Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Pip - I like the new way. You can both easily watch the TV. :D Plus I like the placing of the chest. More interesting.
    Do you like the TV so high on the wall? I personally prefer it at eye level, but I know a lot of people have it up there.

Visit to the grandkids was a real boost. Edie was being a total madam and it was all crazy, but we came away feeling terrific. o:) Just adore them.

bsecv70fi78c.jpg

DH checking the quizzes with Edie . <3

Love Heather UK XXXXXX

Kirby has always wanted the tv above the fireplace so there you go. I raise my eyes to look at the tv. I don’t raise my head so my neck has never hurt
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Lisa - <3<3<3:smiley:
    Heather UK XXXXXX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kholl25
    kholl25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yeah for a three day weekend! It is supposed to be hot here in NW Washington - nothing compared to eastern Washington or the midwest...but hot for us. The smoke from the California fires is creeping our way. BUT - three day weekend to enjoy the pool and we go end of season crabbing on Monday. Here's to staying strong with food diary! So far - four days in, four days of walking and minimal "cheating" on food. Calorie intake hasn't cheated, but macros don't look awesome. Always room for improvment.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Afternoon- evening ladies
    I got laundry done and went to the bank ,and that was about that...i napped this morning and i napped this afternoon.. and feel alot better..tomorrow i will tackle.my bedroom looks like a tornado blew through it...
    Tomorrow night Trudy and I are going down to a local park for bonfire and cocktails
    Have to.grocery shop soon also.
    Today is my brothers 56th birthday but have no way of contacting him ..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    tqbuctvmcyz5.jpg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oooooo
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Went back to the original arrangement
    eoq3ui3szmma.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    A pleasant enough day just phootering about the house. Exercise, chores, and a bit of crochet, and watching TV.

☘️Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Made a big pot of pinto beans soup. The two ham hocks I used had a BOATLOAD of meat in them! When I shredded it, I had 3 huge handfuls! My husband did his "doctoring" of the soup. Its adding lots of pepper, and Worcestershire! I do my part, frying up the ham hocks in bacon drippings, then poured in a quart of my homemade chicken stock. I add the three cans of pinto beans, adding 2 quarts of water initially. I added more as it simmered. Then I make husband feel like a chef by having him add this and that. Personally I would like it with potatoes, less Worcestershire. Well I have 2 quarts of chicken stock left, that I can doctor. I like cabbage, potatoes, rice and cayenne pepper, and turmeric.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1h 8min 13sec, 2.9ap, 149mhr, 3.43mu-= 647c
    Apple Watch- 361c
    Other- rearranging furniture- 17min= 75c
    Apple Watch- 42c
    Walk w/family- 17.18min, 130mhr, .86mi= 134c
    Apple Watch- 90c

Total cal 856
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛💙💚💜
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I thought I’d share the before and after of my sunroom rug. The black rug came with the furniture and matched the loveseat throw pillows. It was never what I really wanted, but it wasn’t bad so I lived with it for 6 years. I like the update. I’m not sure about the orange pillows but they’re just shams on top of the originals. We also gave the rocking chair to our son and got Dave a recliner.
    jjvh5ba1py1m.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Heather & Pip: Our TV is also above the fireplace mantel. The fireplace burns natural gas and the log set is ceramic. It is a good fake wood set. It produces nice heat that is very cozy on a cold day. :smiley:

Barbie: Cute dog, looking happy!!! DH & I have always had a dog. We both seem to be happier because of the companionship a dog brings to us. :star:

Pip: I like the looks of your new home. The arrangement in the living room is very appealing. :flowerforyou:

Terri: I usually watch TV in the evening. It isn’t quite time yet. I tend to watch local news and avoid watching national election news. I’ve chosen my candidate and will cast my vote when the time comes. In Oregon, we have vote by mail for every election. In our case, we walk to the county courthouse and drop our ballots in the election box there. My TV viewing is usually about animals—lots of zoo shows and veterinarian shows. I like to knit or crochet in the winter. I produce mostly washrags and baby blankets. My crochet efforts have been aimed at making Christmas snowflakes. I made one snowflake and unlikely to make another in the near future. At the moment, we have no upcoming babies in the family so I’ll be making washrags this fall rather than blankets. I've thought about project Linus, but at this time I suspect they are unlikely to want handmade blankets. :flowerforyou:

You have inspired me to get some exercise so I’m going to take a book out to the garage and read while I ride my tryke.

Stay well.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Our boy after our walk today
    ujzzdfkuhhmq.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :)Katla,
    Project Linus here just delivered 120 homemade blankets. One of them was the red, pink, and purple one I knit. I am working on a red and pink one now.

:) We have a DVR system on our TV so we record programs and watch them whenever we feel like it. We also have Amazon Prime and Netflix so we have lots of choices. Right now we're watching baseball. We usually see the first few innings before going to bed.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Heather - I think no matter how blessed you are it’s ok to be sad when plans don’t come to fruition. It just means you’re human.
    What lovely pictures. I find my granddaughter is struggling a bit with all of this, she had reverted back to some babyish mannerisms.

I really miss rearranging furniture. This place is so tiny there is nothing I can do with it.

Annie - I hope you enjoy your second date. My husband and I met when I was 13 and he was 17, it was a white bathing suit that I was wearing that caught his eye. 😂. I would never wear white now and get in water.

Lisa - I think that you will have it beautiful in no time.

Michele - our daughter has always suffered with insomnia even when she was very little. As a young teen we would send her to bed and in the morning when we went to wake her her room would be rearranged and spotless.

Pip - I like your original arrangement best.

We had the Grands and our youngest daughter for supper. Tomorrow I am going for a sleepover with both daughters, my eldest daughters best friend and her daughter and my granddaughter. I’m looking forward to it.

Sunday I am taking our car for a quote to try to figure out what is wrong with it. There is an awful noise in the front end and I’m petrified it will kill Rodger driving back and forth to work on the highway. I’m praying it’s not too expensive Rodger just went back to work and we don’t know how long it will last.

Tracey in Edmonton