Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Kkkkkk
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well we had a great time...there was maybe 10 people there and a nice fire going and fresh air and good conversation...now to bed...going to grocery shop in the mornimg
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Barbie,,,,,, so cute! Makes me smile, talk about relaxed.
    Rebecca..... yes, I see my Mom and Grandma when I look in the mirror and it gives me a good feeling.

Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    nmbpd14gc51m.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Terri: I’m thinking that you’re missing out on the fact that we’re South of you. Surely your bad weather comes from Canada & the North Atlantic. As the world turns, perhaps your bad weather comes from Norway. :wink:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

You can see how weather travels from here:

https://www.windy.com/?46.869,-36.543,3

It looks like Ireland is getting the residue from hurricane Laura.

M in Oz

Windy is a great site for tracking all different aspects of weather around the world.

For example, when I click the Pressure option, I can see that Tassie is in a high pressure system right now which would explain the warm spring weather and sunshine. But I see that there is a low pressure system behind it.

Right now the pacific northwest of NA is also in a high pressure system, with a rather tight swirling low pressure system behind. But no worries, it looks like the low pressure system is going to head north across Alaska and those in the pacific nw won't likely get rain in coming days. Probably not till Monday 14 or Tuesday 15.

I find it fascinating! :)

M in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Yesterday was a nicely balanced day with a little work, some home projects, food preparation, and some me time. Today will be more of the same.

Last night’s dinner was delicious. Blackened Mahi Mahi and a large salad were on the menu. Tonight’s dinner centerpiece will be filet mignon. Not quite sure of the sides yet as I have no fully planned today’s meals. I will also be baking some molasses bran muffins. I will be substituting the applesauce with pumpkin puree and adding some pumpkin pie spice. The muffins freeze well and provide a healthy dose of fiber.

Faye – I must agree with Katla. Knowing me I would probably be in tough love phase and clearly state to her that she either wants to get healthier or remain the same and once she decides what she is going to do come back to me and I will help.

Lisa – My mom’s secret to dad’s laundry, when we were still a family unit, was to add ammonia to get rid of the engine/grease/shop smell. I have found it also gets rid of those pesky deodorant stains. The company I work for has cancelled all in-person types of meetings, gatherings, etc. for the foreseeable future. Most of our locations are in hot spots. Florida alone has had 644k cases and 12k deaths.

Heather – Please be sure to take some before and after pictures. I am sure the disorder will be well worth it!!

Allie – Glad you enjoyed your outing! And, are enjoying the downtime.

Machka – I find weather fascinating too.

Rita – I am so glad you had so many family members reach out and catch up with you.

Terri – One of the reasons why I love yoga is I find it is just the right mix of exercise and meditation.

I hope everyone has had or has a great day!
    SuziQ – SFL
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm back from last bit summer vacation. More than 20 pages of posts in the past week so I'm gonna just jump in and catch up.

I didn't track. My weight stayed the same. Ate more full meals than usual (3 per day, more or less) and more exercise than usual.

@cityjaneLondon Heather, I did see that video by hugodecrypt on Lebanon. I'm glad you like it.it's not fresh in my mine at present but I did like it. I missed his videos when he was on vacation.

LAST VACATION WEEK
    I was planning to go away for a long weekend, but the car rental was less expensive for 1 week than for 3 days, so I rented for a week and left it open, since classes and in-person meetings hadn't stopped yet. I brought the laptop and some work in case It felt like a good time to work. (it didn't).

1) I visited my colleague at his remote home in the country. That was pretty nice. We went for walks and swimming. I had then planned to visit other old friends 3h drive from there, but then my colleague invited me to visit his friends (which we finally didn't go to- I didn't want to -too much driving, but he had insisted and finally wanted to cancel at the end), so, politely,

2) I invited him to visit my friends (1h from the sea and visit a city he couldn't remember much), since it seemed impolite for him to invite me to his place and to visit his friends and me not to invite him- all the friends were very welcoming and had plenty of rooms. He wanted to cram a lot in. After 5 days it was a bit much (road trips can be a challenge) and so we took the last 36h of my car rental separately.

