Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I wish I could interact with people and not obsess for hours afterward about what a bad impression I must have made and what a complete idiot I appear to be. Like I’m doing now. I just want to crawl in a hole.

You make neither impression 🤗 you're a good egg <3
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I wish I could interact with people and not obsess for hours afterward about what a bad impression I must have made and what a complete idiot I appear to be. Like I’m doing now. I just want to crawl in a hole.

You make neither impression 🤗 you're a good egg <3

Awww, thanks, Jo <3 I just have a lot of insecurity in some situations, especially interacting with peers at my job, where I’m an outsider (adjunct faculty). I’m trying to force myself to engage more and it’s hard. I sabotage myself. I’d rather just be the lone teacher. I’m fine. Yesterday was just hellish. I’m lucky I still have my job.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Feeling sorry for myself today, not feeling too well lately and now being tested for bowel disease. I should not google because it does no good for my anxiety. Also feeling bad because I know people are a lot worse off. Trying to stay positive.

You have the biggest heart and I've always thought the world of you Tams 💕... Hang in there, hope everything comes back OK 💕
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Feeling sorry for myself today, not feeling too well lately and now being tested for bowel disease. I should not google because it does no good for my anxiety. Also feeling bad because I know people are a lot worse off. Trying to stay positive.

When you're dealing with a bunch of symptoms, the path to diagnosis can be fraught especially if you're not feeling supported by friends, family or healthcare team.

Offline, I hope this is the case @tams_89. Online, we got you 🤗
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member

Hang in there T!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member

So sorry. Hope it’s nothing 🤗
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    This thread should be mandatory reading for young adults and recommended reading for all adults.

True life and compassion from all perspectives.

I’m really glad it got a foothold. I make a lot of silly, light threads so making this one made me feel particularly vulnerable. I really expected it to drop off after a day or so. I don’t comment in this thread much but I come back and read it often. It helps remind me how human we all are.

I worried it would turn into a contest of who has it the worst, and I’m so glad it hasn’t. I hope anyone feels ‘qualified’ to post here. We all go through our own *kitten*. We all deserve to unload.

This is a hard time of year for me. For no particular reason and for hundreds. I’ve done it medicated and without, but nothing helps as much as feeling like I have people who get it. I’ve been on mfp for years as the goof-off but this year is when I finally felt like i could bare all without fear.

I probably come across as unapproachable and difficult to get to know beyond the jokes, so I’m thankful there are people who push past that undeterred. It honestly has been transformative for me in this last month or so. I’m bad at expressing it but y’all have been my people in ways you’ll never even know.

i for one - am very glad you're back <3
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member