• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    Machka: 🥳 Congratulations 🥳

https://youtu.be/2Oo8QzDHimQ
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,931 Member
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Machka--CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Margaret--Sorry you are having so much trouble getting things settled. I remember when FIL passed away for at least 10 years we would get a call from the IRS wanting to know if things had changed and I kept telling them no he is still dead.

Christmas is my holiday. I love cards and for me that is the best part. Hearing from friends and family that we don't hear from other times of the year. Christmas eve we go to our oldest son's and have supper and gifts with them and their kids and grandkids. Then Christmas day we go to our youngest son and have dinner with them and gifts. Sometimes the girls and their family shows up. When they were little we could make them spend time together but not now and I have stopped trying. Enjoy those we can and let the rest go.

It has been a long week and I have been on overtime since yesterday and doing 10 hours today and night shift 6-6 tomorrow night. Then 6 days next week, then 10 days of vacation.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3

Love that line
    "Enjoy those that can and let the rest go"

PERFECT
    It would be great to have everyone together, like in the past, but cherish those that make an effort and do come together
    I love the cards too. I always make sure to write letters in each one and look forward to hearing from some. Disappointed when I get ones that are just signed and nothing more. Nice that they thought of me but just take two minutes to fill me in on what is new

Debbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Ahhhh feels so wonderful to be home,have a load of laundry going,fed Alfie and have the windows open,it is so stuffy up there cant really get any fresh air...
    Nice Polish lady came again and had to explain the medicine ,insulin routine again,but hopefully this will be it now for overnights etc.. this weekend they are closing the cottage..
    Will run over in morning for bloodwork dont have to fast..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 10min 2sec, 3,77ap, 98ahr, 133mhr, 8.17mi= 768c
    Strava app= 990c
    Zwift bike trainer- 38.37min, 20.3amph, 397elev, 140ahr, 167mgr, 13.08mi= 376c
    Strava app= 368c

Total cal 1144
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Started to do Tracy Anderson’t Total Body Min-Trampoline Workout. I was SO looking forward to it. Was I ever disappointed! It just isn’t for me. Too much dancing. So instead I did a Gay Gasper workout on the mini-trampoline. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Dynamic Toning (the cover says it’s yoga and pilates) DVD. This is a new one for me so hope it’s OK

Got the results of my mammo and everything is fine. I really believe God keeps me fairly healthy so that I can take care of Vince. That’s probably the way with a lot of us women

Kay
    – I’m so sorry about your friend (((HUGS)))) How frustrating that your sermon had to be postponed.

Tracey
    – evidently the hospital allows 2 people to be with a patient, but for the most part I only saw one person/patient. Why was your mom’s nursing home closed to visitors in Jan and Feb?

Oh, Heather – tired doesn’t even begin to describe it. I went to bed around 9 last night and promptly fell asleep. Like I said, I really think it’s post-stress. I finally was able to relax a bit, not on edge from minute to minute.

Has anyone had the “double” dose of the flu vaccine and if you did, did you have a reaction?

The ER told Vince to follow up with his primary care physician. Not sure if he needs to wait for the results of the ziopack or not. Anyway, I got the dates/times of the first appt with a Nurse Practioner and also an md. He’s asleep right now so I’ll let him make the decision and appt.

M
    – what wonderful news!!!

I’m sure we’re not going to put up any Halloween decorations this year. Vince isn’t feeling well, not many kids are going to come, the guy just seeded the front lawn so we should give the seed time to set anyway.

Katla – I know how hard it is not to see the grandchildren. I don’t even get facetime

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    edited October 2020
    I notice the difference in my car since the repair. It is driving better. NO check engine light! I have taken long trips and some freeway driving. I just do too many short trips. So I will take the extra preventative steps suggested too.

I finally got the right person at Xfinity. I was done with everything within 15 minutes and got what I wanted. No being put on hold. This is another thing I learned. If you are having trouble completing a business call til you find the right person to help you. So nice to get this done.

