Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• SANW15
    SANW15 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Is it okay for a married woman to have a male friend she views as her brother. Her husband and him are friends too. But the friends wife on the other hand thinks that him and the married woman are having an affair......

Ps. She’s an *kitten*. :)

If I knew I was an issue in someone else’s marriage, id back off. It’s a marriage....

not a bf/gf situation high school drama thing like everyone is sounding like in this situation.

Who said I was hounding on it? Not like I reach out to him and try to cause issues. Our friendship started when we worked together. I no longer work with him. Only talk a few times a year. Once again like I said we all go out together to try and do things if by me saying “Hi , hope all is well with y’all, take care.” Is too being too forward then I might as well never try to be nice.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Is it okay for a married woman to have a male friend she views as her brother. Her husband and him are friends too. But the friends wife on the other hand thinks that him and the married woman are having an affair......

Or, she's just insecure as you mentioned lol I'm sure you've already tried inviting her out as a "double date" kind of thing. Have you also tried having her pick the venue and having more control over it? Or, like, a game night deal? She sounds like she needs to loosen up, big time.

Yes! We have tried double dates and she always complains the whole time about everything and then calls her mom and talks to her on the phone for at least an hour every time we do go somewhere. I also invited them and a few other friends over to my house for a bbq and she brought food from a burger place over and refused to eat my food. Lol like really... how old are we?

wow.

..... is your food really that bad ??

No, she is just unappreciative has control issues likely stemming from viewing her mother's relationships and now allowing her mother to have input into her relationship.

Sorry, y'all...my rose-colored glasses chipped upon mention of the burger issue and regular mom calls when out with peers.

🤷🏿‍♀️

If you're gonna stay his friend then you're gonna have to deal with his messy missus. Goooooood luck and many blessings.
  • SANW15
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Or, she's just insecure as you mentioned lol I'm sure you've already tried inviting her out as a "double date" kind of thing. Have you also tried having her pick the venue and having more control over it? Or, like, a game night deal? She sounds like she needs to loosen up, big time.

Yes! We have tried double dates and she always complains the whole time about everything and then calls her mom and talks to her on the phone for at least an hour every time we do go somewhere. I also invited them and a few other friends over to my house for a bbq and she brought food from a burger place over and refused to eat my food. Lol like really... how old are we?

wow.

..... is your food really that bad ??

No, she is just unappreciative has control issues likely stemming from viewing her mother's relationships and now allowing her mother to have input into her relationship.

Sorry, y'all...my rose-colored glasses chipped upon mention of the burger issue and regular mom calls when out with peers.

🤷🏿‍♀️

If you're gonna stay his friend then you're gonna have to deal with his messy missus. Goooooood luck and many blessings.

Thank you! I will always continue to try and be friends no matter the outcome. I will go through anything for the people I care about. He has no family around and has always told me he appreciates me and my husband always lending a hand or ear for him and he values our friendship. So I know if the tables were turned he would still be there for me. It’s a good feeling to know you can always count on someone to be there for you.

• SANW15
    Options
    Maybe she is just not that into you.
    I agree.

• MaltedTea
    Options
    jamloche wrote: »

I may be old fashioned, but my wife is the most important person on the planet to me. If she were bothered by me keeping company with you, and she and I couldn't work it out ... then it's good-bye to you. Also, I don't know what word is hiding under the *kitten* in your comment above, but the fact that MFP needed to hide it means it probably is not very nice. Anyone who would call my wife not-nice names is not my friend.

[Adjusts rose-colored glasses...now repaired] Sorry but this whole scenario fascinates me to no end.

Marriages are to be respected and the marriage bed undefiled and so on and so forth. However, is it healthy or advisable if your spouse is actively isolating you from already established, healthy relationships?

I would ask probe, address and assuage her concerns if that were me (husband). And if I was his spouse, then I'd make it clear why I wasn't comfortable visiting with his long-time friends. This is the 21st century, there's a therapist for that. There entire marriage would be the better for it, beyond this one long-time friendship.