He was an only child of single mom who just died 2months ago. He was very close to her and wanted to spend his last days alone in the house they had spent confinement in before leaving for the city to work. I guess he was feeling mixed at first, wanting to stay together and/or not wanting to be alone, but also definitely wanting more time at his house and -not saying it- he feeling mixed-- but it seemed normal that he want to spend time alone. He's a rather successful teacher in his niche field, but had started drinking a bit every day, or nearly, since his mom died 2 months ago, he said on the last day. It was a mix. He talks a lot in a professorly sort of way. He wanted to tell me about his great grandparents and cousins and everything, his whole history.
    Since he also had to go back up to Paris I offered an option where I go to see my friends for a few days and then swing back and drive him back to the city, since public transport is a bit of a drag with 100% masks.

Still the walks and beach and swims were fun and visiting some local museum and an architectural place, and having meals both in and out, and visiting my friends, and stopping by a couple of places, and he seemed to appreciate my old friends (and old neighbour) very much. I dropped him off the 2nd to last day, and didn't have time to get home so I went through the city names on the way home and he mentioned a nice one, and

3) I found an awesome hotel a few miles from the highway. It was so nice I stayed 2 nights. A manor with very good hygiene, a pool, a big garden with sofas, lounge chairs, a bar from 4pm to 8pm. 60 euros a night and she didn't charge me at all for the tea, sorbet and Campari I had ordered throughout the day. The owner was very nice. I had a google meeting when I arrived at the hotel at7pm, so had to say 'I'm here but I have a long meeting', then I spent 1.5 hours mostly in the car in a google meeting.
    I tried to turn off the video, but-never having done a video meeting on cellphone - it didn't start that way. My colleagues asked if I was in a car and they were joking that I was in an RV. When I cracked the windows open there was noise on both sides (me being to business-y in this manoir and some background noise when I had the mike on), and with the window closed my whole face was sweating. This was a meeting with workers'-rights-related people, so there was some informality and friendliness too it. No bosses... One retired member is very talkative (but also has some good bits of experience, amidst the long monologues), so I was able to put on headphones and mute and hide video while I checked in.

Things that were harmonious or mostly harmonious :
    -walks
    -swims
    -beaches
    -cultural visits
    -meals in and out
    -sharing,
    -I took him to the hospital for a planned IRM where he wasn't supposed to drive, he liked my friends and they seemed to like him. Having taken care of my sister a couple of years ago through many exams, I'm at ease with this sort of thing, taking him there, waiting, etc.

but also a lot of challenges :
    -For him his very close mom had died and he said he had been pretty isolated and, the last day, he acknowledged he had been drinking some alone most days for 2 months, he seemed both a bit clingy- not wanting to be on his own in the beginning, and also somehow -it seemed needing to be.
    -He had a prostrate IRM and on the last day (after we had decided to spend the last 36h each on our own) his doctor called to tell him he needed a biopsy. he was really stressed for the IRM, never having had one before.i've had about 5or so, so it's not a big deal for me to have an IRM. He hated it. His mom and grandfather had been at this same hospital at/near the end of their lives so it wasn't a good place for him.
    -When I started driving (after 41 years of having licence) he was being a backseat driver for the 1st half hour or so in a very big way and it was really a bit much ; but finally I had to remind him I had been driving for 41years without his instructions and was doing fine and he let up. on my side I was double-checking about directions he was giving.
    -He was wishy-washy about an appointment he said he maybe, probably, possibly, definitely wanted to keep or cancel in the city, and a bit unclear all around.
    -We work in the same school, so there is also the idea that we want all to remain ok on the professional front, probably a concern for each of us in the back of our minds.
    -Other than the 1.5 days he was on medication he was slightly heavy-handed with the alcohol. He had a drink 2x at midday and I joined him for wine on the non-medical evenings. Drinking 2 or 3 glasses 4 days out of 5 is massive for me. I don't know if I've ever drunk so much so many days in a row. I was glad he brought it up the last day, and acknowledged the excess. He said he had "stopped drinking" the week before I came, but then was opening a bottle every (non-medical) day when I was there...and at my friends' we had wine both evenings...

Friday I left the manor/hotel before sunrise (6:30?) and drove up to the city to get the rental car back just in time(11:20). Then walked w my bags home and stopped at my favorite café on the way home.

I vegged out all day Friday afternoon and evening and Saturday; hiding out online: mostly playing online spades and binge-watching Bojack Horseman on Netflix. I'm not big at all on animation usually but this one gets me.
    It's rare that I have nearly 2 days of online zoning out, but there it is. I did do my laundry and put a few things away and make one urgent call in the hotel.