Agree Barbie telling perfect strangers our son died makes the process more difficult. We simplified what we could a couple of years ago and I am going to try harder to simplify more. As part of our estate plan I do inform them of accounts like Xfinity so unnecessary fees do not get added. I would have gone with another company but the wiring is already there at his house and it does save time and the hassle of having another company come in to set internet up.

There was no excuse to put me on hold for 30 minutes. I agree it might have been a ploy to get me to agree to something I did not want. I just hung up.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    edited October 2020
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Congratulatios, Machka! You have worked long and hard for this!

I will second that!

Karen thank you!

I bought a magnet for my car that I put on my trunk. It says treat people with kindness. I have to admit I have had to remind myself of this with some of the business dealings I have had to get done this week.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Spent the day working in the yard and not looking forward to heavy leaf fall in about a month. Two neighbors that refuse to manage their trees or keep leaves clean up as they know the slightest wind will carry them to my place that seems to be the leaf collection spot of the neighborhood. I am tired and sore and fighting a melancholy feeling. I think that the feeling is that this fall my daughter would be 50. The wonderful young neighbor lady brought me a pan of soggy sticky brownies, just the way I love them, and I only ate one which was a surprise to myself.

I will add a brownie to my Oregon produced 4% butterfat cottage cheese and Washington grown organic unsweetened applesauce breakfast in the morning. Adding a little unhealthy at times is healthy for the mind.

Bamboo fabric sleep shorts ... I love them as they are so soft and light and breathe great. The only downside is the cotton elastic band that is hard to dry as towels or heavy jeans. I fear that all the extra drying time will wear the light fabric out and hanging them in the house takes all day and half the night to dry. Outdoor hanging would be best but I am not set up for it and did it for too many years and like to get laundry done as fast as possible. At $20 each, I want them to last as long as possible. I suppose if the extensive dryer time wears them, I will whine about it, then pony up the dough, that is if they are still available. Finding them was about like finding the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine. I think I have that on my bucket list along with the Fountain of Youth. Ponce De Leon. Wasn't he the one that discovered the Fountain of Youth? Too tired for accurate recall of High School history. I might have ditched that class anyway.

Fae preparing for playing dementia fighting words puzzles and then dosing off to happy dreamland
  • pipcd34
    T
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,746 Member
    Machka ... Congratulations!!

DrKatieBug ... so sorry about your friend .. and then husband's exposure on top of that! I am also over this covid thing.

I'm just worn out this evening and heading to bed ... it's been a long week.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Thank you all! :)

My degree (Master of Information Technology and Systems) was completed through the Coursework stream. Because I worked full time through the whole thing, I opted to go Coursework rather than Research ... I could fit it into my schedule better.

Because my most recent Bachelor's degree is a Bachelor of Education and not Computer Science or similar, I had to take an additional 4 transition courses. So I took 16 courses in total over the 5 years, 8 months.

Time for a break from uni!

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    edited October 2020
    MACHKA

zg1xu53cplr6.gif

kim in N. California
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Rebecca – Athena is soooo beautiful. I’m not going to be the favorite grandmother, either. You're so lucky you get pictures

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Congrats machka
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :)Machka,
    928584azg37ws6rj.jpg
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    M from Oz Awesome.....just plain awesome. Congratulations.

Betsy in NW Washinton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    (((Michele:))) I’m sorry you don’t get to see your grandchildren, even via zoom or facetime. :sad: I took the flu shot and it was a potent version, but I didn’t have any unpleasant side effects.. DH has not done so, yet. He’s planning to take it in the doctor’s office on Monday. :star:

Tracey: I’m sorry that people are not more careful when visiting elderly relatives. I’m guessing they think their actions are kindness and won’t cause any harm. But with a little bit more care they could get the visit in person without endangering anyone. :ohwell: Cute puppy! :heart:

Today I rearranged some cabinets in my living room and packed up a large number of water glasses that haven’t been used in many years. I’ll be taking them to the Senior Center Thrift Store at the first opportunity.

Sending good wishes to those who are having health or family problems.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon