Strict calories deficit: not losing weight!!!!!

Replies

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    You are rite, many species adopted well on earth along with humans. What happens to humans now? Why only humans suffer diabetis and weight gain problems vs. wild animals? Notice, domesticated animals like dogs and cats also got it. They suffer heart attacks, arthritis, canser, diabetis like humans.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    natasor1 wrote: »
    You are rite, many species adopted well on earth along with humans. What happens to humans now? Why only humans suffer diabetis and weight gain problems vs. wild animals? Notice, domesticated animals like dogs and cats also got it. They suffer heart attacks, arthritis, canser, diabetis like humans.

You answered your own question. Humans aren't the only animals who gain excess weight and suffer from the illnesses associated with it. Domesticated animals also can experience it, as well as wild animals in captivity.

• ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    Your BMR is 1500? Why won't you post your weight but post a whole lot of other stuff?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Your BMR is 1500? Why won't you post your weight but post a whole lot of other stuff?
    bethanyjxx wrote: »
    How tall are you and what do you currently weigh?

Hi! Thanks for replying! I am 5''7 and 156 pounds :(
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    I would suggest your meals be as plain as possible before anything else.

Complex carbs, plain.
    Protein, plain and lean(but beware of even chicken breasts, consistently), suspended broiled/baked.
    Fats, are more difficult, hence methods of cooking prior to this macro. Try to use low amounts and reduce saturated and trans fats?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member

Complex carbs, plain.
    Protein, plain and lean(but beware of even chicken breasts, consistently), suspended broiled/baked.
    Fats, are more difficult, hence methods of cooking prior to this macro. Try to use low amounts and reduce saturated and trans fats?

Sound advice imho. I can post a crap ton of research that supports this advice. Reduction of food variety has shown to decrease intake in ad librium studies. There is a great amount of evidence that restricting a macronutrient effects intakes. For this instance, we are just jerking around here. OP is not willing to give out the info needed to help. I am personally calling this thread dead....
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I think this thread has officially been all over the place.

The main point being that Oreos are delicious though, right??

Absolutely..what other take away could we possibly need?
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    edited October 2020
    psychod787 wrote: »
    OP is not willing to give out the info needed to help. I am personally calling this thread dead....

I'm not sure the OP is unwilling to do anything. When asked for her height and weight, early on, she responded. I think the thread got derailed as a result of comments posted by someone else who IS unwilling to share info.

OP, see my questions above, give your answers in one post and perhaps you'll get some info that will help from people who have seen pretty much everything before.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited October 2020
    bethanyjxx wrote: »
    How tall are you and what do you currently weigh?

Hi! Thanks for replying! I am 5''7 and 156 pounds :(

This puts you in the normal normal bmi range (I make your bmi 24.4). I wonder, what is your goal weight? You probably can't expect to lose very fast anyway with a normal bmi. Also to me (at four inches taller), 1300 seems quite low as a calorie intake for your height.

It does seem to me that the bloating might well have something to do with what you are epxeriencing, and i also wonder if you have een a doctor?
  • psychod787
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    This thread got me like

y83fbm5nfptl.jpg

So..... you're the elephant in the room... 😳
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    This thread got me like

y83fbm5nfptl.jpg

Just trying to flex my Halloween costume early 😏 NBD
  • psychod787
    This thread got me like

y83fbm5nfptl.jpg

Just trying to flex my Halloween costume early 😏 NBD

Going as a fat cat?🤔
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited October 2020
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Complex carbs, plain.

Sound advice imho. I can post a crap ton of research that supports this advice. Reduction of food variety has shown to decrease intake in ad librium studies. There is a great amount of evidence that restricting a macronutrient effects intakes. For this instance, we are just jerking around here. OP is not willing to give out the info needed to help. I am personally calling this thread dead....

There may be ample research evidence for the effectiveness of eating in a boring or sub-pleasant way for weight management, but to me it sounds like a miserable strategy to undertake, unless truly, truly essential. I suspect I may have non-standard tastes, but IMO there are plenty of very tasty, calorie-appropriate, filling foods in the world, and a variety of delightful ways to prepare them that make eating them an even more positive, enjoyable experience.

"Eat plain boring things" sounds subjectively like the "never eat grain or flour ever again" advice, maybe necessary or the best approach for some with particular appetite-control issues, but not necessarily good first-call universal advice for all (even though I hear and believe what you're saying about research findings).

Personally, I think I might even be inclined to eat *more* of boring food in a desperate search for eating pleasure, vs. enjoying something I can truly savor. That's speculation, though. I'm not going to do the experiment by switching to things I think are plain, repetitive, boring.

Seconded. I would even go so far as to say that if I tried to eat a boring diet, I'd probably just end up binging on the enjoyable things I attempt to eliminate.

I would think a boring diet would run in the same vein as a fad diet in that it's usually is fine for a short term, but ultimately unsustainable long term for a lot of people. With that in mind, how effective can it truly be overall?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Complex carbs, plain.

There may be ample research evidence for the effectiveness of eating in a boring or sub-pleasant way for weight management, but to me it sounds like a miserable strategy to undertake, unless truly, truly essential. I suspect I may have non-standard tastes, but IMO there are plenty of very tasty, calorie-appropriate, filling foods in the world, and a variety of delightful ways to prepare them that make eating them an even more positive, enjoyable experience.

"Eat plain boring things" sounds subjectively like the "never eat grain or flour ever again" advice, maybe necessary or the best approach for some with particular appetite-control issues, but not necessarily good first-call universal advice for all (even though I hear and believe what you're saying about research findings).

Personally, I think I might even be inclined to eat *more* of boring food in a desperate search for eating pleasure, vs. enjoying something I can truly savor. That's speculation, though. I'm not going to do the experiment by switching to things I think are plain, repetitive, boring.

I'm someone who is very prone to "snapping" and going out to get food if I'm bored by what I've got at home. This is one reason why I'm always sure to plan meals that are exciting to me while still fitting in my calorie goal. If my meal plan was plain lean protein and plain complex carbs, my fridge would always be full of them . . . because I'd be at the Taco Bell drive-through.

I know some people have success with the plain monomeal style of eating, but this is a situation where it is very good to know yourself and what works for you.