Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member

Hi Runa! Glad that you've gotten in some safe dancing 💃🏻

Missy - Sending good vibes that things go your way.....when will you know?

Sara - 2 casseroles! Plus hair color - Yay!

Tomorrow noon-ish I'm flying up to NYC for doctor, dentist, and other appointments. I haven't been there since February. I'm there for 1.5 weeks. At least it's not hot any more.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    3idd06c3uqaw.jpeg
    *** October 18th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Just getting us started.

Everybody have a good and safe day~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Good morning,

Casserole done and quiche in the oven - not enough cookware for 2 casseroles at a time but 10 meals are almost done - keeps me from eating out and eating frozen entrees as much.

Will go help with the Food Pantry donations so many steps today.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    5300 steps done mostly at church helping people with their pantry donations. Slept soundly when I got home. Steak salad for dinner (greens/steak/cheddar cheese/pumpkin seeds with bbq /mayo dressing), hopefully large enough to keep sweet tooth away.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    g5yk8p2l4ruj.png

Good morning,

It is hot enough here still......

Scale history tells me I have not been this weight since March. So whatever I am doing I will keep going.

It is Monday so a strong cup of tea is waiting.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Pouring rain in Tennessee today. Good test for my new roof.

I believe I have told everyone how far I have gone off plan. I am now reaping the "benefits."

Exhausted, in pain, insides hurt all the time. Even with all the lovely side effects, I do not have the mental capacity to eat properly. I need to change. Haven't even been on the scale in weeks.

I was informed last week that I will be flying to Arizona in seven weeks. I am selected to assist with training the new technicians on their reporting software.

Have a great day, everyone. Make the best choices you can in the situation you have.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    Good morning Sara~~
    Thanks for getting us going today. Yes, indeed - keep doing what all you are doing, because it is sending your numbers in the right direction.

Tracy, I understand where you are at with all this and the "benefits".
    When you go to Arizona, how long will you be there?

Well, my week of annoyances have started here (in my apartment) in NYC. This apartment is in such disrepair, but of course, I never had the skills to fix things or the money to have someone else do it.... very depressing. However, I am going to work at staying with healthy foods. I am sick of being up at my highest weight ever.

Time to put on my Sisyphus Hat and struggle with pushing the rock up the hill.

BBL

Crabby Lana
  • Twiley510
    @LanaCabana537

We will be there three days. Fly on Monday, train Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, return flight on Friday. My flying partner has global entry, but I will have to stand in lines.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Tracy and Lana and others - why is is so darn easy to fall back into the bad habits, especially when we know the good eating habits make us feel better. I am pretty high again as well. A bit over a year since my daughters wedding and up almost 13 pounds. dumb! Can blame covid and stress, but that is just no ok. I talked myself into being worth the change again and hoping to keep going!
    Sara - way to go on the productive weekend!
    Missy - so I have a Garmin watch too. I have the app on my phone - maybe we can challenge each other on steps or something. No idea how :) I had a fitbit through work for a bit...lost that somewhere. So my watch is my step counter.
    Happy Monday all! Past the mid point of October - amazing. Freezing temps last night - 27 degrees! Better find my winter gear!
    Lynn

CW 197
    HW 207
    GW 180

• Tilliesmommy1
    dx6zz54d0lxq.png

Good morning,

Still warm here. No rain doo dah doo dah.

Bag of candy is open will have to ration myself.

Trying to get more steps in again even if it means walking around my place (it is amusing as it is so small).

Wave to all who follow - stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning! Happy Tuesday.
    Starting my day with a virtual meeting. Getting tired of these...
    Have a great one!
  • LanaCabana537
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    @LanaCabana537

We will be there three days. Fly on Monday, train Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, return flight on Friday. My flying partner has global entry, but I will have to stand in lines.

Hey Tracy - There likely won't be any lines for you at the airport. Each airline is flying fewer flights per day, and there are not a lot of people on the flights that are going. I have flown twice now in the past month or so, there was no waiting at security at O'Hare or Raleigh or LaGuardia NYC.
    However, beware if you are taking the first flight of the day, because security can get a bit jammed with all of the 8AM flyers clogging up the lines for the 6AM flyers...

