Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body followed by Cathe Live Rock It Sock It. And I hope to go for a walk with DH in a few minutes. The first thing he asked me this morning is if we were walking today. I think he misses these walks when he has to go into work, and he has been at work the last three days. Makes me smile.

Tami!!! So good to see you!!!! Thank you so much for checking in. I have been thinking about you. I am so sorry to hear about your in-laws. I so hope your FIL starts feeling better. This is not the first time I have heard about people being sick but not wanting to think it is COVID. I agree that there probably is a bit of denial going on, which is understandable. I am sure this is tough on your DH. I am sorry his fishing season was so bad. The smoke issue out there is just horrible. My sisters are still living with daily smoke in Denver from fires. Even though we faced bad fires out there when we lived there, it was nothing like the constant smoke they have had for months, especially this late in the year. Anyhow, glad you are finding the rotation helpful. Thelma and I added a week, so we are probably a week behind you! But just so you know, I am hoping to post a new rotation in the next week or so for the winter time. Hope it looks good to you!

Thelma, great workouts! Yes, after diverging from the planned workouts the last couple of weeks, I decided to finish off this week with the workouts I had originally planned. And I am glad I did because it reminded me how good these Pyramid Pump workouts are. Like I mentioned to Tami, and since Laurie said the new DVDs are supposed to be in before the end of the month, I am going to try to get the new rotation shored up and ready to go in the next week or so. I don’t like entering the last phase of a rotation without knowing what is next. B)

Laurie, that is great news! I haven’t received that notification yet, so I made sure my pre-order confirmation was still out there. I can’t believe we pre-ordered these in January. For a year where every day seems to be going by with the speed of molasses, the year itself has really gotten away from me. Great workout this morning! I saw there was snow in Minnesota and Wisconsin!! It is that time of year I suppose. I am sorry to hear your MIL is not doing very well. COVID just makes what would be an already difficult situation that much worse. I am sure it is difficult for your DH trying to figure out how to help her out while limiting her exposure. Not easy. I know my MIL asks my DH when we are going to visit every time he talks to her, and she doesn’t quite seem to want to accept now is not the time for casual family visits that require extensive travel. It is just all so sad to me.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,494 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a quiet weekend and the weather has been simply beautiful and on the warmer side.

My workouts on Friday were Zumba and Sculpting. Sunday's workout was LITE PHA 2. I'm going to love this PHA week!

Tami, how nice to hear from you. I've been thinking about you so I'm glad you're OK and that you've been able to keep up with your workouts.

I'm sorry about your in-laws testing positive for COVID. Prayers and healing energy are going their way. People are so afraid to go to the doctor these days. This is just one of the unintended consequences of these lock downs. People are not going to the doctors to get their treatments or diagnosis. This virus is very treatable if caught early. I hope your FIL gets better soon. Thank God he's not on a respirator. It really is horrible to have to go through this virus all alone. My heart goes out to your in-laws and to you and Brett.

I'm glad Brett is back home just in case. Perhaps he can ask the nurses if they can help your FIL to use Face Time. You may not be able to understand him because of the oxygen but at least you'll be able to see him and talk to him.

We miss you too. Take care!

Laurie, I got my shipping notification from Cathe too! How exciting! Great workout!

I'm sorry about your MIL falling down and that hair line fracture in her back! Poor thing! I can't believe she lives alone at her age! Where would she move to? An assisted living facility?

Good idea to save vacation time for Christmas time! DH has so much vacation time accumulated that he is practically working part-time now.

