80 in November and is very bummed about turning 80. It's a shame because he is active for his age and it seems so pointless he's bummed by something he has no control over. A month after he turns 80, I will turn 70 and I don't mind looking my age. I like my life and feel more comfortable in my skin as I get older.

Betsy in NW WA

You have a good outlook! I take a certain amount of comfort seeing my Mom's face in the mirror as I age. 💖💪😁🎶🎵
    💖Rebecca