I have many meetings and calls to deal with these next days, following up on my rental apartments, classes etc.

Today's a new day.

Goals today:
    At least:
    Go for a walk.
    1h cleaning.
    Go to café.

• bananasandoranges
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Check in from August goals overall grade: B- to be generous on demanding grading system. :neutral:
    Financial Goals: Grade B-
    -As close as possible to zero-based budget. check
    -No need to transfer money from one account for living or holiday expenses.
    check, pretty reasonable mostly staying w friends and renting car 2 weeks 360, with 10 nights in reasonable hotels and 4 nights in reasonably airbnbs -840 in all for lodging plus some gas in very small car-maybe 200 max and several lunches and snacks/coffees out -300- + newspapers and various purchases 100 (umbrella, cheap sundress, gift, postcards, flip-flops), so about 1800 euros for 3 weeks vacation, much of it by the sea, about half in hotels eating lunch out most hotel days. I guess not so bad since I couldn't go away all of the rest of the year due to transport strikes at xmas and then COVID.
    - Check what's going on in partially stock-based savings (i know close to nothing about stocks). (I know it had lost 90% COVID) but i see every thing is tanking and maybe i need to sell and put into cash---),yes, not sure what to do with it.it remained fairly stable.
    - keep making progress on filing not really
    - Pay bills at least one, not all
    - follow up rental repair (mild water damage last august, slow to solve partially due to covid) did follow up some-many calls etc- but not complete everything

Spiritual Goals: Grade : B
    -meditate 5 min per day some days, but contemplative moments during walking

Health Fitness Goals: Grade: B
    -Walk w heart rate monitor at least 3x a week, (w/rate above 115 for 20 min or so) (no more gyms here for the foreseeable future). walked many days but rarely with HRM
    -Track all and aim to lose 0.4 k per week. (a bit less than a pound) I tracked some days but not all. I lost about 1/4 pound per week average! almost nothing or could be fluctuation but at least in right direction
    - Get progressive glasses. (finally, i've been able to get by without glasses for reading till now, but it gets tough on very fine print). got dr appointment and progressive prescription and went to a few glasses shops to see prices and style, was rushed and got new distance glasses (15 minutes wait rather than 10 day wait for progressives), but haven't ordered them yet.
    - Get hiking sandals or something close. manage between sneakers, hiking sneakers and new 5 euro flip-flops

Educational Goals: Grade, D-
    -Work 4h a day on thesis after 2 week vacation break starting, so from Aug 19, 1 day!
    -read one of the novels I bought Aug 3. no
    Family and loved ones Goals: Grade:B+
    -Read sister's emails no
    -Go to exhibit and do a writing session with M. no, tried for a coffee but she cancelled it
    -Meet up with friend.s at 1x a week. much more overall, spent much time with friends

Career Goals: Grade B
    -Send email to required address for training period not necessary
    -Disconnect till August 19 at least yes and much more!
    -Update website no

Home Goals B-

- follow up repair water damage (here too) slowed due to COVID called insurance but they weren't there, unusual whole day off for them on a Thursday!
    -order big shelving unit to stock my masses of papers (for thesis, teaching etc) (ikea online) picked out but didn't order cause unsure when I'd be back from vacation
    -maybe; order smallish sofa bed hedging between classic sofa model and a more bed-dy one
    -order small, round dinner table (ikea online) not yet, due to delivery date
    -Get rid of Japanese divider if not fixed by end of august (very useful but fragile and broken) no but I can today

• bananasandoranges
    edited September 2020
    Options
    This month's goals
    Financial Goals:
    -As close as possible to zero-based budget.
    -No need to transfer money from one account for living or furniture or rental apartment expenses.
    - making progress on filing, hire helper 2-4x 2h this month
    - Pay rental apartment trimestrial charge bills, and cellar rental bill
    - follow up rental repairs (redo water damage repair estimate, professional cleaning done, door estimate, and door fix.)

Spiritual Goals:
    -5 min per day: walking, sitting or standing meditation

Health Fitness Goals:
    -Walk quickly at least 3x a week, (for at least 20 min or so)
    -Track all and aim to lose 0.5 lbs a week.(0.22 kilos!)
    - order progressive glasses.