Laurel, great workouts on Friday! I'm so glad your DH has gotten used to your walks and actually enjoys them!
    Those Pyramid Pump workouts are wonderful!
    Thank you so much for putting these rotations together and for keeping us focused.
    I am so excite about the new DVDs.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice weekend, but it sure was chilly and rainy. So it was good to spend some time on my quilting projects. This morning's workout was 30MTF Body Shop Workout 2.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Nice that your DH was asking about a walk, I have the same thing with mine. Right now it is walking in the dark, but on the weekends we go out for a longer one in the daylight. Although this weekend it was a little to wet to go for walks. Has it really been that long since we ordered these DVD's, the time sure did fly by. I know that Cathe wanted these out in the summer. She was planning on another system this year, so I wonder when she will be starting that one up. I think that my MIL is actually serious about moving!!!! She wants DH to start taking some of the furniture. Now I really don't want all that many things of hers. A rocking chair and her sewing machine. But if those are things that she will be using once she moves, then she can keep them. DH's BIL and SIL want the player piano, I'm like you can have it. I can't imagine trying to move that thing. I would rather the girls receive the items that their grandmother feels like getting rid of.

Thelma, Glad that you had some nice weather for your weekend. Love the workouts! Now that we have our shipping notification, we just have to wait for them to get to Cathe. I know that she said that they where creating the shipping label, so that they could move them along as soon as they arrive. Yes my MIL is looking at assisted living, and I would love for her to chose a location close to us. DH's brother lives about 10 min. from us, so it would be good for everyone. She of course looks at the price of things, and they are usually not close to all of us. Your DH's vacation sounds like my DH's. But his vacation time goes from June-May, so he usually is taking his time off in the spring.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was quiet but nice. We had beautiful weather which meant long evenings on the deck after dinner. Such a treat this time of the year. For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith walk followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Cathe’s live class from last week which was a short leg workout called Iron Legs. I followed it with a 45 minute spin. Today I started with a 20 minute spin, then went right into LITE PHA2 doubled premix. I was really questioning my sanity during the first round of exercises during that PHA workout, starting them right off the bike. But my body and mind eventually adjusted. I was trying to ‘shock’ my body....and I think I succeeded. :D

Thelma, great workouts. I finally got my shipping notification too! Since it looks like we will have the DVDs in time for using next week, I am planning on mixing the Flow and HiiT workouts throughout the next two weeks (not this week). During those same two weeks (which will take us to the end of this rotation’ I am going to move the split set workouts (Gym Styles and RWH LIHI) from Monday’s-Wednesday to Sunday-Tuesday, and then slip in the Lower and Upper body Perfect 30 workouts on Thursday and Friday of those two weeks, leaving Wednesday free from strength training. Hopefully that makes some sense! If it doesn’t, I will list everything by day. Glad you are enjoying PHA week so far. I never dread PHA week. :) I did some work on the next rotation this weekend, and I am going to let it sit for a minute then revisit to see if it makes sense. I think it is going to feel both similar and very different to what we have just done. I am looking forward to it.

Laurie, sounds like a perfect weekend for quilting projects! Like I said to Thelma, I finally got my shipping notification from Cathe too! So looking forward to this new series. I really hope your MIL can find a place to live. At her age, assisted living would be so helpful, and it would give you, your DH and his brother so much peace of mind, no doubt. The process of going through everything in her house won’t be an easy one. I have learned from my mom and my MIL that sentimental value of things really reigns supreme. I think I don’t always understand that because we have moved too much for me to hold much sentimental value in my furniture. But there is a reason I have my MILs dining table in my house, and it isn’t because I like it. B) But she was, literally, losing sleep over it, so it was better to just take it. Hopefully you don’t have a similar situation with your MIL.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Checking back in with you. :) Thank you for all the kind thoughts and it is so good to check back in with you all. It's been a little lonely out here in work-home-work-home living. ;) Looks like you are all doing good from what I can tell from reading the last few posts. That's great. :)

Laurie: I was thinking about your DD and wondering with her being in the same line of work. It has not slowed down at all. So crazy right now. I know our office is feeling majorly burned out right now and our manager knows it.... trying his best to buy lunches, snacks, bonuses, anything to just keep our heads up. Super nice of him. We are all encouraged to just start using vacation because we need it ..... not because we are going anywhere. LOL

