• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Ooooh mom always made grilled cheese on chili night 😎
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Another thread reminded me of this one:
    Wagon Wheels...every once in a while Mom would get some for us...loved them

the pasta or cookie?? Because the wagon wheel shaped pasta is my childhood haha
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Funny you ask...regarding the other thread...
    @VegjoyP commented how 'wagon wheels' were her favorite...I wasn't even thinking pasta (which I'm pretty sure she meant). I was thinking 'cookie' (of course my mind immediately went to cookie lol!🤣)

The pasta that most reminds me of my childhood was Kraft Dinner w/ chopped up wieners! I liked it then...now this sounds absolutely revolting🤣🤣
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member

@VegjoyP commented how 'wagon wheels' were her favorite...I wasn't even thinking pasta (which I'm pretty sure she meant). I was thinking 'cookie' (of course my mind immediately went to cookie lol!🤣)

The pasta that most reminds me of my childhood was Kraft Dinner w/ chopped up wieners! I liked it then...now this sounds absolutely revolting🤣🤣

Yes I meant pasta, don't even know what wagon wheel cookies are! 😂
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »

Me either but....cookies...so....

A quick google search says they're like moon pies in the states?

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited October 2020
    glassyo wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »

Me either but....cookies...so....

A quick google search says they're like moon pies in the states?

I'm thinking you're right - they sure look similar
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    The term wagon wheel cookies reminded me of Pinwheel cookies, wheel-shaped with a wafer bottom, marshmallow goo on the inside and chocolate coating; a treasure we kids found in the grocery bags on many a grocery shopping return. I swear it was me and my sibs who invented the 'what'd ya get at the store?' line. :/

Another sweet I remember from childhood days were little chocolate candies in the shape of babies; dubbed chocolate babies. Gobbled by the bagful. :(
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited October 2020
    At this time of year, my Mom would buy donuts and apple cider. She would also buy candied apples and, from a local bakery, these wonderful iced pumpkin cookies for my sister and me.

But she was the BEST cook and baker. Autumn reminds me of her delicious baked apples, apple crisp, beef stew, vegetable beef soup, and homemade macaroni and cheese.

• pancakerunner
    2eiuql44uaig.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Chicken and stars! A favorite

That was my favorite soup! Then the Spaghetti O's with the hotdogs were the best.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2020
    These were so cute. The cheez its were mini. I loved the cheez it and chocolate chips ones. ckf2iuwtlocf.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    These were so cute. The cheez its were mini. I loved the cheez it and chocolate chips ones. ckf2iuwtlocf.jpeg

Yes!!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    edited October 2020
    Tuna sandwiches on white bread with the crusts cut off, and cut into triangles. Of course the tuna was canned in oil. I would watch the clock and as soon as it hit 12 i would say, "tuna sandwich time!" 🤣 Also chocolate milkshakes (though not consumed at the same time as the tuna fish sandwich)
  • pancakerunner
    Tuna sandwiches on white bread with the crusts cut off, and cut into triangles. Of course the tuna was canned in oil. I would watch the clock and as soon as it hit 12 i would say, "tuna sandwich time!" 🤣 Also chocolate milkshakes (though not consumed at the same time as the tuna fish sandwich)

chocolate milk and tuna sandwich... bad image! haha but yes to both (separately)
  • pancakerunner
    dcj954ues1a8.png
    eaten with chicken nuggets
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    e0qc8zs5ykja.jpg
    a77mbdnui9gx.jpg