Oof! Just when you thought dating and being single was the most complicated part...
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    What does a REAL Man think about a Woman who can do her own maintenance and repairs and possibly might have more Home Improvement skills than he?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    jamloche wrote: »

I may be old fashioned, but my wife is the most important person on the planet to me. If she were bothered by me keeping company with you, and she and I couldn't work it out ... then it's good-bye to you. Also, I don't know what word is hiding under the *kitten* in your comment above, but the fact that MFP needed to hide it means it probably is not very nice. Anyone who would call my wife not-nice names is not my friend.

[Adjusts rose-colored glasses...now repaired] Sorry but this whole scenario fascinates me to no end.

Marriages are to be respected and the marriage bed undefiled and so on and so forth. However, is it healthy or advisable if your spouse is actively isolating you from already established, healthy relationships?

I would ask probe, address and assuage her concerns if that were me (husband). And if I was his spouse, then I'd make it clear why I wasn't comfortable visiting with his long-time friends. This is the 21st century, there's a therapist for that. There entire marriage would be the better for it, beyond this one long-time friendship.

Oof! Just when you thought dating and being single was the most complicated part...

Honestly... I'd bet the wife already talked to the husband about this... It's highly unlikely that she hasn't taken him to task regarding her feelings... Maybe she feels ignored
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    What does a REAL Man think about a Woman who can do her own maintenance and repairs and possibly might have more Home Improvement skills than he?

That I hope she doesn't think I'm dumbass 😂
  • JustPeachesYT
    JustPeachesYT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Guess ill go the unpopular opinion. I don’t think high waisted pants look good. Lol

I want to know what the women of MFP think on this one. If you had to be shallow, which one do you prefer. Below average height men or above average height men :o

Size doesn't matter...

Shallow me - taller than me. For the record, I'm only 5'3"

:neutral: your taller then me! I'm only 5"1 :(
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    guys, whats your real opinion on werewolves, zombies and vampires? is there a way to rank one as better than the other or is this really just tantamount to prejudice and it depends on the individual monster’s credibility?
  • ermengarde22
    Options
    also, building off that line of questioning, where does Sasquatch fit in, as he is non fiction category monster?
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    guys, whats your real opinion on werewolves, zombies and vampires? is there a way to rank one as better than the other or is this really just tantamount to prejudice and it depends on the individual monster’s credibility?

I’ve been a bit partial to werewolves lately, they seem mad, huggable, and only a little itchy
  • MaltedTea
    edited September 2020
    Options

Werewolves: Misunderstood
    Zombies: Misguided
    Vampires: Misanthropic
    Sasquatch: Missing (gotta find one first because, yes, all the others have been proven legit 😭)

Choosing between the three four? Wolf people 🐺
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

It depends... Are we talking interview with a vampire vampires or twilight 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Vampires
    Warewolves
    I'm not a big zombie guy...

As for Sasquatch... I don't know probably just below the moth man but above the chupacabra 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

werewolves look like they smell bad, and only get their skill/power? once in a while - and what is that "power" really? to act like a big, savage dog?

zombies are stupid and rotting - enough said

vampires are immortal 👍 and romantic 👍👎🤔 and often good looking 👍

...sasquatch, I'll bet they are really sweet and just misunderstood b/c of their intimidating body type and shy, off the grid loner nature
  • ermengarde22
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »

I’ve been a bit partial to werewolves lately, they seem mad, huggable, and only a little itchy

but fleas tho 😱

Werewolves: Misunderstood
    Zombies: Misguided
    Vampires: Misanthropic
    Sasquatch: Missing (gotta find one first because, yes, all the others have been proven legit 😭)

Choosing between the three four? Wolf people 🐺

LOTS of proof that sasquatch exists like LOTS
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options

Werewolves are the best
    Zombies and vampires have their place but at the end of the day they are not a werewolf so they lose