We had a quiet weekend at home but that was good. DH is exhausted between worry and having the last month of getting up at 3:30 and fishing all day, etc… He always crashes with feeling the tireds but the emotional strain is ALOT right now too. His dad is hanging in there but it is definitely day-by-day. The doctor told him and my mother-in-law on Friday afternoon that if they can keep him “going” for the next 5 days he might have a chance of getting out of ICU. He definitely won’t be out of the hospital before Thanksgiving though they said. So yikes to both of those. :'(:( He is still having a really hard time. His spirits are down most of the time but then he has good moments during the day and reaches out to Brett and others. Not having visitors really makes an impact with this horrible pandemic forsure. We are still trying to figure out a way to have someone help him with FaceTime or installing an app so he can have FaceTime with peeps who don't have Iphones. I think this would really help. He enjoys receiving text messages forsure but that is so brief and not the same. Brett was going to stand in a parking lot and wave to him on Saturday but he wasn't good enough to do that. WE also found out on Saturday that my father-in-law's brother tested positive. He is fortunately not having major symptoms so he will be at home quarantined and fingers crossed he is ok. Brett's dad was basically the one that gave it to him by going over to his house the day he tested .... not sure (AGAIN) what they were thinking other than denial; Sandy's symptoms are mostly just a cough and tired but she gets better each day.

Workouts are keeping me sane of course because DH is all over the map, including not sleeping well. Looking forward to this week of workouts. Maybe with all the craziness I am off a little on the schedule .... is this week PHA or last week?? I seemed to do more Peloton rides than lifting last week, so either way, this will be good. Walks have felt really good too lately to just clear my mind but our weather is changing quickly and supposed to have snow this weekend.

I also saw that the shipping is happening on the new workout series! Always a fun thing to look forward too. :) Let me know if you guys change it up to fit those into the rotation. ;)

I will keep checking in ladies ~ talk to you soon! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Monday were Yoga and Gina B Hiit Cardio.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend! Great workout!!
    I hope Cathe and her crew get the DVDs soon!

It sure would be nice if your MIL would find a facility near your house. Moving that furniture will be a pain! It would be nice if your girls could get some of that furniture.

DH continues to accrue vacation time so he believes he can work part-time for the next two years on his vacation alone. This will allow him to sail into a part-time status in two years. He really can't retire full-time. He would go out of his mind not having much to do.

Laurel, I'm glad you also had a nice weekend and that you got your shipping notification! Great workouts!
    It makes sense to move the Gym Style workouts around to fit in the Perfect 30 workouts. I can't believe we're so close to the end of the rotation!

We've had similar weather and this week we're being treated to warmer temps. The invasion of the Asian lady beetles has started here. Do you get them there. The beetles were flying all over the place. The wasps, hornets and stink bugs are out too! Pretty soon there will be thousands of Asian lady beetles outside. It's something of biblical proportions!

Tami, I'm glad you had a good weekend. How nice of your manager to care so much for his staff! Poor Brett!

I can just imagine the stress and mental anguish you guys are under due to your FIL. I hope the doctors are able to keep him going for the next few days so he can get out of the ICU. Not having visitors is the hardest thing on these patients. It would be nice for Brett to go wave at his dad from the parking lot! Hopefully his dad will feel good soon!
    OMG on Brett's uncle! I'm glad your MIL is doing a little better! Sending lots of prayers and healing energy to your in-laws!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Circuit Burn Workout 2.

Laurel, Well your weather was drastically different than ours. As I was driving home the snow was falling. :D It didn't stick around, but it was a little depressing to see. ;) Glad that you are enjoying your nice weather though. Great job on your workouts, and shocking that body! Glad to hear that you got your shipping notification also. Did you see that she will be hosting a 2 day virtual roadtrip. Yesterday she asked what dates would be the best, they where Nov 13/14 or 20/21, so a Friday/Saturday. Sounds interesting, and probably not as much $$. I'm for sure interested, I could just take a Friday off of work. You are right on the sentimental things, she kind of did that with the trains. She didn't know why DH didn't want to keep them. He is way to busy to play with trains. :D

Tami, How nice that your boss is trying to boost the moral, my dd's boss does the same thing. I think that it does help my dd that she is able to go home, since she lives so close. She can be with her dogs, and eat her lunch in peace. I will continue to keep your FIL in my prayers, and I hope that he is able to do the virtual contact with the family. Sorry to hear that his brother also has it. Keep us posted when you are able.

Thelma, Love the workouts! The HiiT workouts that Cathe has in this series look interesting, and I'm wondering how they will be doing the rotations. Guess I will have to wait and see, but it is getting harder and harder to wait for these post to arrive. :D How great that your DH is able to accrue vacation like that. We have a year to use up our, or else it goes away. I'm up to 5 weeks now, so this year was difficult to use up since we really didn't go anywhere.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 75 minute Peloton ride followed by 20 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. The 75 minutes of spin wasn’t as bad as it sounds.....I did an extra warm-up and a long cool down, but the main program was 60 minutes....which is long enough. :)

Tami, thank you so much for checking in again. I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. Knowing how much stress the pandemic caused your DH earlier in the year, this must be his worst nightmare to have both parents and an uncle ill. I will keep you in my prayers. No doubt you are feeling the stress too between this and busy work. Take care of yourself! Thelma and I added a week a couple of weeks to the rotation, so we are doing PHA workouts this week (was supposed to be last week). I am glad you are finding stress relief in your workouts right now.

Thelma, great workouts! Yes, our weather has definitely turned warm this week with highs in the mid-80s, but I am just fine with it. We get ladybugs really badly here but not the beetles you do.....or we haven’t yet. But we have had more bugs this year, so we may just yet get them.

Laurie, another great workout. Yep, if not for the fact there is a slight chill in the air despite the temperatures, I would think we were in late spring with our weather right now. Snow? I have no interest in that at all right now. I did see the information about the virtual road trip. If she holds it on the first weekend, I will probably do it. The weekend before Thanksgiving is when I usually start getting the prepped for Christmas decorations, so I am not sure about that weekend. But it would definitely give me something to look forward to and maybe light a little fire under my feet to be a little more focused during my workouts. Some days, to be honest, I feel like I am just going through the motions.....a feeling I would like to shake!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Zumba, Yoga Basics and Step Boss PHA 3.

Laurie, awesome workout!

I can't believe you got snow already! Our temps at night are now in the 50's and 70's during the day.
    It is getting harder to wait for the new workouts but I think Cathe said they'll start shipping them out on 10/21.

It really is fortunate that DH can accumulate vacation like that. Living here in the mountains we don't feel the need to go on vacation. I'm sure you'll find ways to use up your vacation time.

Laurel, fantastic workout!
    Our weather is warmer and beautiful.
    If you get a lot of 'ladybugs', then they're not lady bugs. You will not see ladybug swarms. They live in your garden. The Asian lady beetles are usually mistaken for ladybugs. They are different though. They form swarms and want to live inside your house in the winter.
    https://plunketts.net/blog/ladybugs-vs-asian-lady-beetles

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Home Gym Intervals Workout 1. I used the elliptical, so it was a good sweat.

Laurel, Glad that you had a warm up and cool down for that long ride. Great job on your workouts. We had those Asian lady beetles all over the north side of our house a few weeks ago. Those things stink when they are crushed. Since that was right over the garage, a lot of those things fell on the driveway and I ran them over. :o So far that is the only insect that has been a problem for us. Did you vote for the weekend? I have not done so yet, but will send in my request. I think my participation will all depend on how much they will be charging. All of you doing the PHA workouts makes me want to change up my Friday workout. The rotation calls for Kelly's Muscle Definition, and I'm not a fan of that one. PHA sounds like a much better option. ;)

Thelma, Love the workouts! Unfortunately we usually get some snow this time of year. It just seems way to soon. I saw some pics of them getting the DVD orders together for shipping. It was shocking to see the amount of DVD's that they had to get through. I'm sure it is really nice to be in the mountains, it must feel like vacation everyday. I'm sure that I will feel that way when I finally get to retire. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! For today’s workout I put together two of my favorite Live PHA workouts.....PHA with Cardio Blasts and PHA3. Good but tough stuff. I was definitely dripping. :)