Educational Goals:
    -Work 3h a day on thesis 5 days a week.
    -Go to library
    -Make 1 article or interview proposal
    Family and loved ones Goals:
    -Read sisters' mails
    -Meet up with friend.s (including work friends) at least 1x a week.

Career Goals:
    -Follow up training holiday request
    -Apply 1 minor side gig to support experience in area my recent experience is lacking
    -Update website
    -Finish project from May.

Home Goals:

1) order shelving unit ikea
    2) Call insurance and expert/painter make appointment for water damage repair at home
    3) get cloth and staple on Japanese divider to repair it.
    4) choose sofa and order it
    5) order small, round dinner table from Ikea online.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    hmm not taking my post?
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: pooches down drive in am, dozen bulbs to Tracie, Post Office, Mini Pet Mart, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s.
    Bonus: relieved Joe of lifting duties: watering Stinky, dogs, break down 35 lb bag of kibble,
    Get to do: get outside chores done before livestreaming church, take pics of car, BB&B, type up ABN update form and addendum, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    6: focus on healthy choices: smoothie for breakfast, veggie and cheese tray for dinner, resistance training or weights.
    What a satisfying day. Got the pooches down the drive first thing, pulled a little salal from the clearing, spotted another tree-ling to liberate, barbered two giant ferns, weeded another 3 ft of flowerbed, ran errands. Vitamins still not arrived, but same brand/formula on sale (?!?) at Freddies so got 3. After two days in the car felt good to move the ol’ bod.

Terri “marmite” :noway: :lol: Bacon, yes. Marmite noooo! :love: the daringtolivefully.com affirmations.
    Lisa what kind of chipper/shredder do you use? Joe is proceeding especially carefully with his meds. He made a chart with columns for each rx (6 drops 2 pills 1 ointment) and rows for the number of doses/day, then enters the time taken when he does. I’m delighted. In the past he’s been somewhat “resistant of treatment” but he really wants to give the meds every chance to work. Where are you able to buy ammonia? It’s off the shelves here, a friend of a friend said it’s been banned from consumer products due “hazardous nature.”
    Welcome back Ginny in OH, you were missed.
    SuziQ any before and after pics of your rearranged space?
    Faye so sorry to hear your friend’s stubborn resistance. Maybe the magic she needs is an activity she loves to do, like swimming or dancing? Reminds me that I cannot “exercise” away the pounds without choosing healthier food and portions.
    Machka “multitasking” :laugh: Fascinating “how weather travels” link. We could use the rain, but alas, the Chetco effect (wind from hot inland instead of normal cool ocean) is here for the next 4 days.
    Allie great news about Homer, good luck with Home Depot!
    Annie your path to pushups inspires me. I’ll get out SWSY and the weights today. Wrestling with a 35 lb bag of kibble yesterday showed me how I need to build strength, especially so long as Joe is forbidden to lift more than 5 lbs.
    Rebecca who wouldn’t want to get one of your creative, artistic, chatty, loving letters? Well done! Your mom must have been beautiful!
    Rita sorry hanging out with the 28 yr olds is making your dh sad about his age. There are so many things I’m grateful for at 70 that are different than where I was when I was 28. First is being married to Joe. Second is being financially stable while retired. Think I’m a little nicer too ;)
    Katla what you said to Faye. Truth that.
    Michele Sorry your cat is marking the guest bed. Can you close off the room? How old was he when he was neutered? Tunebat has many songs. Do you see a search window? If not... perhaps adjust your browser's security settings?tmk0k43rdkfb.jpg

Betsy is your DH sad because death is closer at 80 than in the 70s?
    Barbie :love: the pooch pic!
    Pip where are those trails? Is it some kind of bmx or bike park?
    Julie what a good friend you are. What is an IRM?

Chetco effect heat forecast, makes everyone edgy with fire danger extreme. Better sleep soon so I can get outside chores done early.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 5 weigh: 5, steps>5491=6805 vits=4.5 log=5 CI<CO=3 CI<250<CO=1 Tumble & Shadow 5=3 mfp=5 outside=3 up hill=4
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx= dance= clean 30 mins=.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=1 play= sew=
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    RV Rita.... Your post about your husband not welcoming being 68 hit close to what my husband and I are dealing with right now. My DH will be 80 in November and is very bummed about turning 80. It's a shame because he is active for his age and it seems so pointless he's bummed by something he has no control over. A month after he turns 80, I will turn 70 and I don't mind looking my age. I like my life and feel more comfortable in my skin as I get older.

