WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Machka!!! Congratulations! This is a fantastic achievement. You worked so hard through so much adversity.

pve33bdfnr1j.png

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Well here I am working the night shift, wondering how I let myself do this. I make the schedule so is my own fault. But I am remembering all the reasons I do not want to do this again. So much for being nice. Anyway I am 4 hours into a 12 hour shift and doing everything I can to stay busy and awake.

Rebecca & Michele--I make a point of sending my grandchildren cards. For Easter, Valentine, Halloween and birthdays with a $2. If I find out they have done something extra special or got a award at school I send a card and $2. It lets them know I am thinking of them and they remember. It's the little things that are consisit that matter I believe.

Well I am caught up and now need to find something else to keep me busy. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @faye, I liked the chickpea better than beans too! it's more subtle!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @faye : agreed about the uselessness of anonymous disagree button

I think that need laughing button.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    correction : I think "they" need a laughing button.
    impossible for me to edit a post these last days. I've done it plenty before but it's not working.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    did little yesterday, I didn't go to the my close friend's significant other's CD launch concert.

I love them and it's usually quite pleasant, but
    1. didn't feel like it, lazy; being homebody
    2. it was 20 euros and I'm tight on money, have to watch it for a few weeks or longer.
    3. COVID validates any choice to not go out.

Spent some hours this morning on activist workers-rights stuff.
    -organising an online meeting next week and a
    -inviting to live get together in about 2 months. (about 10 people with obligatory masks, etc).
    -answering an email
    -compiling a list of 160 people from one school to whom we will send a mail.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Casual stroll to the beach ...

Distance: 4.28km
    Elevation: 66m
    Moving Time: 1:05:00
    Elapsed Time: 1:07:50
    Pace: 15:10/km
    Calories: 421 supposedly. More likely 200. :)

This beach ...

knws6o2arp9l.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

It’s another damp morning here in sunny SFL. 😊 It’s my hope things dry out enough so I can trim down some of the palms in the courtyard.

Kim – Please, please let Lisa know she is in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for keeping us informed.

Tina – Every time I see the “Mirror” commercials I think, “I want that.”. But am a reluctant because I think we are surrounded with too much technology and prefer in person training too. The Yoga in the Park sessions finally started up here but are only on Saturdays. And, of course, it has been raining the past two. The weather heads are saying dry air is on its way so I am hopeful I will finally be able to go this coming Saturday.

Vicki – I am surprised masks are not required in church where people are surrounded by others. It’s amazing to me how different each area, city, country, town, etc. are guiding people through this point in time. You must be so excited – vacation is right around the corner!

Heather – March! Oh, my. And, via FB. 😊 What a nice meeting surprise from DH. Mr. Floyd’s house looks like a storefront. Not exactly my cup of tea!

Michelle – Sending positive thoughts Vince’s doctors find an appropriate treatment.

DrKatie – I am so sorry about your friend and your exposure!

Machka – Congratulations! It is done!

4okrorcxahz2.png

Barbara – Great news about Joe’s pressure!

Barbie – Happy belated birthday to Jake. You must be glad he remembered the last pizza episode. 😊

Bananas – During this time I also started making my own hummus. I was amazed how easy it is to make and how much money is saved. One brand of hummus produces a dark chocolate version which is delicious. I was going to search for recipes – let me know if you find a good one.

I hope everyone has had or is having a great day.

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

The rain brought allergies like I have never had before except in the spring and that was 20 years ago. Starting yesterday afternoon I started sneezing frequently and my nose ran continuously and still is. A bit of throat irritation has been going on for days which is not unusual for the fall. I have kept a check on my temperature and it is normal. I slept fair last night. Bad dreams but nothing novel. I haven't had a cold in years and since colds are coronavirus and spread the same as China SARS2/COVID19, I am sure it isn't a cold because of the extra hand sanitizing (contact) precautions I take as well as very unsocial distancing, a medical-grade mask, and glasses. Runny left side nose, watering left side eye, slight dizziness, breathing good, no fever, and attitude improving over last evening when it stunk worse than buzzard puke.

I wish I had kept my homemade buckskins from my mountain days. With my bright red nose I could pull off Rudolph this coming Halloween should this allergy continue.

I am thankful for the rain, but I think with the wind, it brought in toxic particles from all the smoke that still plagues the western USA. My throat, nose, and eyes burn like they did during the heavy smoke. I extinguished my headache with Tylenol.

The good news is my glaucoma eye, the left is draining like never before. The pressures must be a record low. Raw as southwest hell, but draining nicely.

I skipped my workout this morning in lieu of whining, pissing, and moaning about my current state of affairs.

Fae in PNW USA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Machka!!! Congratulations! This is a fantastic achievement. You worked so hard through so much adversity.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Thank you!! :blush:

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Machka

👏Congratulations👏