‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Old selfie, almost 5 years ago after a graded research presentation in my final semester of college. This was a "thank God it's over" smile of relief. I have not worn lipstick in over 7 months.

zv16k48uzkz7.jpg

you are really pretty - and your dimples! :o:)

Thank you 💗
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg
    I don't generally wear makeup, but I am participating in a Rocktober challenge on Smule and thought I should put in some effort. Mecurochrome in the hair to boot. I don't even recognize me, but I don't think it looks too bad

Nicely done! Your eyes are mesmerizing.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg
    I don't generally wear makeup, but I am participating in a Rocktober challenge on Smule and thought I should put in some effort. Mecurochrome in the hair to boot. I don't even recognize me, but I don't think it looks too bad

wow! you look gorgeous! your eyes and hair are BOOM, Lady! :)
    ythannah wrote: »
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg

Thank you both 🤗 I'm not even sure how I managed to get my eye makeup like that. I don't have much experience or makeup
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg

im4kqxoenjan.jpg

Thank you both 🤗 I'm not even sure how I managed to get my eye makeup like that. I don't have much experience or makeup

Well some people are natural at doing some things. Maybe this is a hidden talent you have. I think you looked very lovely. How did the challenge go? If you answered that question already disregard. I usually read the last few posts so idk what's going on lol
  • Versicolour
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg

im4kqxoenjan.jpg

Well some people are natural at doing some things. Maybe this is a hidden talent you have. I think you looked very lovely. How did the challenge go? If you answered that question already disregard. I usually read the last few posts so idk what's going on lol

We are still gathering the final layers to the song and then we will submit it. This week is for voting and the winning team will be announced on the 31st
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg

Hope you felt as bad *kitten* as you looked! 🤯😍
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg

🥰❤
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    @fstrickl wrote: »
    Okay, I looked through my IG stories and of all the lipstick i have this was the number one winner according to my followers who voted (mostly my mom- thanks mom). It however, is not my personal favourite. But I do love Bite Beauty lipstick!

yaj3skgpe963.jpeg

Your lips look perfect. Do you use a lip liner? My lips are always in rough shape, I cannot imagine mine being this smooth 😅

Thanks! I can confirm this was a good pic, my lips are usually in rough shape (I live in a cold dry climate). I think for this pic I used a sugar scrub and regular lip balm first. No lip liner, I don’t use lip liner but should especially with darker/bolder colours. It’s just pure laziness that I don’t and I don’t own one. BUT I would like to buy those clear ones so I don’t have to get liner for every colour of lipstick.

there's such a thing as clear lip liner? wow i'm out of the loop - that shows how much i know about makeup :D

DuWop makes a clear liner that has a touch of plumping to it. This is great for older ladies that are starting to get those little lip lines. They drive me crazy. I also highly recommend their lip plumping gloss "Lip Venom".

For dry lips (I have them as well), lip balm or Vaseline before bed and apply lip balm immediately after you wash your face. If you have flaky dry skin on your lips, use a tooth brush to exfoliate and then apply lip balm or lip plumper. Some people use sugar scrubs.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg

So...how to say this without sounding like the serial killer from Silence of the Lambs?

You have amazing bone structure!

And your eye makeup was well done, for sure; they're poppin'!
  • Versicolour
    Aw ladies! Thank you so much. You are the best 🤗😘
  • Versicolour
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Where do you start in recognizing all the beauty, all around knowledge and absolute brilliance in this thread? Man alive....

😘
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    edited October 2020
    im4kqxoenjan.jpg

Man oh man!!!

giphy.gif
  • LoveyChar
    Back to the topic of short hair:

Pixie cut: I got a pixie cut summer of 2016 and kept it for a year. Longest hair on my head was probably half an inch long and it required gel and a little daily styling. It was a very feminine cut and I loved it! I will get this cut again!

Lady Mohawk: Fashioned much after Pink's Mohawks, I got a lady Mohawk summer of 2017. I loved it at first but quickly decided I wanted to grow it out. It was shaved on both sides but the top was long and to get the heighth of most of Pink's Mohawks I had to use a lot of gel and mousse for it to stand up and if I didn't get it right, it would just fall. It was also a very feminine haircut but not easy to maintain. Plus when I decided to grow it out, I kept getting the top cut down while letting the sides grow out. Not sure if I'd get this haircut again but I'm glad I did when I did.

Let me see if I can find the selfies.
  • LoveyChar
    Testing out my Halloween dragon makeup on one side of my face. It has to stay put during a 5k so no foundation. Lipstick is a brown nude matte with eyeshadow patted into it. I took a quick shower to wash all the gunk off my face, used my usual face wash which gets most makeup off, and looked at myself in the mirror and I had a perfectly clean face with green lips! Then I had to go through two different makeup removers before I found one that worked. I was panicked I was going to have permanent green lipstick for a while there, when they say it stays on I guess they mean it!

6dt8ptgwr7i6.jpeg

You'll make a lovely dragon! I'm running a 5k on Halloween too! Maybe we should start a Halloween Fun Run 5k Thread!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Would love to see a before/after the run @rheddmobile. If that makeup stays on after a 5k, they'd have customers for life!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Testing out my Halloween dragon makeup on one side of my face. It has to stay put during a 5k so no foundation. Lipstick is a brown nude matte with eyeshadow patted into it. I took a quick shower to wash all the gunk off my face, used my usual face wash which gets most makeup off, and looked at myself in the mirror and I had a perfectly clean face with green lips! Then I had to go through two different makeup removers before I found one that worked. I was panicked I was going to have permanent green lipstick for a while there, when they say it stays on I guess they mean it!

6dt8ptgwr7i6.jpeg

Awesome, I love it. Did you use the fishnet technique for the scales?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @Yoshiboobs Yep! I used a fishnet wig cap. When I do it next time I am going to do it a little differently and use a darker matte color for the base - with both base and highlights being shimmer there isn’t enough contrast.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    @fstrickl wrote: »
    Okay, I looked through my IG stories and of all the lipstick i have this was the number one winner according to my followers who voted (mostly my mom- thanks mom). It however, is not my personal favourite. But I do love Bite Beauty lipstick!

yaj3skgpe963.jpeg

Your lips look perfect. Do you use a lip liner? My lips are always in rough shape, I cannot imagine mine being this smooth 😅

Thanks! I can confirm this was a good pic, my lips are usually in rough shape (I live in a cold dry climate). I think for this pic I used a sugar scrub and regular lip balm first. No lip liner, I don’t use lip liner but should especially with darker/bolder colours. It’s just pure laziness that I don’t and I don’t own one. BUT I would like to buy those clear ones so I don’t have to get liner for every colour of lipstick.

there's such a thing as clear lip liner? wow i'm out of the loop - that shows how much i know about makeup :D

DuWop makes a clear liner that has a touch of plumping to it. This is great for older ladies that are starting to get those little lip lines. They drive me crazy. I also highly recommend their lip plumping gloss "Lip Venom".

For dry lips (I have them as well), lip balm or Vaseline before bed and apply lip balm immediately after you wash your face. If you have flaky dry skin on your lips, use a tooth brush to exfoliate and then apply lip balm or lip plumper. Some people use sugar scrubs.

i'm older so i qualify for dry lips. i can't believe how much my former mick jagger lips shrunk! i'm outside a lot all year long so the weather is hard on my skin - esp the lips! thanks for the lip tips :)