Thelma, great workouts. When we moved here, we hired a company to do outdoor and indoor insect treatment, and I asked the insect guy about our ladybugs. He told me they are a protected species here in Alabama because of what they do for the cotton fields. So I have always considered what we have as ladybugs, not the beetles you described. Except....they are the beetles you describe!! They definitely come inside, though we haven’t had swarms of them inside. But the insect guy told me that can happen. We had one land on our table on the deck last night and, yep, looking at the photo, it is a lady Asian beetle! So you have educated me on what is a pretty annoying thing during winter here. They love our master bathroom. I really don’t like that. :| But now I am prepared for swarms. :#

Laurie, great workout. Was that one where you get on and off the machine? Those are such good workouts. I haven’t commented on the dates for the Road Trip (mostly because I have sworn off Facebook until after the election....and maybe forever B) ), but DH let me know he is taking the week of Thanksgiving off, which means I can use him for physical labor during that week which frees up my weekend before Thanksgiving. So, for me, I think I will do it regardless of which weekend if, like you, the cost seems reasonable. These PHA workouts this week have felt so good. You can never go wrong with a PHA workout. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Zumba, Beginner Gentle Yoga, Fit Tower Legs, Glutes and Core and Revive and Restore yoga.

I heard a doctor on TV today say that taking 1000IU of vitamin D reduces the chances of getting covid by 77%. Zinc also helps and doctors have found that inhaled steroids such as Flonase help too! I feel that I'm super protected because I take all those things as well as hydroxychloroquine.

Laurie, sounds like you had a really good workout today!
    We live in bug city. I had noticed a different little beetle and a friend helped me identify it. It's the Kodzu beetle. So now we have Asian lady beetles, Kodzu beetles, stink bugs, wasps, hornets and God knows what else is out there.

It really is too early for snow! I saw those pictures about the DVDs on FB.
    Living here is like being on permanent vacation. I asked DH if he feels the need to go on vacation somewhere and he said no. I feel the same way.

Laurel, that was a killer workout combo! Good for you!

We all think those bugs are lady bugs at first. You need to make sure your windows and doors are closed because they can get in so easily.
    Someone in Blue Ridge posted this remedy to trap the bugs when inside:
    Soapy dish soap in a bowl of water placed throughout the house traps hundreds at a time. The cold brings them in. Make sure and swish the water around to make suds.

We don't get many of them inside because we don't open our windows and our doors are never open unless we are going in or out. I hate bugs inside the house. The flying kind freak me out!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Rainy rainy weather, so no walk this morning. My workout was 30MTF Kickboxing Workout 2. Such a good one for only 30 min. I am changing up my workout tomorrow, and doing the PHA2. Sounds a lot more fun that the Kelly Muscle Definition. ;)

Laurel, Awesome tough workouts you did. Of course all of you inspired me, and the PHA workouts sound so good, that I had to put it on my schedule. Interesting information on why they won't treat for those beetles. One thing for sure, if you have a vacuum cleaner like my Shark, it will grind up those little bodies and make it stink. The one good thing is that I can wash my vacuum out, but that smell is not fun. Just a warning for you if you have to suck them up. :/ I hear you on the facebook, I just go to my groups page and don't visit my newsfeed at all. Can't stay away from the page that has my quilt a long :D . Nice that you DH is taking that time off. I have not decided how many days I will be taking at Thanksgiving yet. I don't really need to take all the days that I usually do, but I do have the days available.

Thelma, Great workouts! Interesting information on the Covid. We have gotten past the wasps, but yes we do have those to. Stink bugs are not as bad, but we do have them. I will have to look up that other beetle, because that is a new one to me. We have the Japanese beetle, they are really pretty, but can be very destructive to certain types of plants. The one bug I hate the most is the box elder beetles. I have had those things walk on my arm during the night, and it is a creepy feeling.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton followed by Cathe Live Legs and Core Down on the Floor. It was a perfect combo for me today because my legs are feeling a little wobbly from the workouts this week. Spending an hour on the floor doing something productive but not intense felt perfect.