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Waving to Sara and Lynn and anyone else who stops by later on.....

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Happy Tuesday! Still no word yet for position. But I’m taking that at no news is good news.
    My youngest husky, Karamel, turned 3 years old yesterday still a wild one. He thought it would be cool to run from the back of the groomers, open the front door for a run and me sprinting after him. Thank the good Lord I caught him.
    @brennerjlb I’ll message you my email for connecting on Garmin.
    It’s rainy here in RI and I think I’m going to skip church crew tonight. Have a guy coming over after 4 to give me an estimate on trees being taken down.
    Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Twiley510

However, beware if you are taking the first flight of the day, because security can get a bit jammed with all of the 8AM flyers clogging up the lines for the 6AM flyers...

Lana

Wednesday! Halfway through the week.

Thank you for that info, Lana! I will likely not have any choice in the travel arrangements. Not actually getting my hopes up that I even get to go. I've been asked to travel several times before and something usually happens to keep me from going. My boss decides I am not really necessary after all or someone else decides they want to go instead.

Like when we were learning the software I am now going to teach, my entire department went to Germany for two weeks, except me. Even two people who are agoraphobic (read "begged not to go") and prone to illness when away from home went while I stayed home. Actually, I don't even know how to do the stuff I'm supposed to teach in December. I have to learn it before then.

On the health front, my body has now said, "You had your fun. Time to get back to basics." I have something terribly wrong in my intestines ( assuming diverticulitis). I will be on a liquid diet at least until Friday. Plus side--not even remotely hungry. Minus side--in so much pain I can barely walk or sleep. Bowling tonight will be fun!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2020
    8qzvg5nxer0s.jpeg

Good morning Tracy! So sorry to hear that your digestive tract is giving you such discomfort. You know what to do, so I hope that you get to feel better soon! Hugs! 🤗

Missy - that must have been like a madcap cartoon - you running after Karamel! 😜
    Still sending good vibes for good news on the work situation.

Good morning to everyone else who stops by later on. I must rush to be ready on time for my dental appointment. I cannot believe that this will be my first cleaning and checkup in a year. Dang covid!

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Mid week what a relief. Went to pick up my work chair. Just put down the arms as it is not ergo correct so I am thinking someone was using my chair - oh well. Monster had a hissy fit as usual (are you sure it wasnt tomorrow?) and MADE SURE I knew that it is company property and if its broken or stolen its on me - so glad I dont live in her head.

Food choices are good - except for the Halloween candy. Ooops.

Missy - I need a small dog so I have a chance of it not getting away or pulling me too hard on a walk. Glad you are both well and safe. Fingers crossed for work potential.

Tracey, glad you have a plan in place. Your boss should meet mine!!! In a locked room with padding.

• LanaCabana537

*snapping fingers for Cabana Boys to bring lunch*

Sara - I know you know this, but I have been seeing a lot of uplifting reminders about being less reactive to people who get in our face and upset us, talking about being aware and not letting their foul behavior cause a knee-jerk unhealthy reaction in us...... that people are showing us, with their behavior towards us, what they are all about.

Monster must be a very troubled person, and she has that bad juju leaking out all around herself, and enjoys it when it splashes on you. I know you know this, but I want to support you.

I overheard Jean Michel and Max (where did Max come from?) discussing the flight plans for the Gulfstream flight out to Sacramento with packages for you! 💜

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana I often find myself amused at the ways she tries to cause trouble and irritate me. Just shake my head. Oh yeah its a hot psychic mess nobody at work wants to go near. She is also showing signs of forgetting things....

Cboy care package? Wowie!! Will keep my eye out. Lots of construction going on but they look more like ZZTop than GQ..

Hang in there.
  • LanaCabana537

You know Sara, I treasure that card with the photo of Mario on it. It never fails to bring a smile to my face. I even keep a copy in my laptop photo collection......

However, ZZTop guys are definitely better than Mario, right?

Laughing Lana