Betsy in NW WA

You have a good outlook! I take a certain amount of comfort seeing my Mom's face in the mirror as I age. 💖💪😁🎶🎵
    💖Rebecca

Rebecca..... yes, I see my Mom and Grandma when I look in the mirror and it gives me a good feeling.

Betsy in NW WA

It's odd you would say that, Rebecca and Betsy--last night, as I put on my pajama top, and my head emerged from it, I say my mother in the mirror... to the point where I said, "Hi, Mama." I see her more and more in me, as well, both in looks and outlook, and I like it.

If I ever see my maternal grandmother, I'll have to get out the exorcism kit, though. She was a horrible old bat with a permanent look (and outlook) much like she'd just bitten a lemon. Evidently I was so much like my paternal grandmother as a child that it spooked my father, but I have no memory of her.

My husband also struggles with aging, and he's only 51! His issues are more the body aches and pains, I think, and as he works in a physical job, that's hard. He has also figured out that three or four glasses of wine on Friday night makes him feel like crap on a cracker most of the day on Saturday, so he decides one week to go without and the next week he tries again. Hope springs eternal, I guess.

I say nothing--it's his decision to make. I've never been fond of alcohol, so I have literally no grounds on which to judge.

No plans for today... hoping he sleeps in--he really needs the rest. I may take a day today and let my body recover... yesterday we went to the bulk store (Sam's Club) and then to another grocery store that was having a meat sale, and it just wore me down. Always hated being around a bunch of people, but even worse now. Our freezer is quite full now... which is reassuring.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Good morning all:

Rearranging furniture-not something I can really do in main living area. TV is wall mounted in the one place where it makes sense. We have a huge could (the l shaped type with the chaise on it). It fits one way. It is nice when there are several people over, but way too big for me. I have been wanting to get rid of it but don't want to go through hassle of selling. Once I get basement floor redone and walls painted, etc., may see about moving it down there and get something smaller. I figure once it is down stairs it can stay there if I sell-a gift to new owner.

Sorting out things can be tough. Have all of these things from kids that they have left. Some I am able to toss. Each of the boys have some trophies/awards that are individual (recognition they earned in a sport, etc). Don't really want to toss them, but they don't want a pen and pencil set for desks, etc. After mulling over them yesterday while working on basement, I think I will removed the name plates on a few of them (most improved, senior recognition-things that have their actual name on them) and put them in a smaller frame and give them to them for Christmas. Then what they do with them after that is up to them. No idea what to do with the High School letter jackets that cost so much!

Julie and Machka-have to admit I am a bit jealous of your get aways! I keep thinking I want to do something but not ready for risk, I guess. I will be taking time off when I get interior doors, etc., replaced. Not exciting, but I will work on other things while Terry working on that stuff. It's a way to keep from loosing my vacation time since I get 5 weeks a year and keep running up against my 15 week ceiling.

Going to vacuum and dust (which I hate) and get some straightening up done before son and GF come over. After they arrive, except for cleaning up afterwards, I may be lazy for the rest of the day. Perhaps watch Hamilton.

Enjoy your Sunday all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Lisa what kind of chipper/shredder do you use? Joe is proceeding especially carefully with his meds. He made a chart with columns for each rx (6 drops 2 pills 1 ointment) and rows for the number of doses/day, then enters the time taken when he does. I’m delighted. In the past he’s been somewhat “resistant of treatment” but he really wants to give the meds every chance to work. Where are you able to buy ammonia? It’s off the shelves here, a friend of a friend said it’s been banned from consumer products due “hazardous nature.”

Barbara,

It's a drum-type chipper/shredder--looks like something out of Willie Wonka and sounds like something out of Mad Max - a massive gas-powered thing that we bought used in the spring. Does a good job of mulching smaller branches - anything larger than shovel-handle size is a struggle, but we mulch leaves in it as well as branches, and they add to the soil while the wood shreds hold the moisture in or protect the plants from the cold. Similar to this one--two feed chutes, one for bushels of leaves, one for larger branches:
    qqozmfihp1j5.png

Glad Joe's doing well on his meds.