Thelma, great workouts. I had planned to do that Fit Tower workout too, but ended up on my mat instead. I have heard the same thing about Vitamin D and Zinc. I try as much as possible to get Vitamin D from sunshine, but I might take a supplement this winter if we have long stretches of rain. It will probably help my energy levels too. Thank you for the recommendation on lady beetles and getting rid of them. We have only had them as singles in the house, so hopefully we don’t get more than that this year!

Laurie, great workout. And I know you will enjoy PHA2 tomorrow. I saw that Cathe has priced the Road Trip at $119, and it is open to 125 people. Did you see that? She said they will also be sending a t-shirt and a couple other things to participants, probably like what we got last year. Our insect guy said the same thing about vacuuming up the lady beetles! I had forgotten that until you mentioned it. I prefer not having to clean out my vacuum, that’s for sure. Thank you for the reminder.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Thursday's workouts were Gina B low impact cardio and S&S PHA Training.

Laurie, loved your workout! Good idea to switch to the PHA workout! Too bad you had to miss your walk because of the rain.

We have a lot more Asian lady beetles now! Our screened porch had lots of them inside! My biggest fear with bugs is for them to crawl inside my ears or my nose but I also fear them crawling on my skin. It is a creepy feeling.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I take a multivitamin and it has vitamin D and zinc. I also get more zinc and vitamin D from my Calcium, magnesium, zinc supplement for hot flashes.
    I hope you don't get a lot of Asian lady beetles. I found two inside the house today.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Again a rainy morning, so no walk. DH is going to take Rocket out for a walk during the day, the rain is suppose to stop sometime this afternoon. My workout was of course PHA2, and it felt great. My DVD's are in Aurora, IL and on it's way to it's next destination. :D I'm stalking my DVD's. :D

Laurel, Glad you where able to really enjoy your workouts, they look great! Thanks for the information on the price, I did not see the price. I'm sure that they have to limit the amount of people so that their system doesn't crash. ;) The way things go I'm probably to late, and those slots are full. I'm glad that I was able to remind you of the smelly little beasties. I have to vacuum them up at church all the time. You can't see those things on the carpet that we have at the church. ;)

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! Missed the walk in the rain again. I would walk in the rain, but right now it is very cold rain. Don't need to have a cold right now, everyone things you have Covid. :(

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was another tough one. I did a 20 minute spin into S&S PHA doubled premix. That was tough! But it felt good.

Thelma, great workouts. We haven’t seen any beetles inside yet....just on the deck. But our weather is still warmer than yours, so that may be why we don’t have them inside yet. Not looking forward to that.

Laurie, great workout! I love that you are stalking your DVDs! I need to figure out where mine are too. I think the virtual road trip will sell out in a second to be honest, so I won’t be surprised to miss out on the opportunity either. But if it isn’t too much for her, maybe she will do more of them until things calm down a bit with COVID.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice one and worked on a project trying to seal our upstairs screened porch to make it bug proof. The Asian lady beetles were getting in. DH bought screen material to cover the under side of the floor because there are gaps between the wood planks to allow the water to run off. I believe those gaps are the main problem but since this is a log house there were gaps between the supporting logs and the screen frame too. Tomorrow will be the big test if it's sunny.

My workouts on Friday were Zumba, Restorative Yoga and Sculpting.
    My workouts on Sunday were Gina B low impact cardio and Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I did a premix which covers all three muscle groups and I still got an awesome workout.

Halloween and the lighting of the tree in downtown BR were cancelled already due to covid. Things in Italy and the rest of Europe are bad. My aunt told me that as of Monday offices are closed to the public and if customers need anything they have to make an appointment. Prices at the supermarkets are more expensive. The hospitals are already filling up and people are fighting the policemen who are trying to force them into a lockdown.