It was hard to find ammonia here, but only because most places are out of it due to the cleaning frenzy for the corona virus. Walmart happened to have three bottles of the lemon-scented, so I picked them all up. Maybe people couldn't figure out what they were because they were colored? And lemon-scented is such a canard... ammonia smells like ammonia. I think your friend of a friend was mistaken - ammonia is declared a hazardous chemical everywhere, but so is bleach.

<3 Lisa
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Top of the morning, ladies! <3

Barbara - you are doing the early bird thing too I see. :) I've been struggling to get back into my SWSY program, with the cool mornings I have no excuse. Have managed to get at least the arms done a few times a week. How long is Joe limited to 5#?

Thanks to Machka and the Windy.com I see storms way out in the Pacific - hope we see the remnants of some rain here in the next couple weeks. Grass and deciduous trees are getting crispy.

Betsy - thinking about your sis (((HUGS))). My DH will be 75 in November, he's amazed he's made it this long - he's been saying that every year since I've known him, I think he was a cat once upon a time. He's not quite to the end of his 9 lives but admits he's getting closer. Sigh.

Kate - sorry to hear about that broken wrist!!!! (((HUGS))))

Faye - like that "Deadeye" picture :D Reminds me a little of Curtis photographs.

Marg - welcome back and so happy your sis moved in and it's working. I think I could live with my sis as well - one of us would have to move half way across the country. It's been in the back of my mind if DH passes before me. Not sure how I'd like Indiana weather, but I have so many friends and classmates back in my hometown so I'd fit right in the community again. Facebook has been a great help reconnecting with them.

Annie - how thrilling you are getting another meeting with your new friend! ;) Yay on the bathing suit fitting, it sounds super cute! Amazing the number of older folks I know who met their mates online. <3

Heather - so glad to see you and Johnny were able to spend some time with the grands. Gosh they are growing fast.

Lisa - Levi is such a cutie! You have been one busy gal getting the outside cleanup done. I know several folks who would grab that little brush-chipper in a heartbeat. Including myself.

Pip - your new place is just great, I love all the furniture arrangements. You and Kirby are great decorators. When I lived alone, I was always rearranging furniture and I must say after I was married, not being able to do that was a huge a disappointment because DH didn't go for it. :(:p

Before I forget, wonder what Sharon near Seattle, Janetr, Suebdew, Amber are up to. Miss hearing from them and many more of you taking a break. Crossing fingers everyone staying healthy and out of trouble. ;)

Heading off to grocery shop at the crack of dawn this morning, my favorite time.

Make it a super day, ladies! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Julie and Machka-have to admit I am a bit jealous of your get aways! I keep thinking I want to do something but not ready for risk, I guess.

Ginny in Ohio

Tassie's gov't is encouraging us to travel around Tasmania. We're not allowed to go to other states and definitely not other countries, but since there are no C-19 cases in Tasmania, Tasmania is open for business.

The tourism industry is changing their advertising to direct it to Tasmanians ("if you've never taken the opportunity to check out the far south of your state, now is your chance!").

And the gov't is giving everyone money (vouchers) to travel within the state. That starts Monday ... I'll have to get on the website and register.

Also if we're members of the Tasmanian automobile association (and we are), there are all kinds of Tasmanian deals to be had on accommodation and activities.

We have a reasonably small population, most of which is concentrated in Hobart and Launceston. So on our getaway, we waved at some neighbours from a distance, walked around the art centre (just the two of us, no one else was in there), used hand sanitiser and purchased something from a cashier behind a plastic barrier, purchased lunch from a food van outside the art centre, and sat outside in the sunshine and fresh air to eat. Then my SIL arrived. On the way home, we picked up some things from a bakery and took them away with us.

Our contact with people was very limited ... much more so than on any given weekday when I catch a bus in to work.

We don't like travelling where there are people at the best of times. :)

Our ideal travel situation is ...
    to a very small town so that we do have access to food ... a bakery, cafe, maybe a pub for dinner ... surrounded by beautiful, quiet roads for cycling. Add in a nearby empty beach to stroll and maybe a nice hiking trail to a waterfall or something scenic and it's just about perfect. :)

So I'll ask generally to the group here ...

What is your idea travel situation?

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Oh No, Kate UK! - So sorry to hear of your injury! (((Hugs)))