Saturday night was pretty rainy around here. Temps at night are in the 60's and 70's during the day.

Laurie, great job getting job with the PHA2 workout! Too bad you missed your walk due to the rain, but I think you made the right choice with that cold rain.

How exciting that your DVD's are in Aurora, IL already! Mine are already in transit to Blue Ridge from a distribution center in Atlanta. I am so excited!!

Laurel, great workouts!

I hope you don't get too many bugs inside your house this year. After DH had installed the screen downstairs the bugs came in with a vengeance into the screen porch. They found a way through though gaps between the logs and the screen frame. DH had to vacuum them out. Thankfully we still have a canister vacuum that uses bags. Once he vacuumed the bugs he took the bag out and put it in a plastic bag so the bugs wouldn't escape. CRAZY!

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I have my DVD's!!! They arrived on Saturday. Had a nice but cold weekend. We had a light dusting of snow this morning. My workout was 30MTF Strong & Lean Workout 1, which is all strength. I will finish out this Kelly rotation, and then next week move on to the Perfect 30 rotation. I see that they have open days for picking a different workout, so I'm going to probably insert a Kelly one into those slots.

Laurel, Sounds like an excellent workout! I hope that you either have gotten or will be getting your DVD's today. I was super excited to get mine, and they are really cute. I don't know how DVD's can be cute, but I love the colors. :D Can't wait to try them out, and it appears that the weights are heavy. She is using 40lb dumbbells for squats. Looks like the highest weight for upper body is 35lbs. I hope that she is able to do more of the virtual road trips also, I'm sure that they have lost a lot of $ since all of this started. I would like to support her as much as I can.

Thelma, I do hope that your efforts against the beetle invasion works. Those things seem to be able to slip into the smallest cracks. Great workouts! Those GS premixes are good. I like the leg premix more than the actual workout. :D Sorry to hear about the lighting ceremony was cancelled. I had heard that Europe was having to deal with Covid again.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty quiet. It rained all day on Saturday, but we still spent the day running some errands. Yesterday was just chores around the house.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Interval walk and 30 minutes of Peloton yoga. I got my DVDs on Saturday, so, of course, I had to try one yesterday. I started with Gym Style Chest and Triceps, then did Perfect 30 HiiT High Impact, with the Pyramid HiiT Bonus and the Bonus stretch. This premix was about 48 minutes long, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The HiiT was high impact with quite a few burpee sections, but the moves were unique and she didn’t do them forever. I was breathy without being breathless, though I would imagine as I get more familiar with it, it will feel more intense. The bonus cardio surprised me in that it used the step. I must have missed any indication of that in my reading about the series. I did it on a 6” step, but feel I could have done 8”. It is formatted like Shock Cardio Pyramid HiiT with very simple moves (no choreography!). Cathe mentioned it could be done without a step, and I may try that tomorrow when I plan on doing the Low Impact HiiT....just to see what it feels like. The Bonus stretch was only 8 minutes long and it felt like Cathe’s older stretches for her DVDs, which were always 5-7 minutes long. Nothing earth shattering, but it was a good total body stretch. Looking forward to trying all of the workouts this week for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. Sounds like you had the same rain we did. And, of course, we may get more rain this week if that hurricane comes through. But since October has been so dry, I don’t mind. Hopefully your work this weekend helps with the bug problem. We still don’t have them here quite yet.

Laurie, great workout. I was so surprised to get my workouts Saturday since they were projected to arrive today. But Saturday morning Cathe sent out an email indicating they were On Demand already, so I mentally planned to add them to my week this week before seeing the DVDs. But I agree....the DVDs are cute! I am going to try to Perfect Flow workouts on Wednesday, and that is the DVD I am most anxious to try. I previewed the upper body workout yesterday and, yes, she goes heavy. There are a couple of exercises I am not quite sure I will be able to use the same weight on, but I like that she took these workouts heavier than she has done for awhile. Forty pounds on squats is about my limit, so I will have to see about that!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel